Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Quantum

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:51
zeroday wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:48

My current bet is...they try to make it go away with money. If this does not work, they play on time...
So basically F1 and the teams fine words about equality and how we must live up to standards is all false, as soon as they fall foul, instead of fixing the environment they sweep it away with money.

I don't see Ford or the FIA/LM being happy with that.
"Interplay of triads"

basti313
basti313

Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:44
"They" don't seem to be united on the issue, hence the stalling. If the Thai side is just digging their heels in to protect Horner it could get ugly.
THIS I can not see. Horner collecting Marko with his plane, walking with Newey in the paddock last week. All we saw and see is not showing any issues. Also from Verstappen side, what should be their issue with Horner and why say completely contrary in interviews? Fits to the story last year where Minzlaff was after Marko, now he is after Horner...come on...
The politics would be on if there would be any issue, but you hear and see really NOTHING.
I believe this is media made up.

But you are right on the Thai. If the story really goes sideways, the issue is that the Thai need to give the ok. In principle Minzlaff could just sack him legaly, but I guess he simply will not risk his job on this.
Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:53
The complainant has been quoted by Telegraaf as having lawyers and ready for court action pending Red Bull's decision.
Negotiation phase in on :D =D>
Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:59
I don't see Ford or the FIA/LM being happy with that.
That is why they will need A LOT of money. :D
Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:53
If Horner is absolved of wrongdoing when the facts come out, it should be goodnight Vienna for Telegraaf and the complainant. The telegraaf would know that too.
As said...there is most probably not nothing, otherwise this would be cleared already.
But...the woman is grilled, she can just make sure she gets enough money from it. Telegraaf will just go on, they made some clickbait and profited. If there is more $hit they will profit a bit more on it. But after some time...the topic will close itself for them, no matter what happens.
f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:51
zeroday wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:48

My current bet is...they try to make it go away with money. If this does not work, they play on time...
So basically F1 and the teams fine words about equality and how we must live up to standards is all false, as soon as they fall foul, instead of fixing the environment they sweep it away with money.
Well...good morning?
You realized where we ride this and next week? Do you need some fine words on equality at Saudi? :?
Don`t russel the hamster!

hollus

I suggest that we leave morals out of the discussion.
Because, like with politics, your perdonal views and limits are bound to be different from those of most other people, and no agreement and no convincing will occur.
Nothing good will come out of discussing other people’s morals.
Rivals, not enemies.

Cs98
Cs98

basti313 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 16:16
Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:44
"They" don't seem to be united on the issue, hence the stalling. If the Thai side is just digging their heels in to protect Horner it could get ugly.
THIS I can not see. Horner collecting Marko with his plane, walking with Newey in the paddock last week. All we saw and see is not showing any issues. Also from Verstappen side, what should be their issue with Horner and why say completely contrary in interviews? Fits to the story last year where Minzlaff was after Marko, now he is after Horner...come on...
The politics would be on if there would be any issue, but you hear and see really NOTHING.
I believe this is media made up.

But you are right on the Thai. If the story really goes sideways, the issue is that the Thai need to give the ok. In principle Minzlaff could just sack him legaly, but I guess he simply will not risk his job on this.
We don't know for sure the underlying situation, but there's certainly a lot of reporting on the fractured ownership and there has been since even before this. Marko is a RB Austria man, they were never after him, it was reported Horner tried to oust him last year. As far as them projecting a united picture to the outside world, well obviously that's what you do. You don't invite the press to start feasting on divisions within the team with official statements. The fact they aren't showing any issues to the world means nothing. As for why they would have a problem with Horner. Well, if Horner has done something inappropriate it becomes a big distraction for the team and a PR issue. Obviously the likes of Marko, Verstappen and Newey have little interest in putting up with that, it's not conducive to winning.

Wouter

Christian Horner set to be cleared of inappropriate behaviour

50-year-old F1 team principal cleared after investigation into alleged inappropriate
behaviour towards female colleague

Wednesday February 28 2024, 3.00pm GMT, The Times

Chistian Horner is set to be cleared of misconduct by an independent Red Bull investigation after allegations that he acted inappropriately towards a female employee.

While it remains to be seen if his position as team principal of Oracle Red Bull Racing is affected, The Times understands the 50-year-old is due to be exonerated by the independent barrister employed to review the evidence.

A statement is due to be released by the team’s parent company, Red Bull Austria, later this afternoon, but the news — when confirmed — should come as a huge relief for Horner before the opening race of the Formula 1 season in Bahrain this weekend.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e5c7 ... 66908ff7d5
The Power of Dreams!

f1isgood
f1isgood

Glad this saga is over. After this, it is basically court case if there was any truth to the accusations.

Watto
Watto

If the barrister has cleared him I think it’s the end of story

langedweil

Apparently there will be an official statement right about the half hour mark .. let's say 15mins from now
HuggaWugga !

Alex_Z
Alex_Z

Hope his victim has the right support with the incoming abuse towards her from rbr fans
Last edited by Alex_Z on 28 Feb 2024, 17:20, edited 2 times in total.

Luscion
Luscion

djones
djones

Alex_Z wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:19
Hope his victim has the right support with the incoming abuse towards her from rbr fans
The victim has likely just been given a significant payment to sign away them pursuing this, so I suspect they won't care too much.

Rikhart
Rikhart

deleted
Last edited by Rikhart on 28 Feb 2024, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

AMG.Tzan

Classic Red Bull!

They’ll never accuse any one of Horner, Marko or Verstapen for something!

Had it been a junior driver he would have been fired without even investigating him…just by the accusations 😂

Embarrassing! I hope Ford takes action at least…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

AMG.Tzan wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:24
Classic Red Bull!

They’ll never accuse any one of Horner, Marko or Verstapen for something!

Had it been a junior driver he would have been fired without even investigating him…just by the accusations 😂

Embarrassing! I hope Ford takes action at least…
But he's been cleated based on the report by an independent party, not Red Bull HR.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Wouter

langedweil wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:18
Apparently there will be an official statement right about the half hour mark .. let's say 15mins from now
Yes, 4.30 pm CET. Horner just landed in Bahrain.

The Power of Dreams!