2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Nando
Nando

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Now Vettel doesn´t even respect his own team.
Wonderful Champion..
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

fiohaa
fiohaa

Q: Mark, obviously there have been some times in the past when you've been very close together and things have been said. Your reaction to what Sebastian has just said.

Mark Webber: "Well, I was happy with how I drove today. I think it was a very good team result. We went into the race a little bit worried about how the race would unfold for us as a team in terms of performance. You still have to drive the grands prix these days at eight-tenths - it's not like the old day when grand prix drivers are driving flat out and leaning on the tyres like hell - because the tyres are wearing out. So it's not the most satisfying thing for us as grand prix drivers these days - but it's the same for everybody.

but hey - its entertaining for you guys and the show right.

fiohaa
fiohaa

Q: (Trent Price - Richland F1) Mark, obviously yesterday there were a lot of unknowns surrounding tyres going into this race but you've executed basically what was a perfect race in terms of the tyre management. That must give you some confidence for the rest of the year.
MW: "Yeah, you're right, going into the event we were pretty concerned. Some of our long runs before the Grand Prix itself were pretty poor but these guys are not resting on any laurels, particularly, again, our key beacon in Adrian Newey, Adrian is working hard.

"The thing is I think it's quite good for the neutral, good for the fans and good for probably new people that are following Formula One, but the old - let's say people who have more of a grasp of the sport and more education of where the sport was - it's still a little bit hit and miss. With what we had, probably not much of an idea that's how the race would go for us today.

"I was surprised that other people were not with us, completely, people won't believe that but that's the case, and also I think, for the junior categories they need to get the tyres and things better for young drivers to learn how to push the cars to the limit and drive absolutely on the edge. You watch Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer play each other and it's playing with the lines, it's playing with precision for a five set match and we all enjoy watching that but at the moment we're driving at eight and a half tenths, eight tenths, conserving our pace and some more situations like this will probably happen in the future because there's a lot of ambiguity in who's (on the) pace and who's quick.

"Seb feels he's strong only in the middle of the race then I could respond. The racing is completely around nursing and trying to make the tyres survive and they're not conducive to driving a car on the limit. You don't see us really pushing on the limit. Obviously Seb and I had a push in the middle in our last stint but generally no drivers are really on the limit today. I don't know if I answered your question but anyway, that's my little rant."

that about sums up what i think of the tyres too. thanks Mark.

MWcrazyhorse
MWcrazyhorse

Tomba wrote:
dren wrote:Is it a fact that multi21 means what you stated or is it engine mapping?
Indeed I stand corrected. I believed that was confirmed, but cannot find any source from the team. It may be a team order, an engine setting or a combination of both.

(I have edited my original post accordingly)
I have said it in a p.m and I will state it here again. I have huge concerns with Vettel being called a liar, Ironically, over his apology to Webber and the team for overtaking.
Possibly the team order was indeed not as clear as we were initially led to believe.
Last edited by MWcrazyhorse on 24 Mar 2013, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

McMrocks
McMrocks

well if this is the wrong thread please delete it:

where can i find the top speeds and so on? Last year one can find it at the FiA page in the media centre. Now on the new page i can't find it anymore

fets81

MWcrazyhorse wrote: Possibly the team order was indeed not as clear as we were initially led to believe.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106356

"He had made it quite clear what his intention was by making the move. He knew what the communication was. He had had the communication. He chose to ignore it"
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White

Ray

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Just started watching the race, and Lewis went through the McLaren pits instead of his own! #-o :lol: Wonder how many people are going to --- on him like they did Jenson when he made the very same mistake? :roll:

MWcrazyhorse
MWcrazyhorse

fets81 wrote:
MWcrazyhorse wrote: Possibly the team order was indeed not as clear as we were initially led to believe.

