2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

MCLvamos wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:15
Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:13
And as usual punishments are delivered depending if you are a Red Bull or not. Well time for both of our drivers to throw down on Sunday.
I know you're thinking of Singapore, and probably frustrated generally. But these were fair and consistent penalties, just a rare disappointing and unnecessary double-error from our drivers.
I'm actually thinking of Singapore and Monza.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Marc.W wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:23
LionsHeart wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:21
There's only one fact I'm glad about. The car has pure speed. I won't even discuss the rest.
Honestly I think this now makes Sunday way mor exciting, we have the race pace to get a podium again
Yes, the pace is there. We'll see how Sunday's race plays out. But the frustration inside is tugging at me. When you see how good the car is, and how embarrassing it is to see little mistakes like that that cost lap times. It's about time they brought back gravel at all the tracks so we don't see this kind of nonsense anymore.

mwillems

Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:27
MCLvamos wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:15
Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:13
And as usual punishments are delivered depending if you are a Red Bull or not. Well time for both of our drivers to throw down on Sunday.
I know you're thinking of Singapore, and probably frustrated generally. But these were fair and consistent penalties, just a rare disappointing and unnecessary double-error from our drivers.
I'm actually thinking of Singapore and Monza.
The penalties are fair, they went off the track.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

MCLvamos
MCLvamos

LionsHeart wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:31
Marc.W wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:21
There's only one fact I'm glad about. The car has pure speed. I won't even discuss the rest.
Honestly I think this now makes Sunday way mor exciting, we have the race pace to get a podium again
Yes, the pace is there. We'll see how Sunday's race plays out. But the frustration inside is tugging at me. When you see how good the car is, and how embarrassing it is to see little mistakes like that that cost lap times. It's about time they brought back gravel at all the tracks so we don't see this kind of nonsense anymore.
Just waiting for the top speed data to come out from quali. As long as we are not crazy slow we should be able to make decent ground up. Helps that Perez is starting behind us too!

Dafnalina
Dafnalina

Does anyone know if Oscar is going to be investigated for maximum lap time?

organic

Dafnalina wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:38
Does anyone know if Oscar is going to be investigated for maximum lap time?
I think the precedent is a reprimand if anything - could be wrong

Ir3NiCuS
Ir3NiCuS

Angry and sad at the same time as the car was good to be in the 1st and 2nd row. I heard countless times during/after Q from Norris that he fcked up there and there and the team should have achieved a better position. The team is working super hard to make the car fast while sometimes the drivers not performing well enough. I really hope they will step up just like the team did and there will be fewer mistakes.
Next year if McLaren wanna challenge RB and especially Ver they cannot allow that many mistakes and missed opportunities.
Fingers crossed that tomorrow will be better - the performance is definitely there, hope the driver will put it together and we can fight for the podium.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

MCLvamos wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:35
LionsHeart wrote:
Marc.W wrote:

Just waiting for the top speed data to come out from quali. As long as we are not crazy slow we should be able to make decent ground up. Helps that Perez is starting behind us too!
Well that's the thing, I'm very happy for the pure speed of the car. Hopefully, I really hope we can overtake on the straight. And for race pace, I'm sure McLaren should be good. But breaking from the back is always a risk. It's easier to start at the top to maximize the chances of good points. I feel like I'm not going to sleep any time soon. :D

Szabi1112
Szabi1112

LionsHeart wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:41
MCLvamos wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:

Well that's the thing, I'm very happy for the pure speed of the car. Hopefully, I really hope we can overtake on the straight. And for race pace, I'm sure McLaren should be good. But breaking from the back is always a risk. It's easier to start at the top to maximize the chances of good points. I feel like I'm not going to sleep any time soon. :D
Thats why we need a new engine for the race. C’mon!

Dimond
Dimond

Can't blame the rookie, while Lando shouldn't make such mistakes in his 5th year in the sport

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Ir3NiCuS wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:40
Angry and sad at the same time as the car was good to be in the 1st and 2nd row. I heard countless times during/after Q from Norris that he fcked up there and there and the team should have achieved a better position. The team is working super hard to make the car fast while sometimes the drivers not performing well enough. I really hope they will step up just like the team did and there will be fewer mistakes.
Next year if McLaren wanna challenge RB and especially Ver they cannot allow that many mistakes and missed opportunities.
Fingers crossed that tomorrow will be better - the performance is definitely there, hope the driver will put it together and we can fight for the podium.
The right words.

organic

Top speeds taken from fastest q3 runs by fastest driver of each top 5 team

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Szabi1112 wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:42
LionsHeart wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:41
MCLvamos wrote:

Thats why we need a new engine for the race. C’mon!
You mean for Lando? Hmm, interesting. I have no idea from the team's plans where exactly they want to serve the penalty for the new powertrain.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

organic wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:45

https://i.imgur.com/yVghAV2.png
Thank you. Can we get the data from Lando's lap?

organic

LionsHeart wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:48
organic wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 20:45

https://i.imgur.com/yVghAV2.png
Thank you. Can we get the data from Lando's lap?
Included the delta to see if we can maybe see Lando losing time from lack of power