Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Avocado wrote:
crbassassin wrote:
vor gen
What?
I guess that was supposed to mean Vortex Generators before the Keyboard broke. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mikeerfol

stefan_
stefan_

2015 Winter testing | Session 2, Day 4 - Circuit de Catalunya, Spain (22.02.2015)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

maccafan
maccafan

Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Downforce levels of mp4-30 must be amazing. Poor alonso fainted in turn 3-4 due to G-force created.

Disregard the joke attempt, but still would something like that be possible? I know i almost fainted ehen i was exposed to some G-forces
Last edited by maccafan on 22 Feb 2015, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

Bomber_Pilot

maccafan wrote:Downforce levels of mp4-30 must be amazing. Poor alonso fainted in turn 3-4 due to G-force created.
Why do people like you even join a forum like this?

George-Jung
George-Jung

Is Alonso sitting very low in the car, or is it just the angle of the photo that makes it look that way?

AlainProst
AlainProst

George-Jung wrote:Is Alonso sitting very low in the car, or is it just the angle of the photo that makes it look that way?
No it's the angle ;)

AlainProst
AlainProst

http://i.imgur.com/gwAOZi0.jpg

Do you know what are these protuberances on the rear wing leading edge ?

I had read that it was a biomimicry inspiration. It would come from whale fin (yes !). It's designed in order to have more downforce due to small whirlpools. This also allows a drag reduction.

What do you think about this ? Do you know how it work ?

And why mirrors are so high unlike others cars ?

dren

ringo wrote:
dren wrote:
ringo wrote:The car looks like it will be quick in high speed turns, but i get the feeling that the car is so well packaged that it might be very draggy, similar to the old redbulls. Not a bad formula to work with, but tracks like Monza may be their weakness.
That doesn't make sense. Why would a well packaged car be more draggy?

Have you located ellipses all over the car, too?
I'm tempted to type something to make you look stupid, but i wont.
The flow going through the car is more restricted than the other teams due to the compact nature of the heat exchangers within it. Not only that but their engine cover is not a low drag design.
You cannot say just because the sidepods are tight relative to another car that internally there will be more resistance to air flow; I understand what you are getting at but it isn't an absolute. What in your eyes would it take to make the sidepod design have less drag.
Honda!

timbo
timbo

George-Jung wrote:Is Alonso sitting very low in the car, or is it just the angle of the photo that makes it look that way?
He seems to prefer that way, he always looked seated rather low in all the cars he driven.

Mesteño

Maybe the MGUK seal didn't work very well, hm?

Take this with a pinch of salt but in the morning people reported to have heard a bang before the collision.

PS: Some people report is the shadow of the camera.

NaSku
NaSku

Thats the shadow from thr camera mount.

Xero

Yup, just the reflection of the camera mount. :wink:

Alonso Fan

Mesteño wrote:https://twitter.com/McLaren_Soul/status ... 2052956160

Comparing the sound, they seem totally different cars.
they are completely different cars

:)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

ringo

dren wrote:
ringo wrote:
I'm tempted to type something to make you look stupid, but i wont.
The flow going through the car is more restricted than the other teams due to the compact nature of the heat exchangers within it. Not only that but their engine cover is not a low drag design.
You cannot say just because the sidepods are tight relative to another car that internally there will be more resistance to air flow; I understand what you are getting at but it isn't an absolute. What in your eyes would it take to make the sidepod design have less drag.
You can't break the laws of physics, the car has a certain power, i'm sure quite similar or more than the other engines, and similar materials and fluids are involved, therefore the car must have a similar surface area used for heat exchange. If you have the same surface area or more in a smaller volume chances are the spaces for air to flow is more convoluted and smaller.
As for the sidepods, there are more agressive in curvature, they will create more drag because of the rapid change of direction and or expansion of the air behind it. it simply clasical redbull design, with the chassis producing a lot of downforce and more drag than the usual.
For Sure!!