Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PhillipM
PhillipM

Re: Ferrari F2012

Easily explained by track rubbering in and dialling setup in. Wouldn't put too much into it yet.

f300v10
f300v10

They appear to have run several rear wing variations (including the lower downforce Spa wing), but I believe this is the first time I have seen this one. Note the revised gill slits that are curved at the rear. This wing may also have the modified lower turning fins shown in Singapore on the wing that was not raced.

ten_marco
ten_marco

Unfortunately, I do not think we will see many changes at Ferrari for this year. Although Domenicali has said that they intend to bring updates to all races, I believe that there will be "a step too forward." Now is pray.
I believe that Ferrari had to invest heavily in the front wing, and also some improvement in sidepod and exhaust. Maybe a ramp at exit exhausts, attached to the floor, in the style of Red Bull, directed towards the center of the diffuser, give a little more momentum to the car, and also deminui tire wear. And also a "wing aerodynamics" beside cokpit, Mcalren style. Now the championship is secure, and fix some bugs for F2013 be much better than this.
ForzaFerrari.

amouzouris

Here are the three different versions of rear wing gills Ferrari tested here in Japan:

http://technicalf1explained.blogspot.co ... -wing.html

F1.Ru

Alonso in Autosport wrote:
"I think in the next races we will improve the car for sure. I think we did not improve too much in the last two or three grands prix, but there are some good plans for the next races. So sooner or later we will be in a more competitive approach.

"On the other hand, we are not very competitive in pure performance [on Saturdays] because they are quicker than us, but on Sunday normally we improve our pace.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103167
So that does means that again some or most of the updates that Ferrari bring goes to vain.......... :(

Their scheduled major updates packages are said to be developed for Singapore GP, now they are saying that its next races that they are going to bring major updates, thinks that their correlation issues made them to postpone those updates and check them in clogene wind-tunnel of toyota............. :?
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

F1.Ru wrote:
Alonso in Autosport wrote:
"I think in the next races we will improve the car for sure. I think we did not improve too much in the last two or three grands prix, but there are some good plans for the next races. So sooner or later we will be in a more competitive approach.

"On the other hand, we are not very competitive in pure performance [on Saturdays] because they are quicker than us, but on Sunday normally we improve our pace.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103167
So that does means that again some or most of the updates that Ferrari bring goes to vain.......... :(

Their scheduled major updates packages are said to be developed for Singapore GP, now they are saying that its next races that they are going to bring major updates, thinks that their correlation issues made them to postpone those updates and check them in clogene wind-tunnel of toyota............. :?
No idea what it means, but Ferrari are only holding onto the championship by the skin of their teeth right now. They need to do something drastic to ensure the title, Alonso can't win the championship in a car that is 2rd, 4th or 5th fastest depending on the track.

They need to get their rig set up in a wind tunnel that can be trusted and fast.

Forza

Screenshot from Saturday at Japan

alogoc
alogoc

big update in India
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Hail22

Unfortunately I feel as if the season has slipped past our fingers...

Lets wait and see, I'm hearing that Ferrari will be announcing a second wind tunnel being leased to test 2013 components/full scale model a long with the Toyota Tunnel.

*Fingers crossed* [-o<
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

alogoc wrote:big update in India
same way there was supposed to be a big update for Singapore?

amouzouris

my guess is that since they already had problems with the front wings tested in previous races and didn't work, they decided not to introduce the Singapore upgrade and maybe test the parts in Cologne first along with some other new parts and introduce them in India....
that is my humble opinion

timbo
timbo

Have to say that the car was GREAT over the kerbs in Suzuka. MUCH better than Merc or Macca. Haven't seen RB on that slo-mo though.

amouzouris

Here is my analysis on the new front wing flap raced in Japan:

http://technicalf1explained.blogspot.co ... japan.html

BTW guys feel free to integrate any of my drawings in the forum to continue the discussion here

F1.Ru

Hail22 wrote:Unfortunately I feel as if the season has slipped past our fingers...

Lets wait and see, I'm hearing that Ferrari will be announcing a second wind tunnel being leased to test 2013 components/full scale model a long with the Toyota Tunnel.*Fingers crossed* [-o<
Full Scale model is not permitted to test in the windtunnel, IIRC maximum permitted is 60% scale model.
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Vanja #66

timbo wrote:Have to say that the car was GREAT over the kerbs in Suzuka. MUCH better than Merc or Macca. Haven't seen RB on that slo-mo though.
Pull-rod? IIRC, F2012 was great in Monza on the kerbs, and they are quite big too...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie