2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

I would choose Newey over Vasseur...any day of the year.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

MattLightBlue
MattLightBlue

mika vs michael wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 18:00
It is not just about that. A public company has to justify every decision, and a move like “Newey in, Vasseur out” means that the current team is simply not good enough: it doesn’t look good and then the stock title goes down and so on, it doesn’t work like 2000’s anymore.

Vanja #66

yooogurt wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 10:50
My understanding of this situation is that Newey just had a conflict at RB when the team stopped listening to him and sidelined him that he had to leave. He is still full of desire to build another team, but he needs guarantees that the situation as in RB will not repeat, it is not taking away all the functions of TP, but that he would not have power over him in decisions on the technical part of the team (as most likely Horner sided with Vache and pushed Newey away). And the only question remains: whether they are ready to trust him and share power? Apparently Vasseur is not ready.
Why Newey decided to leave RBR is pure speculation at the moment. Also irrelevant in the end. He wasn't forced out, but his status and media attention bothered Wache and others a lot, every brilliant idea from anyone was attributed to Newey, while every failure had nothing to do with him, but others

If his ambition is to have powers above a TP and the company CEO, he can only get that in AMR of Top 5 teams, simple as that.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

MattLightBlue wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 18:39
mika vs michael wrote:
It is not just about that. A public company has to justify every decision, and a move like “Newey in, Vasseur out” means that the current team is simply not good enough: it doesn’t look good and then the stock title goes down and so on, it doesn’t work like 2000’s anymore.
Scuderia Ferrari impact on overall Ferrari value as a company is close to 0.

bhall II
bhall II

Xyz22 wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 21:28
MattLightBlue wrote:
mika vs michael wrote:
As evidenced by the fact that Ferrari's stock price is up 641% since the company went public in 2015, despite markedly different sporting results--not to mention a couple of sporting scandals--during the same period.

The world's most reputable brand could have given Adrian Newey a blank check and still met its fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.

My hope is that someone somewhere decided that beating Newey would be more rewarding than hiring him. That's a philosophical argument I can get behind.

Otherwise... :?

ClarkBT11

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 18:48
yooogurt wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 10:50
My understanding of this situation is that Newey just had a conflict at RB when the team stopped listening to him and sidelined him that he had to leave. He is still full of desire to build another team, but he needs guarantees that the situation as in RB will not repeat, it is not taking away all the functions of TP, but that he would not have power over him in decisions on the technical part of the team (as most likely Horner sided with Vache and pushed Newey away). And the only question remains: whether they are ready to trust him and share power? Apparently Vasseur is not ready.
Why Newey decided to leave RBR is pure speculation at the moment. Also irrelevant in the end. He wasn't forced out, but his status and media attention bothered Wache and others a lot, every brilliant idea from anyone was attributed to Newey, while every failure had nothing to do with him, but others

If his ambition is to have powers above a TP and the company CEO, he can only get that in AMR of Top 5 teams, simple as that.
I agree that Newy would want a considerable amount of control. The only argument against AMR that I can think of is that the timescale for a result could be 3 to 5 years. Is 3 to 5 years a reasonable amount of time he wants to be involved in F1?

Waz
Waz

mika vs michael wrote:
This is Ferrari. They chose Domenicali over Brawn many years ago, while Brawn was there. And Raikkonen over Schumacher effectively.

Logical decisions are not their forte

Xyz22
Xyz22

bhall II wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 04:07
Xyz22 wrote:
MattLightBlue wrote:

As evidenced by the fact that Ferrari's stock price is up 641% since the company went public in 2015, despite markedly different sporting results--not to mention a couple of sporting scandals--during the same period.

The world's most reputable brand could have given Adrian Newey a blank check and still met its fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.

My hope is that someone somewhere decided that beating Newey would be more rewarding than hiring him. That's a philosophical argument I can get behind.

We are simply talking about a business that to run requires like 300/350 M (including BC, engine department and driver salaries) and the estimated value would be probably be around 3-4B ?

Ferrari overall market cap is around 74B so...

Vanja #66

ClarkBT11 wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 05:32
I agree that Newy would want a considerable amount of control. The only argument against AMR that I can think of is that the timescale for a result could be 3 to 5 years. Is 3 to 5 years a reasonable amount of time he wants to be involved in F1?
Seems like he has his reasons. 2026 rules are quite uninspiring in terms of chassis (extremely restrictive rule boxes and what is allowed within) so I'm not sure what's his motivation. He might be inspired by having everything at his disposal and to be the X factor behind turning over the results of a team that seems to be completely lost at the moment
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

maygun
maygun

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 13:50
ClarkBT11 wrote:
Seems like he has his reasons. 2026 rules are quite uninspiring in terms of chassis (extremely restrictive rule boxes and what is allowed within) so I'm not sure what's his motivation. He might be inspired by having everything at his disposal and to be the X factor behind turning over the results of a team that seems to be completely lost at the moment
Didn't he say the same thing for the 2022 regulations, then after awhile he said actually they arent that much :D

scuderiabrandon

maygun wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 14:57
Vanja #66 wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 13:50
ClarkBT11 wrote:
Didn't he say the same thing for the 2022 regulations, then after awhile he said actually they arent that much :D
We've reached a performance ceiling in year 3 with the current regulations. The regs are indisputably restrictive, there is one way of doing things and no room for anything else. There is a reason they all look the same, they all move to the same suspension solutions. His comments might have been premature but not incorrect.

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

bhall II wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 04:07
Xyz22 wrote:
MattLightBlue wrote:

Ferrari at the moment not only it can't beat Newey, it loses to McLaren and Mercedes. Maybe if Newey ends up to Aston Martin then will lose to AM as well.
Let's wait and see. Lewis Hamilton and Newey as a combo sounds a bit like the Michael Schumacher Ross Brawn combo.
Vasseur could be a Jean Todt...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

yooogurt

mika vs michael wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 15:44
Let's wait and see. Lewis Hamilton and Newey as a combo sounds a bit like the Michael Schumacher Ross Brawn combo.
Vasseur could be a Jean Todt...
So far it looks like he wants to be both together.
We have Cardile gone, who takes his place, however temporarily?
FORZA FERRARI!

deadhead

Wait so Newey basically said let me come and fix the team and Vassuer said no thanks, we like being a midfield player?