2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

Dan super frustrated post race on the radio with the second drs zone getting repassed by Sainz twice.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Nice praise from Horner at the end here post sprint race for Yuki and also the direction Dan has helped AT with to help improve the car. Its great to see AT battling the likes of Ferrari and Merc in the last two races! Lets keep it going!

Wouter

Finally a few words from Daniel:
“The Sprint race certainly wasn’t boring. On one hand, it was nice to be in a battle, and I had fun out there,
but I’m also really frustrated.
As we showed this morning by having both cars in the top 8, we definitely had the pace to score points, so congratulations to Yuki who did.
Every time I passed Carlos in Turn 1, he overtook me with the DRS afterwards. I’m also frustrated with myself for leaving the door open to Oscar, who passed me in Turn 8.
Strategically, I can perform better moves tomorrow. Some things changed throughout the race, probably also because of the asphalt we have here, but I think I did well by adapting my driving style mid-race.
In fact, we gained a lot from Carlos (Sainz) during the last couple of laps. Unfortunately, by the chequered flag, we were still behind by a couple tenths.
Looking at the positive, I think it’s exciting to see the forward steps we’ve taken with the car. I also learnt some things during the race,
and I’ll keep them in my back pocket for tomorrow. We’ll watch the replays and figure out how to plan my overtakes better, trying to find a bit more clear air and use that pace.”
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

It's race Day!!

Daniel about yesterday and the GP race today:

The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

slow pitstop again these team

PierreW
PierreW

I thought Tsusnoda would have more pace to finish in front of Gasly and Hamilton.

Ricciardo comfortably beat Piastri which had a faster car. Too bad what happenned for them at the start and putting them one lap behind at the secon start.

Bill
Bill

ocon ruined his race in1st stint he spent a lot of time stuck behind him then lost track of the pack.a small error ,a slow pit stop and longer stint on medium cost him time .he should have been around gasly.

JordanMugen

2 more points for Yuki Tsunoda, 5 points from Sao Paulo GP weekend! Great job by Yuki and the team.

Daniel has the pace and will be back too IMO.

organic

The few laps Daniel did in clear air were similar to Alonso/Perez's pace.. shame he got screwed by the rules here

Once again great by Yuki. Without the trip into grass and bad pitstop it could've been P8 - oh well. Abu Dhabi could suit the car given its similarity to Mexico - the drag will be the issue

search

organic wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 21:33
The few laps Daniel did in clear air were similar to Alonso/Perez's pace.. shame he got screwed by the rules here

Once again great by Yuki. Without the trip into grass and bad pitstop it could've been P8 - oh well.
Tsunoda also had some technical problems in the end, which cost him a couple of seconds as well.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Well done Yuki , more points, another great drive.

Man what awful luck for Dan being taken out by the stray tire and ending up a lap down starting from the pits. He had great pace too and easily gapped Piastri and was right behind Yuki by lap 20. Could have had a double points finish here.
Last edited by runningmanz on 05 Nov 2023, 23:13, edited 2 times in total.

HPD

We are 7 points behind Williams, right?
I think it is possible

Does anyone know what technical problems Yuki had at the end of the race?

search

HPD wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 22:16
Does anyone know what technical problems Yuki had at the end of the race?
I just re-watched it on the onboard, and he had to switch to a slower mode "for reliabilty" with 7 laps to go.

"They are monitoring an issue on Yuki's car. He may lose a bit of pace" is what they told Ricciardo, who was just running behind.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Dan was really frustrated after the race with rules for being a lap down. Said they had exceptional pace today and could have scored alot more points. Looking forward to Vegas!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/vide ... 50973.html

search

yeah, understandably. He finished just behind Yuki, despite moving to the side for him and a couple of cars a lap ahead throughout the race. Even with the pit lane start, he could have beaten Hamilton for sure, maybe even Gasly or Sainz.