Ferrari SF-24

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Vanja #66

Re: Ferrari SF-24

A very nice angle by Motorsport for side-by-side comparison between Barcelona (top) and Imola (bottom, Canada photo I think) car specs. The changes they highlighted with arrows and sidepod silhouette line (blue) have all been noted here before, but like every other analyst and outlet they failed to note changes to outboard floor fence and leading edge reduced height, next to VGW logo on Barcelona photo

As far as I can tell, Ferrari's design is now basically right between McLaren and Red Bull in terms of size and the ratio between vertical wall "direct" outwash and horizontal bottom surface "pressurisation" outwash. In my view, they won't have a lot of room to improve this design by the end of the year without massive internal redesign which would increase the cost a lot. They might just focus on further floor evolution, especially concerning edge wing treatment, and potentially an update on front wing if it can yield a cost-efficient improvement.

Here's also formu1a.uno comparison of the floor inlet, outboard leading edge height decrease is quite clear. We can also see that the whole tunnel roof surface is starting to compress much more now and it's visible from the junction between fences and the roof, explaining the raw performance increase that caused the bouncing. Proper setup will alleviate this issue

Last edited by Vanja #66 on 25 Jun 2024, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

KimiRai
KimiRai

Vanja #66

Sidepod and undercut comparison from rear side view

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie