Poll over: MSC will officially come back.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Will Michael Schumacher make a come back

Yes, with Mercedes Grand Prix 2010
48%
Yes, with Ferrari if they get a third car
2%
NO, he will stay retired.
50%

Total votes: 86

Raptor22
Raptor22

Re: Poll: Will he come back or not?

Silver helmet with the german tri colour in fade on the sides, similar to the helmet he raced in 1991.

Henne

Or something like this... :lol:

Slife
Slife

So if Schumi did come back, would it be just one year or something ? :?:

jake_m
jake_m

Bild is reporting that Schumacher has signed on with Mercedes:
http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/motorspor ... glich.html

The story has also been picked up in English by GPupdate:
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-new ... -mercedes/

WhiteBlue

Then it is probably correct that a contract is done. They will still need a test to make sure that his vision problems over bumps are gone. Only after the test is done they can make it official.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Richard
Richard

To be formally announced today .....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 427552.stm
The German, who will be 41 on 3 January, has signed a contract and is set to be unveiled around 1030 GMT.

Henne

WhiteBlue

Contrary to previous information the contract will run multiple years, possibly three. This could mean that he will even drive two years until Merc can have a go at Vettel or find a suitable replacement in Rosberg.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Raptor22
Raptor22

Re: Poll over: MSC will officially come back.

Bollocks, a day earlier than I expected. :lol:

Raptor22
Raptor22

The contract is 1 year with an option for 2 years thereafter.
That option can be terminated after a year so he is free to leave either end 2010, 2011 or 2012 if he so choses or Mercedes are no longer happy.

what will happen is that Mr Rosberg is going to find his seat extremely hot because the plan is to have Vettel in one of the cars sooner rather than later. Vettel is a prodigy of Schumachers so I can only imagine that Christmas at the Rosberg's is going to involve more vodka and glass breaking than usual.

Excellent strategic move by Mercedes. I don't rate Nico Rosberg (although he is a considerably better driver than I) highly at all. he has this year to perform.

Scratching of the days on the calendar already. What an expected Christmas pressie this is!! [-o< =D>

axle
axle

WhiteBlue wrote:Contrary to previous information the contract will run multiple years, possibly three. This could mean that he will even drive two years until Merc can have a go at Vettel or find a suitable replacement in Rosberg.
Why would Rosberg need replacing!? Give him a change FFS...He did win GP2 remember...
- Axle

WhiteBlue

axle wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:Contrary to previous information the contract will run multiple years, possibly three. This could mean that he will even drive two years until Merc can have a go at Vettel or find a suitable replacement in Rosberg.
Why would Rosberg need replacing!? Give him a change FFS...He did win GP2 remember...
Read: Merc may find out that Rosberg is a suitable replacement for MSC.

axle
axle

Sorry, yes I missed that. I guess I've seen a few dissing Rosberg and his abilities of late and find it hard to understand so jumped on my soap box when I saw replacement and Rosberg...my brain made up a FOR in the middle :)
- Axle

WhiteBlue

Willi Weber will become the biggest textile supplier in Germany and the Chinese and Vietnamese will run out of silver colour for the team garb.

Petronas will rub their hands in pleasure and fill Michael's pockets with more millions. No doubts he has an excellent contract with every freedom of personal endorsements. Mercedes cannot pay him big money with so many redundancies in Stuttgart but Willi will see to it that the bottom line of Schumacher GmbH will swell nicely.

RTL and Sky Germany will make tremendous extra profits which will not be factored into their deals with Bernie. Bernie will see a big hike in TV numbers and bums on seats though. So he will not hurt either.

Haug and Mercedes will have landed the deal of the decade without a shadow of a doubt. The cost for hiring Michael will have a PR pay back of 3 months. This may push their average driver age from over 50 years down another five years in record time.

Congratulations all round. Tough luck Ferrari and Monte, they loose a 250 mil $ investment. But it is well well earned for screwing the dream team in 2006.

Last edited by WhiteBlue on 23 Dec 2009, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.

Richard
Richard

WhiteBlue wrote:Image
It would seem that they fixed his neck so he now has a slightly off-centre head. I wonder if that's performance enhancing surgery so he can see better around corners on ant-clockwise circuits? Unfortunately it hampers him on the clockwise circuits ;)

Or perhaps it is designed so that his head is pre cambered to lean into the G-force on high speed right hand corners?