2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

First of all Hello again from me. Haven't written for some time.

In my opinion it's the first year back from 2013 I would say that we are delivering some results and that is doing a lot of laps, running consistent and the car seems to be able to be fast. Call me crazy but this year we might do a big step forward.

Question. What is the difference in time between tyres?

Xero

Norris out on C4s for the last 15 mins. Called it! :lol:

Darth-Piekus

Where do you people think the car stands after those first two test days?

BrunoH
BrunoH

third to 4 fastest...

Darth-Piekus

Are we able to compete with Red Bull or is there a possibility hoping for the updates to be able to compete with the first two?

BrunoH
BrunoH

i think redbull, is as far as mclaren can go for third/4 place

Darth-Piekus

Considering Red Bull won some races last year and they were very close in some other races are we able to do the same? What if we bring a whole new package till Melbourne that might close that possible gap to the front?

I must say that I feel positive for this year. Something good is being made.

RonDennis
RonDennis

It's far too early to tell. They could be anywhere from 4th till 9th. I wouldn't expect any miracles, things are simply looking much better, even if the pace isn't as good as they might have expected.
Last edited by RonDennis on 19 Feb 2019, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

Xero

I think 4th is a realistic target, still unsure of Red Bull's true pace. I think the midfield is as tight as ever though, going to be fascinating.

_cerber1

Excellent work Lando !!!

zoroastar

cautiously optimistic. but cant argue that so far they seem better than any of the last 4 years.

PhillipM
PhillipM

_cerber1 wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 19:05
Excellent work Lando !!!
And before we get another 'hur dur, glory run!' comment from someone - Mclaren were running tyre cameras and 3 camera's up top for a bit of promo filming that run, so it wasn't full attack mode.

Xero

I think what's been most promising is the speed traps, constantly up there as or with the fastest. There's a new floor getting bolted on for tomorrow, which suggests we're far from the car we'll see in Melbourne. Cautiously optimistic too.

PhillipM wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 19:14
And before we get another 'hur dur, glory run!' comment from someone - Mclaren were running tyre cameras and 3 camera's up top for a bit of promo filming that run, so it wasn't full attack mode.
That quick lap was I think the 8th of a quick/slow run too, so unfair to call it a glory run.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I'd like to be optimistic, i really do.

but for all the same, we have no idea what the rest of the field is doing and on how much they are operating - but i'm pretty sure they're not at 100% capacity.
so it remains really entirely a wild guess on what's gonna happen. only the teams themselves know what their programme is and what they're doing.

the only thing we can take from it is things like whether somebody is sporting some crazy gadget, which we aren't seeing (talking f-duct, double diffuser stuff).
additionally, we can see whether laptimes are reasonable, which they are, so it doesn't seem anybody is running a failed concept. also, everybody seems to be
having no actual reliability issues. remember honda with mclaren years ago?

the tight RB15 body with the honda engine isn't bringing any problems, so thats positive and thats more or less what we can get from all of this.

and offcourse williams missing from the scene, showing their bad shape.

so it's to be expected that there will be minimal movement across the field in regards to the end of 2018 on grid position,
with the exemption of Mclaren, which is more or less the only team that's sporting a different direction compared to 2018 and seems to be doing okay.
then again, they seemed to be doing okay last year too, during testing, so it remains the same; we won't see untill melbourne where the teams really are.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Mikey05021984
Mikey05021984

Does anyone know what was our fastest time in winter testing 2018?
And also our Qualifying time in the GP 2018?