Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
basti313
basti313

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

organic wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 10:51
Wouter wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 10:48
Horner is on his way to Bahrain or to the RB department to get fired or to Graz to pick up Marko.

You have to zoom in to see the plane moving. https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=40753b
Given he's only leaving today.. I doubt it's to Bahrain personally
Why? I would see it as a normal approach. He needs to spend time at the factory, it is not a long flight and the action starts tomorrow....in contrast...before getting sacked I would rather enjoy Bahrain ;)

I am still surprised by the topic. Media is writing their ass off without knowing anything, often contradicting everything the involved people really say.
And...you simply do not sack the CEO a day before FP1. I think the topic is already closed, they just need to find out how to make it go away.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Sevach
Sevach

f1jcw wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 15:14
Has little to no meaning, but Christian isn't amongst the 1st press conferences

https://www.fia.com/news/f1-2024-bahrai ... onferences
No it has meaning, the FIA doesn't want the guy embroiled in controversy in the interview...
No clue if it's actually a hint of the ultimate decision.

Wouter

organic wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 10:51
Wouter wrote:
Horner is on his way to Bahrain or to the RB department to get fired or to Graz to pick up Marko.

You have to zoom in to see the plane moving. https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=40753b
Given he's only leaving today.. I doubt it's to Bahrain personally
The fact that he leaves so late could be due to the fact that he will arrive at the circuit after the media day to avoid difficult questions.
He could also fly to the RB GmbH bosses. Can be seen within an hour. When he flies to Graz he picks up Marko.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Horner on way to Bahrain GP as decision looms on his F1 future

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner is on his way to Formula 1’s Bahrain Grand Prix as a decision looms on his future at the squad, Autosport understands.

Jonathan Noble
Feb 28, 2024, 10:20 AM

It is understood that he is now travelling to Bahrain and is due to arrive later on Wednesday.

While that means he will not arrive in time to join media activities that are taking place at the Sakhir track, Horner regularly skips such preview days at flyaways and only heads to the track ahead of opening practice.

Horner’s presence in Bahrain could suggest that Red Bull is leaning towards a decision to clear him of any wrongdoing over the matter, even though it is believed that no final call has been made.

And indeed .... he is flying to Graz so Helmut Marko can jump on the plane.
Last edited by Wouter on 28 Feb 2024, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

zeroday

To see Horner fired would be a devastating blow to RedBull. Horner and Newey are the only important people that have ever made RB successful.

Removing/Replacing either of these two will bring this house of cards down hard. Everyone else at RB have always been replaceable.

Redragon

Sevach wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 11:03
f1jcw wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 15:14
Has little to no meaning, but Christian isn't amongst the 1st press conferences

https://www.fia.com/news/f1-2024-bahrai ... onferences
No it has meaning, the FIA doesn't want the guy embroiled in controversy in the interview...
No clue if it's actually a hint of the ultimate decision.
Probably more to do that he can't comment on it until the decision is made. So why to have him on the press coference where all the questions are gonna be directed towards him about the investigation and nothing is gonna be comment on. Better use the time for F1 and weekend race questions

tinuva

Wouter wrote:

Landed in Graz now.

organic

Sky Sports says he's heading to Bahrain but doesn't yet know the outcome of the investigation

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

zeroday wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 11:35
To see Horner fired would be a devastating blow to RedBull. Horner and Newey are the only important people that have ever made RB successful.

Removing/Replacing either of these two will bring this house of cards down hard. Everyone else at RB have always been replaceable.
That's rather unfair on all the other important staff members there. Yes Newey and Horner are figurehead, but if either or even both of them left, the team is still strong and can continue to be as successful as ever.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Cs98
Cs98

Is this still "business as usual" until the final decision, which could mean he arrives in Bahrain and gets fired during the weekend? Or is it indicative of them deciding he is staying on and that being the reason he's traveling to Bahrain? After all that meeting was held yesterday and there should have been some sort of outcome.

Wouter

organic wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 12:34
Sky Sports says he's heading to Bahrain but doesn't yet know the outcome of the investigation
Do you think when Sky asked Horner if he knew the outcome of the investigation he would said "Yes" before
the announcement of RB is published?! I don't think so.
"Yes I know the outcome and I'm going to Bahrain now." :)
I am sure he already knows the outcome, otherwise he wouldn't travel to Bahrain.
The Power of Dreams!

Venturiation
Venturiation

I know most things, including the person who complained about Horner, but... Frankly, the legal aspect of this scares me.

Kamel
Kamel

Wouter wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 13:10
organic wrote:
Do you think when Sky asked Horner if he knew the outcome of the investigation he would said "Yes" before
I am sure he already knows the outcome, otherwise he wouldn't travel to Bahrain.
He could have gone to Bahrain already in the status of the new Team Principal of Aston Martin by the way 😁

yener

Pressure is rising.. I can’t believe that someone who knows he made a real mistake (CH) he would just jump in the plain and fly to the race.
IMO Horner, seems way to relaxed. After many days of crazy attention and articles written by the media, CH would and should resign if he did something out of the ordinary. I mean there is no other way then take your responsibility, which makes me wonder what exactly happened.

The media knows the name of the woman who accused CH but won’t release them because they are afraid to be sued
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

basti313
basti313

Wouter wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 13:10
organic wrote:
Yes, there is a lot of nonsense assumptions around.
It was reported, that the 120page report is done, so if this is true why would he not know about it? I guess the outcome is fairly irrelevant in case something is true on the point that the RedBull owners simply do not care about what he said to a woman.
Seeing him in Bahrain is rather a point on the thing is closed...they will not sack him during the weekend and most probably not before the Saudi weekend which is just round the corner.
Don`t russel the hamster!