2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
search

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Leclerc has both, two new hards as well as two new mediums, but going by Vasseur's comments, M-H-H looks likely to be Ferrari's preferred choice indeed:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... dyqXFi5KRk

Norris had the option to keep the same selections as well, btw, but McLaren must have been afraid of the sun to pop up for quali.

Space-heat
Space-heat

search wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 22:36
Leclerc has both, two new hards as well as two new mediums, but going by Vasseur's comments, M-H-H looks likely to be Ferrari's preferred choice indeed:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... dyqXFi5KRk

Norris had the option to keep the same selections as well, btw, but McLaren must have been afraid of the sun to pop up for quali.

FDD
FDD

Vanja #66 wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 20:29
Look at that, as soon as Ferrari solved their issues and stopped experimenting with Leclerc, they are competitive again

Can we have normal discussion back in this thread again, and leave the doom and gloom bullshlt out? Thanks

Too bad that Sainz had tyre issues in the last run, a double podium would have been on the cards tomorrow. Just hoping he and Piastri avoid each other in T1
My opinion is that experimenting with CL was investment in problems solving and further development.
CS is not on CL level to bring the car at the very limit and to "draw" clear picture to the eng. in order to choose the right path of development. So I think that was an excellent move and I hope that first results we'll see in 2nd or 3rd race after the summer brake. Most probably Ferrari's biggest problem is lacking the floor efficiency in generating enough DF in respect to RB and McL and porpoising just worsened the situation even more, your view on this?

MichaelFerrari

Vanja #66 wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 20:29
Look at that, as soon as Ferrari solved their issues and stopped experimenting with Leclerc, they are competitive again

Can we have normal discussion back in this thread again, and leave the doom and gloom bullshlt out? Thanks

Too bad that Sainz had tyre issues in the last run, a double podium would have been on the cards tomorrow. Just hoping he and Piastri avoid each other in T1
What are you even talking about? Are you being sarcastic maybe?
Because, fyi, Charles ended up
6 SIX tenths behind Max, so basically a freakin' eternity behind....
Tomorrow's race will be painful to watch, the free fall in the classification 😒🙄

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

i don't anyone here expect Ferrari to keep the lead, even the Charles admitted that.. just enjoy the race, i hope there are overtakes and spicy coms like last race :D

Vanja #66

FDD wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 01:30
My opinion is that experimenting with CL was investment in problems solving and further development.
CS is not on CL level to bring the car at the very limit and to "draw" clear picture to the eng. in order to choose the right path of development. So I think that was an excellent move and I hope that first results we'll see in 2nd or 3rd race after the summer brake. Most probably Ferrari's biggest problem is lacking the floor efficiency in generating enough DF in respect to RB and McL and porpoising just worsened the situation even more, your view on this?
I think having Leclerc experiment with setup was more due to the fact that Sainz is leaving and they can't really have him learn some critical new stuff and take it to another team in a few months. On the other hand, Mercedes was experimenting more with Hamilton and he's leaving, so who knows...

Since Miami, Ferrari floor is slightly behind both RB and McLaren indeed. Barcelona floor was likely equal to those two teams, but due to inappropriate suspension and aero interaction they suffered from bouncing in corners. I don't think their suspension is flawed beyond repair, but it's not an easy thing to keep many different suspension parameters within limits and also keep tyres working within limits. A different floor might cause different amplitude and frequency of bouncing and you need to do review damper, spring and ARB settings completely because of that.

They lost a lot of time with SF23 and they are catching up, but it takes time. I think their overall development deficit is now cut from 6+ to 2-3 months behind RB and McLaren. We can see with RB that having a car with limited development potential is a big problem in a season
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

I am still quietly optimistic for the race, if Leclerc manages to stay in the top 3 by the end of the first stint on the mediums. Ferrari was very fast on the hards in Hungary and the deficiences of the car seem to get masked on the harder compounds.

The 2 hards compared to Max and Sergio is a big advantage, we just need an incident free race

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

Sphere3758 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 12:23
I am still quietly optimistic for the race, if Leclerc manages to stay in the top 3 by the end of the first stint on the mediums. Ferrari was very fast on the hards in Hungary and the deficiences of the car seem to get masked on the harder compounds.

The 2 hards compared to Max and Sergio is a big advantage, we just need an incident free race
And I think it will be hard for Max to pass the McLarens. Especially Norris.

dani5549
dani5549

Charles has tyre advantage doesn't he? Can he pit in lap 29-30 for new mediums?

JPower
JPower

Leclerc is dropping back into Max and Lando's hands. Hope he holds on.

Schippke
Schippke

I think Charles radio comment earlier in the race was right… probably should’ve stayed out for a few more laps on the Mediums, then try the 1-Stop as Russell proved, and I have no doubt Charles could’ve managed too.

But yes, hindsight is a pain… Looks like it’ll be a P6 and P7, somewhat expected for the 4th quickest car.

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

Wow, what a race.

ScuderiaLeo

It's going to go under the radar with the Mercedes/Piastri P1 battle, but holy --- Leclerc did some INCREDIBLE defending in those last few laps.

JPower
JPower

Good defense by Leclerc. I think that was about the maximum for both cars.

Hats off to Russell. Really coming into his own now.

politburo
politburo

The lack of aggression in strategy continues. Just like Hungary it was longest 1st stint, shortest 2nd stint then have to tyre-manage in the 3rd stint while all others are pushing hard.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"