2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
search

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 12:36
Yuki: “I feel like we didn’t maximise our package today. I didn’t have clean air on the last lap, which affected my lap time.
Our pace hasn’t been on it today, so we’ll have to look through what happened and see how we can improve."

Daniel: “It’s frustrating because we were definitely faster than what we showed, and there was the potential for Q2, and maybe even Q3, but we didn’t get it right on the last lap. I didn’t get the tyres in the right spot for the start of the lap, so I came too hot into Turn 1."
Jonathan Eddolls (Chief Race Engineer)

“We didn’t have the most successful Friday in this final Sprint of the season here in Brazil. We explored various setup options during Free Practice 1, focusing mainly on the hard and medium compounds, intending to save the soft tyres for qualifying. We had no major issues or limitations with the car, just the usual low grip to start the session with on a green track. We felt the car was reasonably competitive.
It was clear the gaps were tight, as is always the case in Interlagos, so during qualifying, we completed three runs on new soft tyres with Yuki and two runs with Daniel. After the delay to the start of Q1, the rain was very close but missed the track to the north and had no impact. Although we improved on each of the runs, we didn’t have enough pace to make it through to Q2 today, which was frustrating considering the gap was less than one-tenth.
We knew we wouldn’t be quite as competitive as we were in Mexico, but we were expecting more than we achieved today.
We’ll go through the data, try to understand what happened, and make any changes to the car within Parc Ferme to improve it for the Sprint Shootout tomorrow.”
Is that allowed after the Qualification? I thought not after Q2 in qualification.
Williams also said "Although the car is in Parc Ferme, there are still opportunities to optimise the car via the electronic setup and tyre preparation" yesterday, so it's probably also that kind of stuff Eddolls is referring to.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Great sprint qualli from both drivers. 6th and 8th. So we did have q3 pace! =D> Dan looked strong all sessions and Yuki pipped him by a tenth in q3. What might have been in main qualli.

organic

Car is quick. Shame for quali but maybe fightback in the race is possible

HPD

And this recovery?
Let's hope the pace isn't bad in the race. The ferraris will come quickly

ME4ME

Oh man, happy to admit I was totally wrong :lol:

Wouter

A few words from Yuki. Good luck to the both of them! 🍀🍀🍀

The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

One lap more yuki pass charles

HPD

Bill wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 21:08
One lap more yuki pass charles
Completely. P5 was possible.
It's a shame what happened on Friday.

Congratulations Yuki, I always said that this driver earned his seat in F1 and not only because of Honda support.

Bill
Bill

yes drivers have to earn a super licence so Honda can't make him get one by magic or money the era of pay drivers is over.yuki some good race while driving the slowest car eg monaco or durch race but strategy or car fault denied him points.

search

looked like the new soft tire came with quite a bit of an advantage, but Ricciardo has two more sets of those for tomorrow - as more or less the only driver in the field. So yeah, very promising.

Wouter

Nice comments below the Tweet.

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Fantastic decision by the team to use the new soft. Great drive by Yuki as well. Made the most of this situation! Couple more laps and more points were available for sure

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Yuki and Daniel on an offset strategy tomorrow could work well as they're much faster than the cars around them but struggled to overtake today. A long medium stint at the start of the race could be the way to go

runningmanz
runningmanz

Excellent, mature race from Yuki! Thats how you do it. Well done. Solid from Dan and almost got Sainz at the end after a couple of passes that he couldn't hold onto earlier. Ferrari were holding us up for sure. Tyre wear seems really good. All to play for tomorrow.