2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
.Bole
.Bole

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

RacePaceDemon wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 17:20
jambuka wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 17:18
Common LEC. Why do u make so many mistakes ?
I feel bad for him but it was unnecessary to push that hard in practice. He has also shown the world Ferraris new floor which rivals might take design cues from
Cause we are top team and other can get something from copying us lmao

jambuka
jambuka

RacePaceDemon wrote:
jambuka wrote:
I feel bad for him but it was unnecessary to push that hard in practice. He has also shown the world Ferraris new floor which rivals might take design cues from
Yeah there’s always something or other going on with him. One weekend where car is looking good, make no mistakes and Maximize points, but no. It’s becoming frustrating now.

RacePaceDemon

.Bole wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 17:24
RacePaceDemon wrote:
jambuka wrote:
Cause we are top team and other can get something from copying us lmao
Even newey inspects cars like the Williams for design cues! And I'm sure a team like kick sauber would pay a huge amount of money to even have the CAD file of the floor
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

man not sure why he was pushing soo much.. but it will be funny how some of his ultra fans will put the blame on ferrari :D

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

It is a shame. I dont even remember the last time someone like Max damaged his car to this extent, especially in a practice session. If Charles wants to be held up as a comparison, these mistakes are inexcusable.

dialtone
dialtone

Frustrating error but everyone goes wide in that corner. The kerb is setup to bump hard.

Xyz22
Xyz22

From what i'm seeing, getting a top 5 in quali will be once again extremely difficult.

This season looks the exact same as last year, just reversed.

edu2703
edu2703

We're not even halfway through the season yet and Leclerc has already made me regret to ever rating him so high, to the point of calling him WDC material.

I've never seen a driver make so many mistakes in a season. Not even Mazepin or Latifi and we're still halfway through the season. Unlike these drivers, Leclerc has a big troop to excuse him from these mistakes, always placing the blame on the team. 'Curse', 'team sabotage', 'pushing too hard' are always the classic excuses for bad driving.

SpecialOps
SpecialOps

Xyz22 wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 17:46
From what i'm seeing, getting a top 5 in quali will be once again extremely difficult.

This season looks the exact same as last year, just reversed.
What have you seen? The car is quick over one lap from what I’ve seen.

dialtone
dialtone

edu2703 wrote:We're not even halfway through the season yet and Leclerc has already made me regret to ever rating him so high, to the point of calling him WDC material.

I've never seen a driver make so many mistakes in a season. Not even Mazepin or Latifi and we're still halfway through the season. Unlike these drivers, Leclerc has a big troop to excuse him from these mistakes, always placing the blame on the team. 'Curse', 'team sabotage', 'pushing too hard' are always the classic excuses for bad driving.
I don’t think people saying pushed too hard are excusing the driving honestly. This is an unforced error, we also don’t know what exactly he’s asking the car setup to be, which can contribute, but it’s still an error.

RacePaceDemon

I said he drove too hard and that's completely on him and it's his fault. Ferrari have no blame here and it's hurting them as they can't collect data and test setups.
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

JPower
JPower

Sainz looking pretty comfortable. Similar times to Hamilton on the medium long run from what I saw.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Perez is quick this weekend. RB and McLaren are miles faster.

We have to wait and see what Piastri will do. Mercedes could struggle less if the temperature drop.

This is not looking good at all.

Race trim simulation was not good. Only Piastri did worse :D

.Bole
.Bole

edu2703 wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 17:47
We're not even halfway through the season yet and Leclerc has already made me regret to ever rating him so high, to the point of calling him WDC material.

Apart from this mistake in FP and maybe mistake in Austria quali? What other mistakes are worth noting here?

Be aware also Max had some mistakes that are worth mentioning in FPs and quali

Chaoz
Chaoz

.Bole wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 18:12
edu2703 wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 17:47

Apart from this mistake in FP and maybe mistake in Austria quali? What other mistakes are worth noting here?

Be aware also Max had some mistakes that are worth mentioning in FPs and quali
I remember him spinning in Miami after like 5 minutes and his session was over. It was also a sprint weekend. It had no real influence on the end result, but nevertheless something like that can't happen to any F1 driver.

Leclerc was at a peak driving the first half of 2022. The auto was good, he was so good. But since than he completely fell apart.
At this point I really doubt if Leclerc will ever be able to fight for a world championship, thinking that he has to be consistent in like 20 from 24 races.

And the worst about this, that Sainz looks simply faster for the last couple of Grand Prix. The asset that Leclerc always had was his speed.