2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Andres125sx wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 08:02
He knows about racing. Even so he said Sainz spun when he perfectly knows he was hit by Ricciardo.

That speaks volumes about his intention with this statement, putting Ferrari down and motivate his own team.

Anycase I find RBR top crew to be the less reliable on the grid, they can say whatever BS they think is good for them, specially Horner and Marko
That was probably about Sainz spinning in qualifying don’t you think. That is what took him out of contention that weekend. In the race was just bad luck that Ricciardo collected him, don’t think Marko meant that one.

Edit, in fact, he was clearly speaking about the Friday, he said leclerc spun twice, sainz spun, then leclerc again in the race. So 100% he was talking about the Q spin by sainz, not the Ricciardo bump at race start.

Second edit :) that is not to say he doesn’t like to speak provocative … sometimes but in this case he was talking facts. In how far that is because of pressure from redbull, I think Carlos was trying to outdo Charles. Now he has such a deficit that he is at risk of being offered up should a race call for it. Which is what he hoped to prevent.

Andres125sx

Sieper wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 14:10
Andres125sx wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 08:02
He knows about racing. Even so he said Sainz spun when he perfectly knows he was hit by Ricciardo.

That speaks volumes about his intention with this statement, putting Ferrari down and motivate his own team.

Anycase I find RBR top crew to be the less reliable on the grid, they can say whatever BS they think is good for them, specially Horner and Marko
That was probably about Sainz spinning in qualifying don’t you think. That is what took him out of contention that weekend. In the race was just bad luck that Ricciardo collected him, don’t think Marko meant that one.

Edit, in fact, he was clearly speaking about the Friday, he said leclerc spun twice, sainz spun, then leclerc again in the race. So 100% he was talking about the Q spin by sainz, not the Ricciardo bump at race start.

Second edit :) that is not to say he doesn’t like to speak provocative … sometimes but in this case he was talking facts. In how far that is because of pressure from redbull, I think Carlos was trying to outdo Charles. Now he has such a deficit that he is at risk of being offered up should a race call for it. Which is what he hoped to prevent.
Probably you´re right :)

But even so, that spin was motivated for the car problem wich didn´t allow him to do the warm up lap and forced him to try the fast lap with cold tires :wink:

LostInTranslation
LostInTranslation

LM10 wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 15:13
JPBD1990 wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 12:58
Spoutnik wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 12:17
The dudes sounding more and more demented by the day. I know it seems like I’d just say that because I’m a Ferrari fan, but in all honesty the stuff he’s been saying is erratic and crazy and often nonsensical. I think he’s not far off being put in a home.
Typical Helmut Marko. The most optimistic person in F1.
Marko and Horner remind me of Wolff and Lauda. That is: the stick and the carrot. Which is an Italian saying to describe the way in which the effort of a horse (princing?) is stimulated and rewarded to give the best of itself in the race. On the one hand I despise, on the other I praise, you choose which is the right or the left. Only psychological games, I suppose. It is curious that Ferrari never makes them. A weakness? We will see how it turns out at the end of the season.

mitodriver
mitodriver

LM10 wrote:
JPBD1990 wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 12:17
The dudes sounding more and more demented by the day. I know it seems like I’d just say that because I’m a Ferrari fan, but in all honesty the stuff he’s been saying is erratic and crazy and often nonsensical. I think he’s not far off being put in a home.
The text was probably put in a different context by Helmut Marko. But the media is quick to give it a twist so that everyone can read something bad into it. That generates clicks. On the other hand, it would be strange if Helmut Marko does not believe in his own team and then expresses this
-.-- --- ..- .-- .. .-.. .-.. --- -. .-.. -.-- ... . . .. - .-- .... . -. -.-- --- ..- --. . - .. -

Sansovino
Sansovino

mitodriver wrote:
01 May 2022, 22:29
LM10 wrote:
JPBD1990 wrote:

The text was probably put in a different context by Helmut Marko. But the media is quick to give it a twist so that everyone can read something bad into it. That generates clicks. On the other hand, it would be strange if Helmut Marko does not believe in his own team and then expresses this
I don't get what's so wrong with his statement? It's been proven in recent years that Red Bull can develop their car better in season and Ferrari can't. Hopefully for the competitions sake this is not true for this year.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

f1316
f1316

Sansovino wrote:
02 May 2022, 15:57
mitodriver wrote:
01 May 2022, 22:29
LM10 wrote:

I don't get what's so wrong with his statement? It's been proven in recent years that Red Bull can develop their car better in season and Ferrari can't. Hopefully for the competitions sake this is not true for this year.
I don’t think it’s been proven at all. It’s like me saying that it was “proven” Red Bull couldn’t build a competitive car to start the season…until they did.

Ferrari developed the 2017 car just fine and had strong development with the 2019. They made one big update in 2018 which didn’t work and cost them significantly but that’s more the exception than the rule. They’ve also since invested in and updated wind tunnel, simulator etc so it’s not really a valid comparison.

ringo

With the spending cap.. it will be hard to apply past trends to this year. No way to tell who can out develop who. They can only bring so much to the track this year. The upgrades need to be very effective and this may boil down to who has the best wind tunnel, analytical tools and most talented engineers to make each upgrade pound for pound the best.
I cannot say how Ferrari's human and tools resources stack up against Redbulls. But im intrigued how the development war will play out. Who knows, maybe Mercedes overtakes these 2 teams? lol
For Sure!!

wogx

Sainz is a bit unlucky this season :oops:
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

organic

wogx wrote:
06 May 2022, 09:56
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSCQtf3XwAA ... me=900x900

hopefully his only impact with the barrier this weekend..

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

ringo wrote:
05 May 2022, 05:12
With the spending cap.. it will be hard to apply past trends to this year. No way to tell who can out develop who. They can only bring so much to the track this year. The upgrades need to be very effective and this may boil down to who has the best wind tunnel, analytical tools and most talented engineers to make each upgrade pound for pound the best.
I cannot say how Ferrari's human and tools resources stack up against Redbulls. But im intrigued how the development war will play out. Who knows, maybe Mercedes overtakes these 2 teams? lol
Binotto already highlighted recently that the cost cap should be monitored by FIA. Maybe better as they did in 2021. Who knows how 'Helmet' Marko has this confidence since cost cap era...

jumpingfish

organic

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10297606/

This seems to suggest McLaren are protesting the specification of floor run at the Ferrari tyre test

tpe
tpe

Friday's crashes are becoming a major, major issue for Sainz and the team.
He has to relax, ASAP

Sevach
Sevach

organic wrote:
06 May 2022, 12:33
wogx wrote:
06 May 2022, 09:56
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSCQtf3XwAA ... me=900x900

hopefully his only impact with the barrier this weekend..
Didn't work...