2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

CjC wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 13:30
Ground Effect wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 12:11
Like all leading teams, McLaren considered whether to try to sign Newey, but Brown is confident enough in the strength of the team now that he says he is not going to pursue him.

"We're not going to sign Adrian," Brown says. "I'm very happy with the team. Adrian is a great friend, huge talent, resume [CV] second to none. But with what we have in place here, I couldn't be happier. We can get the job done. I'm happy with the race team we have and we're going to try to win the world championship with the team sitting here today."

There's that.

Full article https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/clynnlndevjo
Yep.
We can now continue to watch the stroll team fans cream themselves over the prospect of signing him :lol:
I agree with Zac I think it would upset the apple cart too much at Mclaren, who have proved they are more than capable of hauling in Neweys input at Red Bull.

I think the upside to siding him would potentially give his new team a head start on design or at the very least allow them to catch up in the design office fairly quickly but that just adds pressure to his new team- especially the high expectations from the fans who no doubt didn’t know/ forgot that it took him 3 seasons to create a racing winning car, 4 to create a championship winner.
It wouldn't surprise me if Zak was doing Newey a favour by feigning talks to sign him and force Strolls purse to open a little more. I'd be more surprised if he didn't lol
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

mwillems wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 19:56
CjC wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 13:30
Ground Effect wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 12:11
Like all leading teams, McLaren considered whether to try to sign Newey, but Brown is confident enough in the strength of the team now that he says he is not going to pursue him.

"We're not going to sign Adrian," Brown says. "I'm very happy with the team. Adrian is a great friend, huge talent, resume [CV] second to none. But with what we have in place here, I couldn't be happier. We can get the job done. I'm happy with the race team we have and we're going to try to win the world championship with the team sitting here today."

There's that.

Full article https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/clynnlndevjo
Yep.
We can now continue to watch the stroll team fans cream themselves over the prospect of signing him :lol:
I agree with Zac I think it would upset the apple cart too much at Mclaren, who have proved they are more than capable of hauling in Neweys input at Red Bull.

I think the upside to siding him would potentially give his new team a head start on design or at the very least allow them to catch up in the design office fairly quickly but that just adds pressure to his new team- especially the high expectations from the fans who no doubt didn’t know/ forgot that it took him 3 seasons to create a racing winning car, 4 to create a championship winner.
It wouldn't surprise me if Zak was doing Newey a favour by feigning talks to sign him and force Strolls purse to open a little more. I'd be more surprised if he didn't lol
In return for the option to borrow his Yacht if it's nicer than Zak's lol
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

CjC
CjC

Small upgrade chatter again
Supposedly a new floor is in the pipeline

Paywalled again:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/jon-n ... /10642796/

Or

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/jon- ... /10642986/
Just a fan's point of view

agnideep
agnideep

Tbh out technical department has excellent personalls such as rob marshal, mark temple, peter prodromou and neil houldey . so we don't need newey to destabilise the technical department

SSJ4
SSJ4

rob marshall was around during 05/06 mass damper renault days. no doubt hes been helping with these current regs and will help during next reg change in 2026

ScottR267
ScottR267

I still think it could be Zak with smoke and mirrors over the Newey situation.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

ScottR267 wrote:
09 Aug 2024, 17:15
I still think it could be Zak with smoke and mirrors over the Newey situation.
Newey is almost certainly going to AMR, I think the only curve ball would be if he ended up at Williams
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

mwillems

Beautiful curve ball though.

-Bandit

mwillems

When did he break a rib?

-Bandit

BMMR61

Did Oscar get the Zak Brown bear hug after the Hungary race? :D

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

God, racing with a fractured rib must have been painful in the corners and maybe even under braking/acceleration given how they sit in the cockpit.

Even more respect to Oscar for that one then!!
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

_cerber1

mwillems wrote:
11 Aug 2024, 12:19
When did he break a rib?

Silverstone

mwillems

_cerber1 wrote:
11 Aug 2024, 21:23
mwillems wrote:
11 Aug 2024, 12:19
When did he break a rib?

Silverstone
Yeah I've just seen it has the date of July 8th on the scan, the week after Silverstone.

-Bandit

CjC
CjC

How did he break it?
Just a fan's point of view

Darth-Piekus

Second half on the season in two weeks from now. It's time to bring a good upgrade that will open the distance amd help us cover possible strategy mistakes by sheer speed. 10 races to go. We can get the WCC but let's give it our all to get the WDC also.