2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

I guess Lando was due a dnf this season but its sad to see it happen this way. There's not much to learn about racing Max except that you dont race him at all. At least not fairly.

Onto Silverstone now. Mercedes is closing in from behind so they can't afford to give neither Ferrari nor Mercedes freebies like these.

I really was hoping Oscar would have had slightly better pace today. Could have had his first win if he did.

genarro
genarro

CjC wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:48
genarro wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:41
CjC wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:33

Language mate, surely you could have thought of a better word to use no matter how frustrated you are.

They gave Verstappen a 10 second penalty fyi.
Whats more to say... Just calmed myself down and went to watch the replay... Max's driving is a disgrace... An absolute disgrace... At the turn he saw that Lando is alongside him and he pushed him basically of the track. His mentality is no pass or crash. What a jome of a driver. He has done these thing sooo many times in his career.

Forza McLaren and forza Lando.. Congrats to Oscar
I know, I know, I totally agree with you about Max it’s just the language call him a runt…. We still know what you mean :wink:

I feel Mclaren will end up being more hard done to than Red Bull.
We all heard Horner and crew defending Max over the radio at the end there. They’ll manipulate it so Lando ends up apologising to Max…… #-o
I cant see this in a million years.. Zak will be very vocal about Maxs dirtines... And can we start a petition to fire everyone in the FIA for their sheer incompetence? Would be a fitting way to resolve racing...

SilviuAgo

Silent Storm wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:51
Checked Lando's onboard and they did wait 5 seconds so no penalty for Silverstone.
Great. We lost today a race but we won a winning team. Well done to Andrea and to all the guys and girls at McLaren.

🗣️ Lando Norris: “Disappointed. Nothing more to say. I looked forward to a strong, fair battle and it wasn't.
It was a mistake free race. You aren't allowed to move with a driver behind. He destroyed my race as his.”

🗣️ Lando Norris: “If the rules aren’t followed there’s nothing I can do about that.
If he [Max] says he hasn’t done anything wrong then I lose a lot of respect for him.”😬

genarro
genarro

SilviuAgo wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:58
Silent Storm wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:51
Checked Lando's onboard and they did wait 5 seconds so no penalty for Silverstone.
Great. We may lost today a race but we won a winning team. Well done to Andrea and to all the guys and girls at McLaren.

🗣️ Lando Norris: “Disappointed. Nothing more to say. I looked forward to a strong, fair battle and it wasn't.
It was a mistake free race. You aren't allowed to move with a driver behind. He destroyed my race as his.”

🗣️ Lando Norris: “If the rules aren’t followed there’s nothing I can do about that.
If he [Max] says he hasn’t done anything nothing wrong then I lose a lot of respect for him.”😬
Amen to that.. Was never a Max fan but now i am a certified hater... Hope for him it was worth his friendship with Lando for this...

bauc

VER is a sore looser, he cant accept loosing in a fair fight, he brakes under braking, he is pushing people left and right, he is not capable of a fair wheel to wheel fight, proven over and over again. Biggest fault here is FIA & the stewards, what a joke of a organization, they were waiting for the incident to happen so they can apply the penalties, what a joke, like SAI said last race, why do we have a rulebook if we don't follow it?!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Emag
Emag

It just makes no sense. He is the only high caliber driver that does this. Waits for you to make a move and either squeezes you off or completely runs you off the track.

That's not how you race anyone. A shame really. I thought he had matured from 2021 but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Unless FIA gets more strict about moving under braking, he will continue to do this.

bauc

Emag wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:05
It just makes no sense. He is the only high caliber driver that does this. Waits for you to make a move and either squeezes you off or completely runs you off the track.

That's not how you race anyone. A shame really. I thought he had matured from 2021 but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Unless FIA gets more strict about moving under braking, he will continue to do this.
He has been doing this since day1 of his carrier, this must STOP :!:

Luscion
Luscion

Stellla -
“The problem is that if you don’t address these things honestly, they will come back. They have come back today because they were not addressed properly in the past where there were fights with Lewis that needed to be punished in a harsher way.”

Seerix
Seerix

Great race by Lando and Oscar as well.
I hope Lando will not move over for Max in the future either. If Max wants to crash, let him crash. Sore loser.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Luscion wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:13
Stellla -
“The problem is that if you don’t address these things honestly, they will come back. They have come back today because they were not addressed properly in the past where there were fights with Lewis that needed to be punished in a harsher way.”
LET'S GO ANDREA!
I hope Lando's reactions are cool and calm but Andrea and Zak bury Max and Christian

SilviuAgo

Macklaren wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:17
Luscion wrote:
Stellla -
LET'S GO ANDREA!
I hope Lando's reactions are cool and calm but Andrea and Zak bury Max and Christian
🎙 Andrea Stella's words about the incident:
"The entire population of the world can see whose at fault apart from one group of people"

🗣️ Lando: "Will the friendship between Max and me end? I don't know, it will depend on him and how he explains:
"If he claims to be right it will be over, if he admits that he did something stupid then I will understand."
[Sky Sports Italy]

Emag
Emag

Plenty of positives to take at least. Mercedes and Ferrari were nowhere near Lando and Max. And the car keeps showing great pace towards the end of the race, it has become a trend now since Imola.

bauc

Luscion wrote:
Stellla -
Еxactly, F U C K FIA!

bauc

bauc wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:19
Luscion wrote:
Stellla -
Еxactly, F U C K FIA!

And what about the unsafe relese? What about the bougs penalty yesterday against PIA?

Dimond
Dimond

In fact, this crash was to Max's advantage, as his lead over the second place driver in WDC only increased