2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wickedz50
wickedz50

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

The big question still is whether AN is coming in for 25 season, else even if they have the most powerful engine in 2026 they will still find difficulty to make the car work in the new regs without AN. Let’s be honest there is lack of in-depth talent in this field. The team needs to attract talent worldwide and even FV can’t help.
Honestly someone did this job and if this is the result then at this level he should step aside or be removed.
All big talks on news and Italian media pumping the expectations up to the sky. Who is giving them such insider news needs to be disciplined.
What’s the point of signing LH when you don’t have a competetive car? Honestly LH must have seen something or he got sold the BS by FV.
Only hope I see now is AN joining in 25.

JPower
JPower

wickedz50 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 17:43
The big question still is whether AN is coming in for 25 season, else even if they have the most powerful engine in 2026 they will still find difficulty to make the car work in the new regs without AN. Let’s be honest there is lack of in-depth talent in this field. The team needs to attract talent worldwide and even FV can’t help.
Honestly someone did this job and if this is the result then at this level he should step aside or be removed.
All big talks on news and Italian media pumping the expectations up to the sky. Who is giving them such insider news needs to be disciplined.
What’s the point of signing LH when you don’t have a competetive car? Honestly LH must have seen something or he got sold the BS by FV.
I will be very surprised if Newey leaves England. In any case, Ferrari still has plenty of talent coming in.
Last edited by JPower on 06 Jul 2024, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Leclerc saying they literally lost pace and they have no clue why.

Yikes.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

wickedz50 wrote:
Honestly I think he’ll end up in AM, but that’s just my hunch.
Now if he joins Ferrari then you know that the whole engineering side has to step the game to whole new levels, keeping it like this even the God himself won’t help them.

ali623
ali623

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 17:38
The team's continued struggles in mixed conditions are tiring at this point. Charles has also been low-key terrible in this area for a while now. I've come to dread any remotely tricky weekends in terms of weather conditions.

Ughhhh.
Leclerc has always been a bit meh in the wet usually. I remember this was the one areas Vettel still seemed better than him when they were teammates.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

wickedz50 wrote:
Yeah the media isn't helping. All this big talk about how Imola upgrade was internally called "SF24 v2.0" just piles unnecessary pressure on the team.

Personally I don't think Newey is joining. The team's just...unable to attract big names to be honest. Aston got Fallows, Cowell and are about to get Newey. MCL poached Marshall and Sanchez (from Ferrari, admittedly).

And Ferrari were turned down by Balbo, Wache and Newey. FV managed to secure Serra, but that's about it.

aleks_ader

I would say. This good for team. Now they can revise all engineering of this updates in peace.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

With all the money, facilities and brainpower, how is it possible not be able to build a competitive car?
Last edited by Autobahn303 on 08 Jul 2024, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

wickedz50
wickedz50

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 17:49
wickedz50 wrote:
Yeah the media isn't helping. All this big talk about how Imola upgrade was internally called "SF24 v2.0" just piles unnecessary pressure on the team.

Personally I don't think Newey is joining. The team's just...unable to attract big names to be honest. Aston got Fallows, Cowell and are about to get Newey. MCL poached Marshall and Sanchez (from Ferrari, admittedly).

And Ferrari were turned down by Balbo, Wache and Newey. FV managed to secure Serra, but that's about it.
Like this there is going to be no championship challenge in near future. May help sell road cars and end the era of Ferrari F1 fighting and winning F1 trophies.

KimiRai
KimiRai

wickedz50 wrote:
Motorsport.com says Newey can't make an official announcement until September due to an agreement with Red Bull, so we will have to wait for confirmation on which team he chose but probably there will be rumours in the meantime

ScuderiaLeo

Leclerc said directly in his interview that the team wasn't focusing on performance this weekend and they're just using it as data collection. Yeah, we can tell... #-o

https://f1ingenerale.com/notizie-formul ... nte-in-q2/

wickedz50
wickedz50

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 18:04
Leclerc said directly in his interview that the team wasn't focusing on performance this weekend and they're just using it as data collection. Yeah, we can tell... #-o

https://f1ingenerale.com/notizie-formul ... nte-in-q2/
Vey difficult to hide the smell of failure even when your best driver comes up with a lame excuse.

ScuderiaLeo

wickedz50 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 18:07
Vey difficult to hide the smell of failure even when your best driver comes up with a lame excuse.
The drivers ended their interviews with the usual "we'll see about the race, who knows" thing, but speaking frankly, we all know this season is ---ed, right?

Also I don't think Newey is coming to Ferrari. Only Italian sources have been reporting on it while every other organization has been saying AM. If he was actually considering SF I'd expect at least a few other organizations to have picked it up. Plus, speaking from common sense, why would he want to come here, the company has some internal issue they haven't fixed for over 17 years. At least with AM they're bringing in tons of new staff and starting from a "blank slate".

Xyz22
Xyz22

I was thinking that even with the Imola spec, we shouldn't be this behind.

What is going on here?

The goal for the race is finishing P6-P7 ahead of Hulk. No way they will keep up with the front runners.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Xyz22 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 18:37
I was thinking that even with the Imola spec, we shouldn't be this behind.

What is going on here?

The goal for the race is finishing P6-P7 ahead of Hulk. No way they will keep up with the front runners.
Nah, it's exactly where the Imola spec performs in cold conditions.