"He had made it quite clear what his intention was by making the move. He knew what the communication was. He had had the communication. He chose to ignore it"
"He knew what the communication was."
And what was it? Multi 2-1? Save engine and tires? Exactly that is the issue here. What was the alleged crystal clear communication.
He has apologised for overtaking, because clearly he did not save his tires and was taking a risk. But what exactly was the order and how binding is it? If it is engine and tires shouldn't he be still allowed to make an assesment of his own, wether he will take the risk? Or is it an order specificaly telling him to not overtake Webber? Whatever one may think of team orders and specifically the reasoning of it towards the f1 champion.
Last edited by MWcrazyhorse on 24 Mar 2013, 20:27, edited 3 times in total.

Juzh

Nando wrote:Now Vettel doesn´t even respect his own team.
Wonderful Champion..
Boy, that escalated quickly. You could say the same about webber or alonso. This race really took a toll on your nerves.

Nando
Nando

Juzh wrote:Boy, that escalated quickly. You could say the same about webber or alonso. This race really took a toll on your nerves.
My nerves are in your body? Or did you just make something from nothing?

No you can´t say the same about those two, especially Webber who last time there was team orders he stayed put.
As he should have because he´s in a team and whatever the team says you do. Unless of course your name is Vettel.

Nando
Nando

Have to give a big-ups to the supposedly "rubbish" driver called Paul Di Resta despite all the problems he faced during the race.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

MWcrazyhorse wrote:
fets81 wrote:

"He knew what the communication was."
And what was it? Multi 2-1? Save engine and tires? Exactly that is the issue here. What was the alleged crystal clear communication.
He has apologised for overtaking, because clearly he did not save his tires and was taking a risk. But what exactly was the order and how binding is it? If it is engine and tires shouldn't he be still allowed to make an assesment of his own, wether he will take the risk? Or is it an order specificaly telling him to not overtake Webber? Whatever one may think of team orders and specifically the reasoning of it towards the f1 champion.
So the team boss who knows what the instruction was, and the driver who knows what the instruction was have both admitted that the instruction was disobeyed... and your arguing otherwise just because YOU don't know what the instruction was?

Fanatics. :roll:

@Tomba can users automatically get rating points deducted for every post deemed to be fanaticism? At least then we could clearly identify those who will not see facts or reason and simply ignore them.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Just_a_fan wrote:Webber will get the last laugh if it comes down to him being asked to pull over later in the season. If Vettel needs Webber's help for the title then Vettel will find himself alone. Indeed, I think Webber will probably drive in to Vettel rather than let him by next time.

Vettel has shown himself to be like a footballer - he knows what ever he does the team will support him regardless. Sure he's a racer but he is an employee of Red Bull above that. His employer told him to X and he did Y. If Red Bull have any balls (I don't think the managment does) they'll publically admonish him.
Yep, this might just come back to bite him in the ass, later on. And rightly so.

Ray

Diesel wrote:....At least then we could clearly identify those who will not see facts or reason and simply ignore them.
Which you've chosen to deliberately not do.... Don't bother Tomba with that, just ignore like you suggest. :roll:

myurr
myurr

MWcrazyhorse wrote:"He knew what the communication was."
Vettel has changed his story at least once, arguably twice. Newey told him off. Webber told him off. Christian Horner has come out and said that Vettel knew exactly what he was doing. Even Helmut Marko, his number one fanboi, said that Vettel had ignored team orders.

If it was a fuel mix or anything other than code for car two leads car one home then why would Webber's first words to Vettel be to quote the "multi 21" at him? Do you think he was just guessing that Vettel had a different fuel mix? Why would Horner state "This is silly Seb" over the radio if it was just a fuel mix he hadn't selected?

You can continue claim otherwise and twist and turn events and the words coming out of the team hours after the event as the PR coverup kicks in. But let me be clear to you, Sebastian Vettel is a liar. He knew exactly what he was doing and he deliberately chose to ignore the team orders and then lied to live TV about it when he claimed it was an accident and he didn't know about the team order. His latest statements no longer claim that, again showing that he was caught in a lie.