2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AnotherAlex
AnotherAlex

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Teas

Xyz22 wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 10:41
Sphere3758 wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 05:39
CaribouBread wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 05:19

Sticking behind Stroll and burning his rear tyres being attacked by Hulkenberg of all people :lol: definitely played a role in the stop. They probably would've gone for some other tyre for the meantime if there hadn't been this misinterpretation (?) of the upcoming rain on Leclerc's side.

I call this a misinterpretation because Sainz was correctly told the immediate forecast rain will reduce in intensity at the same time Leclerc was being told the rain will increase in intensity.
So, what would have been the best strategy for Charles yesterday in hindsight?

He did have 2 new sets of softs. Things could have gotten very interesting if he had pit for softs for his first stop. He would have had so much more grip than the rest that I believe he could have easily made up for lost time and caused others to panic
Yeah, a pitstop for new softs would have been a great call, actually. In any event, Leclerc made a bad call but communication wasn't great. Of course he was going to pit after they said to him "heavy rain incoming". The issue is that the rain arrived 8 laps later :D

Still, it's not even the biggest issue. Ferrari was 0.6s off Mercedes in the first stint
Yes, definitely new softs, which probably would have allowed him to recoup the time lost in the pits before it was necessary to stop again for inters, but no driver would have gone for anything but intermediate tyres given what the team were telling him.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Just learnt that LeClerc has been lapped by the leading podium pack in 3 of the last 4 races.
Ouch.

Xyz22
Xyz22

venkyhere wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 12:13
Just learnt that LeClerc has been lapped by the leading podium pack in 3 of the last 4 races.
Ouch.
The 3 (4) stop strategy in Austria was another masterclass :D

dia6olo
dia6olo

Regarding the gaps to whatever car/s, they are irrelevant this weekend because of the conditions.
While the conditions are the same for everyone, we know the Ferrari in particular is terrible in cold mixed/wet conditions.
I think it's also fairly safe to say there is no way in hell the Mercedes is quicker than Red Bull & McLaren, yet Silverstone would have us believe such nonsense.

Regarding the current state of play, I feel that for various reasons, the last 2/3 race weekends have been very messy by Ferrari which I feel is making things look far worse than what they are.
Don't get me wrong, It is clear that since their upgrades coupled with others upgrades not all is well at Ferrari.

They seem to have lost their way and the ease with which that occurred is really disappointing.
However, I still have a feeling the current negative picture with Ferrari is exaggerated.
I guess weather permitting we'll know for sure over the next 2/3 outings...
Last edited by dia6olo on 08 Jul 2024, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Cardile announcement

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

When it rains it really pours huh... is he really leaving coz Aston paying huge money or Fred got tired of the downward slope

.Bole
.Bole

Vasseur yestrday said he is still part of Ferrari.
Today he leaves.

Team principal is now also TD and in charge of chasis, this way worse then under Binotto’s term.

We are waiting for Serra for year and half, while we let Cardille go within a month. Cardille who at the same time works on 2024,2025 and starts 2026 car.

This team is hitting the lowest point since 2020

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Interesting.
From the outside it looks like he was supposed to undergo gardening, but after the failed upgrades Vasseur went like "ah, who gives a f".

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

.Bole wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 14:35
Today he leaves.

Team principal is now also TD and in charge of chasis, this way worse then under Binotto’s term.

We are waiting for Serra for year and half, while we let Cardille go within a month. Cardille who at the same time works on 2024,2025 and starts 2026 car.

2023 was worse, this revisionism isn't great.

Xyz22
Xyz22

I'm very surprised by the supposed position Cardile will take in Aston Martin. I thought he was going to be TD there, replacing Fallows or something like that.

It doesn't seem a huge promotion actually, so i wonder what happened. Fred was not pleased with the results, maybe?

wickedz50
wickedz50

SoulPancake13 wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 14:48
.Bole wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 14:35
Today he leaves.

2023 was worse, this revisionism isn't great.
I think its a good opportunity for the second in line to EC and the team to pitch in here with whatever they have to get the car back to performance level. There is nothing much worse than what they have, I hope FV gives them the opportunity to rise up, give them the support and the confidence to work on a solution.
Rise from the Ashes team, this is the moment to do it.

franbatista123

Xyz22 wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:39
I'm very surprised by the supposed position Cardile will take in Aston Martin. I thought he was going to be TD there, replacing Fallows or something like that.

It doesn't seem a huge promotion actually, so i wonder what happened. Fred was not pleased with the results, maybe?
Could be something like Cardille needing "fresh air", he has been at Ferrari for so long that it might be that simple. However the timing is indeed very suspicious, not just of the announcement today but also when the rumours began a few weeks ago.

ScuderiaLeo

Fakepivot wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 05:32
any reason why Ferrari didn't look for an experienced race engineer? this was like his 6th race as race engineer, maybe he can improve, and I hope he improves.
Well, like you said yourself, it's only his 6th race. I know this is a notable blunder, but in other races they have had good communication and Bozzi has, overall, had better communication than Xavi. I think the growing pains are fine if it means they both gain experience.

Also, I work in communications IRL and the timing of the Cardille announcement is interesting. It feels like they're announcing it now, after this terrible triple header, to subtly show that they are getting rid of the internal actors who contributed to this year's downfall. Kind of like a way to gain trust back from fans, "see, the person who was in charge of this design is leaving anyway, don't worry!"

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:53
Fakepivot wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 05:32
any reason why Ferrari didn't look for an experienced race engineer? this was like his 6th race as race engineer, maybe he can improve, and I hope he improves.
Well, like you said yourself, it's only his 6th race. I know this is a notable blunder, but in other races they have had good communication and Bozzi has, overall, had better communication than Xavi. I think the growing pains are fine if it means they both gain experience.

Also, I work in communications IRL and the timing of the Cardille announcement is interesting. It feels like they're announcing it now, after this terrible triple header, to subtly show that they are getting rid of the internal actors who contributed to this year's downfall. Kind of like a way to gain trust back from fans, "see, the person who was in charge of this design is leaving anyway, don't worry!"
They did something similar-ish w Sanchez right? Either way, Cardile would have had his hands all over the 2025 car in all likelihood. Serra's first car will be the 2026 one - although I'm sure Serra has given Vasseur an idea or two at a coffee shop haha

MattLightBlue
MattLightBlue

It is not a bad thing that Vasseur takes the position ad interim imo. I have a feeling that td is lacking a long term plan and ambition, not brainpower. It could be a chance to raise the bar and set an example.