COVID-19 could affect more races this year.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
izzy
izzy

Re: COVID-19 could affect more races this year.

saviour stivala wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 14:51
"Only a few people seem to be carriers". who really know the numbers? estimates I read about are really worrying.
Britain on Sunday said its criticised plan to dial with Covit-19 virus was designed to ‘protect life’ in a ‘sustainable’ manner as it prepared to unveil “wartime style” measures to tackle the outbreak. The government has yet to implement the kind of tough measures that continental Europe has adopted, but health minister said Sunday it would announce emergency powers on Tuesday, which are expected to include a ban on mass gatherings. “We are absolutely ready to do that”. He told SKY NEWS, adding “The time is coming”.
yes now we're even being told not to report it, so who knows, but just going on official numbers it's not many, like 3 in Norfolk. It has to be more but how many more? And the thing is, how do we get it to die out? without waiting for several million vaccinations to be available in however many months time

So we have to go out when we have to go out, as far as i can see, but only when we need to and then trying not to touch too many things, not touch your face, and wash your hands when you get back

Anyway on F1 thank goodness for Lewis. i think he made a lot of difference, when everyone else was toeing the line. F1 could so easily have basically imported an enormous outbreak

Big Tea

izzy wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 15:26
saviour stivala wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 14:51
"Only a few people seem to be carriers". who really know the numbers? estimates I read about are really worrying.
Britain on Sunday said its criticised plan to dial with Covit-19 virus was designed to ‘protect life’ in a ‘sustainable’ manner as it prepared to unveil “wartime style” measures to tackle the outbreak. The government has yet to implement the kind of tough measures that continental Europe has adopted, but health minister said Sunday it would announce emergency powers on Tuesday, which are expected to include a ban on mass gatherings. “We are absolutely ready to do that”. He told SKY NEWS, adding “The time is coming”.
yes now we're even being told not to report it, so who knows, but just going on official numbers it's not many, like 3 in Norfolk. It has to be more but how many more? And the thing is, how do we get it to die out? without waiting for several million vaccinations to be available in however many months time

So we have to go out when we have to go out, as far as i can see, but only when we need to and then trying not to touch too many things, not touch your face, and wash your hands when you get back

Anyway on F1 thank goodness for Lewis. i think he made a lot of difference, when everyone else was toeing the line. F1 could so easily have basically imported an enormous outbreak
It has reached the stage now where numbers are not relevant unless for statistics.
On 'possible' self isolating until clear is worth a hundred false or unproven reports.
If anyone thinks they have it, isolate first and ask for medical assistance if it is needed. Most people will not need it.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AMG.Tzan

Britain's plans on coronavirus are going to destroy any plans of F1 continuing with the season...and any plans of EU and the rest of the world itself of reducing the infections! After all the most of the teams are based in UK so i don't see how they'll not get affected by that!

The rest of the world must ban anyone traveling from the UK right now...but that also means banning F1 teams from racing! It's sad that a country takes a decision as if they are alone in this planet...and what a decision that is! It might have huge implications everywhere if it get's out of control...and it will indeed get out of control!

Hopefully they'll change their plans in the coming weeks because otherwise i don't know what's coming ahead...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Big Tea

AMG.Tzan wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 16:21
Britain's plans on coronavirus are going to destroy any plans of F1 continuing with the season...and any plans of EU and the rest of the world itself of reducing the infections! After all the most of the teams are based in UK so i don't see how they'll not get affected by that!

The rest of the world must ban anyone traveling from the UK right now...but that also means banning F1 teams from racing! It's sad that a country takes a decision as if they are alone in this planet...and what a decision that is! It might have huge implications everywhere if it get's out of control...and it will indeed get out of control!

Hopefully they'll change their plans in the coming weeks because otherwise i don't know what's coming ahead...
I think you misunderstand the idea of UK's plan

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ction-plan

PlatinumZealot

Good.

Too late.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

nzjrs

Big Tea wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 16:22
AMG.Tzan wrote:

There is a certain amount of 'perception is reality' here, and from a position in central europe, the UK plan seems a crazy gamble.

Because it seems other nations are acting hard and as precautionary as possible, I expect this will blowback on the UK in ways that as the poster suggests, harms F1.

mmred
mmred

nzjrs wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 17:05
Big Tea wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

There is a certain amount of 'perception is reality' here, and from a position in central europe, the UK plan seems a crazy gamble.

Because it seems other nations are acting hard and as precautionary as possible, I expect this will blowback on the UK in ways that as the poster suggests, harms F1.
It s 28 days all over again

the EDGE
the EDGE

I’m genuinely interested..

Do those in Italy & Spain and other countries in lockdown think they will be allowed to lift the sanctions in a few weeks and everything will be fine and they can carry on like before?

Or do they think that when that happens the virus will just start to spread again and they will be back to square 1?

Big Tea

nzjrs wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

I see it a being realistic. You can not put a country into hard lockdown without a large paramilitary style police force prepared to take the unacceptable measures which would be needed to enforce it.

Everyone in the country will get the same level of (free) care and everyone is advised in the same way as residents of most other countries. China had a severe clampdown and it did little good as the horse had already bolted.
Had the stable door been closed before anyone infected came to UK it would be a different case, but that time is long gone.

The truth is no one really knows what is the best course of action, but a total lockdown did not work anywhere else and wil not work here.

Which deos not mean 'carry on as you were'

Big Tea

the EDGE wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 17:16

Do those in Italy & Spain and other countries in lockdown think they will be allowed to lift the sanctions in a few weeks and everything will be fine and they can carry on like before?

Or do they think that when that happens the virus will just start to spread again and they will be back to square 1?
The likelihood is that there wil be a second 'wave' of outbreaks as the country rejoins the world and re introduces the virus

mmred
mmred

the EDGE wrote:

The purpouse Is to not stress the healthcare system.

If the contagion Will slow down MayBe we Will go out with more Freedom
Last edited by mmred on 15 Mar 2020, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

mmred
mmred

Big Tea wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 17:20
nzjrs wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

I see it a being realistic. You can not put a country into hard lockdown without a large paramilitary style police force prepared to take the unacceptable measures which would be needed to enforce it.

Everyone in the country will get the same level of (free) care and everyone is advised in the same way as residents of most other countries. China had a severe clampdown and it did little good as the horse had already bolted.
Had the stable door been closed before anyone infected came to UK it would be a different case, but that time is long gone.

The truth is no one really knows what is the best course of action, but a total lockdown did not work anywhere else and wil not work here.

China stopped the disease. Numbers are now under control and measures are Tiny lighter
Last edited by mmred on 15 Mar 2020, 17:31, edited 2 times in total.

mmred
mmred

Big Tea wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 17:22
the EDGE wrote:

The likelihood is that there wil be a second 'wave' of outbreaks as the country rejoins the world and re introduces the virus
I Guess The lockdown Will take months so there wont be any second wave before vaccination

the EDGE
the EDGE

I personally believe we have 2 options

1/ the whole world goes into quarantine for a month... no work, no shopping including food - then maybe we could stop the virus dead in its tracks. This is unlikely to happen

Option 2 - business as usually but we protect the elderly and sick who seem most likely to require hospital treatment by putting them in quarantine, so hospitals are able to treat a smaller number of those who unexpectedly require treatment - More likely to be successful in my opinion

the EDGE
the EDGE

mmred wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 17:29
Big Tea wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 17:20
nzjrs wrote:

China stopped the disease. Numbers are now under control and measures are Tiny lighter
For how long?