2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

That was increadible race, man F1 is soo good now :D even tho we din't win hats off to merc amazing strats and also great pace on there car, Leclerc drove really well, maximized the car.. did anyone notice the bouncing increased as the fuel become less and less towards the end? like the start and the middle stint i din't notice much bouncing but towards the end it was really noticeable..

yooogurt

Well the last stint was expectedly bad, but overall a good race, that Charles held off Max and Lando was a shock.
Yes, on the first two stints there was hope, but empty fuel with bouncing said hello.
Now waiting for Zandvoort and the little updates and then the big ones at Monza and Singapore, and hoping
FORZA FERRARI!

ptmonkey
ptmonkey

politburo wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:28
The lack of aggression in strategy continues. Just like Hungary it was longest 1st stint, shortest 2nd stint then have to tyre-manage in the 3rd stint while all others are pushing hard.
I think they were risking by pitting leclerc early and try to undercut. But with such a gap before the stop it seemed like 0 chance reward risk

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

Good job from the team, maximized everything and Leclerc drove really well to hold that 2nd position for that long.

Schippke
Schippke

Nice work for Leclerc for keeping Max behind, though I think that’s down to the bigger rear wing Red Bull was running that made things harder for them to get past.

I still think there was a chance Charles could’ve pulled off this one stop as well, and might’ve ended up on the podium… but still, that’s the maximum we could’ve hoped for.

politburo
politburo

ptmonkey wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:31
I think they were risking by pitting leclerc early and try to undercut. But with such a gap before the stop it seemed like 0 chance reward risk
Agreed, it was tough to judge. But I just wish we could run our race sometimes, especially since we were realistically fighting for 3rd anyways in the end.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Pace on low fuel was awful with the bouncing. We were lucky for wet qualy otherwise it would have been a nightmare

dialtone
dialtone

Overall pace was fine. Race was supposed to be a disaster given the high speed corners and such but ultimately the first 2 stints were totally fine and on pace, the 3rd stint with lighter car that could go faster it started bouncing and dropped off a cliff otherwise 2nd/3rd was in the cards, but still only finished 7s off the winner given the performance in some of the previous races is encouraging. If they get rid of that little bouncing left and can put together a decent update, maybe one with more plastic in the front wing, they are in it for some fun.

.Bole
.Bole

Wtf was that with that early pitstop for leclerc and also that sainz 2nd stop

ScuderiaLeo

The pace got so much worse over the course of the race. The SF-24 crumbles when it's on low fuel, the complete opposite of Mercedes.

Really sad that Leclerc couldn't get a podium here but I think he drove his best race possible. Yes Verstappen had poor DRS speed but the RB20 and MCL38 are still much faster than the SF-24, Leclerc keeping them behind was extremely impressive. Aside from a few trips outside the lines, Sainz also drove well, especially in the first stint.

I hope we'll see improvements after the break.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Watching the race made me very sad.

This year, RB was vulnerable and we --- up the upgrade plan. Not great.

Leclerc again very harsh on Canal + interview, saying the pace was extremely disappointing and they did the best they could with a car that "is not there".

JPower
JPower

Looks like Leclerc will pickup a podium after all.

ScuderiaLeo

Russell getting DSQed... Leclerc inheriting a podium?

The car might've been slower but he deserved this just for keeping the P4 ahead of Verstappen and Norris. Goes to show why every position is important, he's there to pick up the pieces today. Really weird situation but I'll take what I can get just like we did with Sainz a few weeks ago.

.Bole
.Bole

I am just now seeing what sainz did. It wasnt Ferrari’s fault but it is for them to finally say no to him.
And this comes 3 days after him saying he is team player

AtOmIc
AtOmIc

.Bole wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:12
I am just now seeing what sainz did. It wasnt Ferrari’s fault but it is for them to finally say no to him.
And this comes 3 days after him saying he is team player
What did he do? Didn't catch it