Lotus E20 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
AnthonyG

Re: Lotus E20 Renault

Somehow I think this car (while it has a good basis) doesn't recieve enough updates to keep up with the top teams.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

AnthonyG

AnthonyG wrote:Somehow I think this car (while it has a good basis) doesn't recieve enough updates to keep up with the top teams.
Ok, I stand corrected. (but strategy is the main reason) :mrgreen:
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

jordangp

AnthonyG wrote:Somehow I think this car (while it has a good basis) doesn't recieve enough updates to keep up with the top teams.
They said on Sky Sports F1 that they have updates planned for the Mugello test, Spain, Monaco and Canada. I think they're updating enough, it's just getting it to work.

Huntresa
Huntresa

Yeah they had like 3-4 updates for China which didnt work, i dunno if they tested and found something that worked in bahrain but yeah they have updates and stable economy so they will prob be fighting more this year.

jordangp

Huntresa wrote:Yeah they had like 3-4 updates for China which didnt work, i dunno if they tested and found something that worked in bahrain but yeah they have updates and stable economy so they will prob be fighting more this year.
They tried the Shanghai updates in Bahrain, but they worked this time round, and it was clear by their results today.

Neno
Neno

jordangp wrote:
Huntresa wrote:Yeah they had like 3-4 updates for China which didnt work, i dunno if they tested and found something that worked in bahrain but yeah they have updates and stable economy so they will prob be fighting more this year.
They tried the Shanghai updates in Bahrain, but they worked this time round, and it was clear by their results today.
also, with other teams they will have new updates for Barcelona. I can't wait for to see their extreme double DRS system.

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

Today Lotus had the best pace in the race.Vettel was the only one to be able to withstand in front thanks to early pull-away in front of McLarens.Double podium is very good result even for dominant cars like RB7 last year.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

MIKEY_!

Updates were a real issue last year (or rather a lack of them). I don't think that was a lack of resources but they realized the car didn't have enough potential. This is not the case this year, expect plenty of updates on the car.

Donuts

MIKEY_! wrote:Updates were a real issue last year (or rather a lack of them). I don't think that was a lack of resources but they realized the car didn't have enough potential. This is not the case this year, expect plenty of updates on the car.
The issue was not lack of updates...

Eric Boullier(http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99111):

"Not many people realise that last year we had as many development packages as Red Bull did, it is just that ours didn't work," he said. "The year before they all worked but the starting car wasn't that good.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

bar555
bar555

Lotus Renault indeed raced during 2011 many updates on front/rear wing , diffuser ,brakes , exhausts , even on floor.
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

mith

So, what's the conclusion? Have they raced the updates from China this week?

Blackout

Some changes behind the barge-boards

They did race the new floor/diffuser and the RW in Bahrain. In China they only raced the RW.

Huntresa
Huntresa

Just need to get that new FW working and its all good :D

teon
teon

From what I saw, Grosjean was with old spec, Kimi with new parts.

marcush.
marcush.

lopez talked post race to RTL and said they have something like 22 development steps planned for the season as many as last year.