2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

yooogurt wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:00
dialtone wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 16:55
did Ferrari not have enough hards?
Only Merc has 2 hard
Then probably they tried to cover the poor S3 performance of the car, I think the strategy was forced on them by the current state of the car perhaps.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

LM10 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 16:59
Clearly a much more balanced car now with the porpoising being under control. Terrific job from the team to solve this issue in such a short time. Now they can focus on bringing performance again.
Hopefully without resorting to lowering the tunnel roof even more.

yooogurt

ferrarifire wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 16:51
Lecrec had 2 laps younger tire than max and 7 laps to Hamilton..so easily he could ve extended the 2nd stint by another 4 laps...irrespective of it, 4th is the best possible...ferrari got lucky with vertaspan..now they can defend their strategy..
How do you imagine overtaking Max when he couldnt get Lewis on fresher ones? And there would be essentially tire parity here.
Literally nothing to lose by risking an early second pit, and there nothing to win by extended the last pit.
FORZA FERRARI!

ferrarifire
ferrarifire

Not Max but for sure Levi's with younger medium tire..without Max accident , ferrari would be scoring 5th and 6th...instead of 4th..
yooogurt wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:04
ferrarifire wrote:
Lecrec had 2 laps younger tire than max and 7 laps to Hamilton..so easily he could ve extended the 2nd stint by another 4 laps...irrespective of it, 4th is the best possible...ferrari got lucky with vertaspan..now they can defend their strategy..
How do you imagine overtaking Max when he couldnt get Lewis on fresher ones? And there would be essentially tire parity here.
Literally nothing to lose by risking an early second pit, and there nothing to win by extended the last pit.

yooogurt

ferrarifire wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:10
He could not ve overtaken Max but for sure Levi's with younger medium tire..without Max accident , ferrari would be scoring 5th and 6th...instead of 4th..
Man, i see how Max do that with younger medium tyre "for sure" (and with younger hard too on second stint).
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

By the way the car is still super slow.

MattLightBlue
MattLightBlue

Xyz22 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:00
ferrarifire wrote:
Lecrec had 2 laps younger tire than max and 7 laps to Hamilton..so easily he could ve extended the 2nd stint by another 4 laps...irrespective of it , 4th is the best possible...ferrari got lucky with vertaspan..now they can defend their strategy..
yooogurt wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 16:37

Not an option to overtake Lewis on the track, watch Max, the only chance is through overcut or better yet pit.
What would have changed without that early pitstop? Charles was also behind Ham and Max. So the risk was well worth it, but unlucky Merc was responded.
Correct. It was only due to luck they finished P4.
With a good strategy P3 was possible but they --- up, as usual.
The only way they could have ended p3 was having 2 hards for the race. I think even Ferrari is surprised with their pace on hards today. Let’s hope this unexpected blessing helps their development giving them useful data.

yooogurt

MattLightBlue wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:28
The only way they could have ended p3 was having 2 hards for the race. I think even Ferrari is surprised with their pace on hards today. Let’s hope this unexpected blessing helps their development giving them useful data.
For the only chance of a podium, you have to qualify better.
On the last stint, I think Charles over-attacked at the beginning in an attempt to overtake Lewis and killed the tyres.
+ maybe the Imola situation happened, when Ferrari was also fastest in the middle of the race, but fell off at the end.
FORZA FERRARI!

MattLightBlue
MattLightBlue

yooogurt wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:35
MattLightBlue wrote:
On the last stint, I think Charles over-attacked at the beginning in an attempt to overtake Lewis and killed the tyres.
+ maybe the Imola situation happened, when Ferrari was also fastest in the middle of the race, but fell off at the end.
They will not get better in quali at least until next big upgrade. By the way, all cars seem to be much closer in quali pace than last year, while it is the opposite in qualifying. This is very interesting imo, it’s like McLaren is generating load in a different way (their performance on low fuel stints is stellar as well).

ScuderiaLeo

Leclerc interview: I think we had the pace for a podium today, but overtaking here is very difficult. Out of the car I started wondering, what if I stayed out with Max, I would have had better pace in the end. But that’s a lot of what ifs, and in the end we did a good job managing.

We are experiencing a few issues with the car, and right now we don’t have anything in the car that can work as a solution to mitigate it. So I’m sorry to say that we will have to wait a little longer…

Sevach
Sevach

yooogurt wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:35
MattLightBlue wrote:
Sainz qualified in front of Hamilton and Leclerc probably would as well if he had a proper 2nd attempt.
To race the Mclarens there's a big gap.

Xyz22
Xyz22

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:41
Leclerc interview: I think we had the pace for a podium today, but overtaking here is very difficult. Out of the car I started wondering, what if I stayed out with Max, I would have had better pace in the end. But that’s a lot of what ifs, and in the end we did a good job managing.

We are experiencing a few issues with the car, and right now we don’t have anything in the car that can work as a solution to mitigate it. So I’m sorry to say that we will have to wait a little longer…
Rip

yooogurt

Sevach wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:50
Sainz qualified in front of Hamilton and Leclerc probably would as well if he had a proper 2nd attempt.
To race the Mclarens there's a big gap.
But Charles had only 1 fresh set of tyres for q3, no 2nd attempt for him.
FORZA FERRARI!

ScuderiaLeo

Xyz22 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:55
Rip
At least it was honest :lol:

But I think we should all prepare ourselves to be less happy next weekend...

f1316
f1316

The pace was actually ok today - there or thereabouts with Red Bull and Mercedes. It’s not where we want to be because McLaren were out of touch but it’s a lot better than the last few races.

The other thing that seems clear to me is that Red Bull don’t understand how to add more performance to their car either - they have gone backwards relatively in a similar way to Ferrari this year. That doesn’t make our performance better but it does show how hard it is (and possibly why any team should give Adrien Newley absolutely anything he wants…).