2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Juzh

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Traction wrote:While I still think the team orders are retarded and Vettel as a 3 times champion should not play second fiddle to webber who has done nothing for RB in the way of titles Vettel has admitted that he was in the wrong and apologized ..

Sebastian Vettel, 1st: “I messed up today. I would love to come up with a nice excuse as to why I did it, but I can’t. I can understand Mark’s frustration and the team not being happy with what I did today; I owe an explanation to him and the whole team. I will try to explain to them later. We talk about this situation happening many times and what we will do if and when it happens and normally it doesn’t, but today it did and I should have translated the call into action. I got the call and I ignored it. Mark and I are used to fighting each other when we’re close, but with the tyres how they are now, and not knowing how long they will last, it was an extremely big risk to ignore the call to stay second. We could have ended up finishing eighth or ninth after destroying the tyres in those two laps; I put myself above a team decision, which was wrong. I didn’t mean to and I apologise. I’m not happy I’ve won, I made a mistake and if I could undo it I would. It’s not easy right now and I owe apologies to Mark and the team.”
Although I think he has nothing to apologize for, this is still a nice statement from him.

Bomber_Pilot

Raptor22 wrote:The race where the faster car won...
After the other car was told to go into cruise mode

Joie de vivre

Just imagine Vettel winning this years title by less than 7 points. Selfish sob.

Who doesn't remembers Prost's title won in Suzuka? We all do!

piast9
piast9

In my opinion the conclusion from this race is simple: if you don't want to have so gloomy and tense podiums after the race the team orders have to be banned again. I understand the team's attitude but they spoil the show.

Raptor22
Raptor22

it was caught before it was in cruise mode.

The #2 car also intentionally backed its team mate up into the Mercedes cars which would have caused the #1 car to use its tyres up.
Seems this Webber is a real piece of ****.
can't handle it when he gets beaten and certainly can;t handle it when his team mate ignores team orders as Webber had done in the past.

Yes Mr Horner; remember those other occasions. Seems Horner and Newey tried to engineer an english speaking driver win on his 200 th GP. Seems like match fixing to me....

Seems Horner never speaks out against Webber's "taking into his own hands" events

Kiril Varbanov

Here's what MW thinks about this whole thing:

Raptor22
Raptor22

He should look in the mirror while doing that

enckboaz
enckboaz

Traction wrote:While I still think the team orders are retarded and Vettel as a 3 times champion should not play second fiddle to webber who has done nothing for RB in the way of titles Vettel has admitted that he was in the wrong and apologized ..

Sebastian Vettel, 1st: “I messed up today. I would love to come up with a nice excuse as to why I did it, but I can’t. I can understand Mark’s frustration and the team not being happy with what I did today; I owe an explanation to him and the whole team. I will try to explain to them later. We talk about this situation happening many times and what we will do if and when it happens and normally it doesn’t, but today it did and I should have translated the call into action. I got the call and I ignored it. Mark and I are used to fighting each other when we’re close, but with the tyres how they are now, and not knowing how long they will last, it was an extremely big risk to ignore the call to stay second. We could have ended up finishing eighth or ninth after destroying the tyres in those two laps; I put myself above a team decision, which was wrong. I didn’t mean to and I apologise. I’m not happy I’ve won, I made a mistake and if I could undo it I would. It’s not easy right now and I owe apologies to Mark and the team.”
You cleverly forgot the part in wich he says he doesn't know about the strategy and find out everything just before the podium...
:D
" iwasnt aware of this thing otrìherwise i wouldnt take so much risk to pass someone i was not suppose to pass in that moment" and then he says that after the race he was shocked .... Hilarious
for me he is just a liar.

MWcrazyhorse
MWcrazyhorse

Juzh wrote:

Although I think he has nothing to apologize for, this is still a nice statement from him.
I agree fully. He raced till the end (which I applaud). He was truthful about it to the end. He apologised. The rest is for the two and the team to discuss. Personally I am hoping they rethink the whole team order thing.
Case closed pretty much.

enckboaz
enckboaz

MWcrazyhorse wrote:
Juzh wrote:

I agree fully. He raced till the end (which I applaud). He was truthful about it to the end. He apologised. The rest is for the two and the team to discuss. Personally I am hoping they rethink the whole team order thing.
Case closed pretty much.
listen carefully:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JgUMH8Nj2M

myurr
myurr

MWcrazyhorse wrote:I agree fully. He raced till the end (which I applaud). He was truthful about it to the end. He apologised. The rest is for the two and the team to discuss. Personally I am hoping they rethink the whole team order thing.
Case closed pretty much.
Seriously, he was not truthful to the end. He was a liar and lied to your face in an interview on live TV. He's now read out a PR statement drafted by the team which corrects that lie. That is, by definition, the opposite of being truthful about it to the end. If you'd said he was truthful about it in the end then you would have been closer to the truth. But that doesn't fit your agenda.

myurr
myurr

Raptor22 wrote:it was caught before it was in cruise mode.

The #2 car also intentionally backed its team mate up into the Mercedes cars which would have caused the #1 car to use its tyres up.
can't handle it when he gets beaten and certainly can;t handle it when his team mate ignores team orders as Webber had done in the past.

Yes Mr Horner; remember those other occasions. Seems Horner and Newey tried to engineer an english speaking driver win on his 200 th GP. Seems like match fixing to me....

Seems Horner never speaks out against Webber's "taking into his own hands" events
That is a total work of fiction. The #2 car was driving to a time delta set out by the team, and then extended his gap when instructed to do so. Vettel couldn't keep up. The team then gave Vettel the option of pitting first which was the only reason he caught up with Webber in the first place.

Vettel has had the results fixed for him numerous times previously, even asking for it in this very race. The one time the boot is on the other foot and he acts like a spoilt child, lies about it, is forced to apologise admitting he's wrong, and then still has his "fans" defend him for his exemplary behaviour. I simply love the way you're trying to claim the entire team is against him, when the reality of the last three years is the utter opposite. Must be fun living in your world...

Bomber_Pilot

Raptor22 wrote:it was caught before it was in cruise mode.

Yes he was caught. Would he had been overtaken if he drove as fast as he could after that... probably not.
As for intentionally slowing down Vettel - are you serious? Do you have something to back up that statement? And calling a driver a piece of ****... no comment. Really classy

langwadt
langwadt

piast9 wrote:In my opinion the conclusion from this race is simple: if you don't want to have so gloomy and tense podiums after the race the team orders have to be banned again. I understand the team's attitude but they spoil the show.
a ban on team orders is virtually impossible to enforce, and it wouldn't change anything. The teams would still agree before the race, like they do now, that after the last pitstop they hold positions

Seb got a bit greedy at the end and ignored team instructions, he wants to win like they all do
What I don't understand is why he didn't man up and and said - I'm sorry Mark i got carried away and stole that win,
that wasn't fair I owe you one
instead he started inventing excuses like "I didn't do it on purpose", how can overtaking your teammate after being to hold position and save car and tires not be on purpose?

SilverArrow10

Rosberg the sly devil. I have just had a revelation. The first set of Radio messages were just after Rosberg tryed and failed to overtake Hamilton on his own asking the team to move him out of the way, very similar with Vettel earlier on in the race. The team refused and told him to hold station. All this time I thought Rosberg was the victim in that battle but really he might not be. Rosberg derserved third place as did Hamilton but could he have got the podium on his own?
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle