Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
F1.Ru

Re: Ferrari F2012

Now it seems Ferrari has again reverted to the old rear wing grill concept i.e. grill slightly bent in the lower direction. Because in FP2 they [atleast alonso] tried it out but after that in FP3 they again ran with the horizontal grill. What happen who knows.................... RBR8 seems to be going out of reach..........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :(

And another interesting things is the reverting back to or should i say using a little bit Mecca type engine cover, which they tried several time but never raced like the FW.....
Last edited by Richard on 27 Oct 2012, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

jonaliew
jonaliew

What I don't get is the reversion to the old RW. I thought yesterday after FP2, the new RW + FW seemed to give the most promise. Although Alonso had to wrestle the car a bit more. But maybe their calculation suggestions that new FW and old RW is a better package in terms of DF + aerodynamics, etc.

Although it is good to know that we are faster in terms of speed than the RB. I just hope we can catch up. that Alo beats the two McClaren's and will have time to catch up w Vettel.

diffuser

http://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/enlarge/1 ... ind987.jpg

http://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/enlarge/1 ... ind987.jpg

I had never noticed how that flap furthest back (closest to the front wheel) and closest to the end plate had an over under (bridge/hollow aspect I guess that would make it the 5th tier on the lower wing.

alogoc
alogoc

it seems new FW has solved drag problems!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

wesley123
wesley123

alogoc wrote:it seems new FW has solved drag problems!
how so?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

alogoc
alogoc

wesley123 wrote:
how so?
did you watch the race?
THE F2012!

wesley123
wesley123

alogoc wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
how so?
did you watch the race?
Nope, I dont watch F1 anymore.

And it has nothing to do with or with not watching the race. I am asking this question because you, once again, just jump to conclusions without anything to back it up. That is why I am asking; How did the new FW fix the drag problems?(did they even have any in the first place?)

alogoc
alogoc

is just that in Barcelona this year they were 18km/h slower than Williams when passing the start/finish line and in India they were one of the fastest car that's it!
THE F2012!

wesley123
wesley123

And that is because of a front wing? Are you serious?

It sure couldnt be that Ferrari had different gearing, or different bodywork around or a different setup as a whole :?

alogoc
alogoc

wesley123 wrote:And that is because of a front wing? Are you serious?

It sure couldnt be that Ferrari had different gearing, or different bodywork around or a different setup as a whole :?
no it was the FW endplates better directing the air around the car!
THE F2012!

adam2003
adam2003

alogoc wrote:

You need to lay of the strong cheese at night :)

raymondu999

alogoc wrote:

Mate, you simply cannot definitively isolate it as the effect of the front wing.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

alogoc wrote:is just that in Barcelona this year they were 18km/h slower than Williams when passing the start/finish line and in India they were one of the fastest car that's it!
They were not 18kmph slower (I believe that is based on some erroneous information from Spanish TV). The drag problems were solved around Hockenheim time.

jonaliew
jonaliew

alogoc wrote:is just that in Barcelona this year they were 18km/h slower than Williams when passing the start/finish line and in India they were one of the fastest car that's it!
Unless you are a ferrari engineer sitting in the pitwall every race, I don't think you can isolate it to the FW to say we solved our drag problems. i.e Today our faster straight-line speed compared to RB could have been a combination of a few parts including the new FW and better 7th gear ratios.

amouzouris

To test a new radiator layout and sidepods with a different exhaust, it takes teams the first 1 or 2 days in preseason testing...and they are just gonna introduce them on a Friday?