2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Macklaren wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 15:04
Trying to move on (I'm still so mad though!), do we know if there will be a biggish upgrade at Silverstone? Zak was hinting at something back in Spain...
I’m gonna say doubtful?
New front wing and suspension. Looks like they updated the floor as well.
There’s scope to improve the sidepods I guess?
Just a fan's point of view

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

CjC wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 19:46
Macklaren wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 15:04
Trying to move on (I'm still so mad though!), do we know if there will be a biggish upgrade at Silverstone? Zak was hinting at something back in Spain...
I’m gonna say doubtful?
New front wing and suspension. Looks like they updated the floor as well.
There’s scope to improve the sidepods I guess?
There was no floor update, otherwise it would have been included in the FIA ​​entry form. Floor and sidepod upgrades are expected either at Silverstone, Hungary or later.

CjC
CjC

What are the floor fences we were admiring in the car thread on Saturday?

Emag
Emag

CjC wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 20:08
Been part of the car for a while

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

CjC wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 20:08
As Emag said, this solution could have appeared in Miami. We just saw it recently.

CjC
CjC

Ok that’s for clearing up.
Bring on the new floor in Silverstone then :twisted:

CjC
CjC

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

CjC wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 20:44
Ok that’s for clearing up.
Bring on the new floor in Silverstone then :twisted:
This was something you had to ask Santa Claus for on New Year's Eve. :D

I suspect that the subsequent updates will make McLaren the strongest in pure pace, which should theoretically allow Lando to fight for wins on every race weekend. Possibly more pole positions, which will make it easier to get wins. The contact that led to the crash in Austria could be historic. It's the point where McLaren has declared himself a title contender on Red Bull's home track.

And although Lando's pace was slightly slower than Max's, the ability to save tires will be an integral part of future victories. Last year, Lando often came in second, while the first 5-7 laps he drove at Max's pace, then he lost a lot of pace, because the tires wear out faster. Now it's the other way around.

I just finished watching Max's onboard in Barcelona. And I saw that the car is nervous and unstable in that phase of the race when the tires are already worn. I have not noticed this before. The Red Bull chassis is now not as stable as at the beginning of the year. I got the impression that even Max has difficulty controlling it now. Constant steering corrections are a consequence of non-optimal balance. And then there is increased tire wear. Perhaps the updates made their car faster, but now it is more nervous. In any case, this was the case in Barcelona. This could also explain why Sergio's overall pace and speed disappeared.

Emag
Emag

Yikes this is embarrassing. Much worse than Ferrari's Singapore tweet because at least that was in the heat of the moment. They have had a couple of days to think this through.

It's so bad, it looks like a teenager manages their social media account.

Last edited by Emag on 02 Jul 2024, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Definitely embarrassing to be tweeting that.

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 22:26
Yikes this is embarrassing. Much worse than Ferrari's Singapore tweet because at least that was in the heat of the moment. They have had a couple of days to think this through.

It's so bad, it looks like a teenager manages their social media account.

Yea. They just need to give it a rest.
All I can say is and we have know for a while that the team is inexperienced with all aspects with racing at the front.

If you recall you slammed me for saying Red Bull and Ferrari schooled McLaren in the Miami sprint quali but this is what I mean Mclaren are still immature in their development and slightly naive compared to Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes.
They’ll get there though if they can cement theirselves as a top 4 team👍🏻

Ben1980
Ben1980

Fair play to Mclaren. Take it to them all. Just shutting up and moving in, is being a carpet.

If you expect this sort of thing to happen again, set your stall out, put it in people's minds.

Fire with fire.

Love it.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

I don't understand people's reactions. Why can't an account that is official justify itself now? Is that bad? What if one of you is taken to court?

The team is obliged to protect its rights and it does. Who runs the account, even I don't know. But it doesn't change the essence. It is the full right of the team. In the video, where Anthony does a quality analysis, there is nothing to find fault with. Even for the second time, it is surprising that Max's fan again ends up in the McLaren thread to somehow support his driver and take McLaren to task.

Darth-Piekus

Im in favor of Mclaren exposing the cheats that is Max and Red Bull. We aren't Mercedes to be chickening out, not protecting their 8 times world champion when he needed them. We are the living history of F1 just like Ferrari and Williams and we should demand respect. If you don't respect Mclaren then get ready for the consequences. That is a mentality of a champion. After all you fight fire by shooting it out just like Chuck Norris.

mwillems

The team are apparently bringing updates to Silverstone.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit