Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Redragon

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Watto wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:20
dans79 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:07
Watto wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:04
And the accuser has the right of appeal
That wording makes no sense to me (in the release), it was an internal investigation not an actual court case!
Fair point but just they can take the complaint to court/arbitration if not happy

Seems to indicate there wasn’t a resolution between parties ( payment etc though could be cleaver PR)
I think it is even fairer process if she can appeal if not happy.

mendis
mendis

Redragon wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:24
Watto wrote:
dans79 wrote:

That wording makes no sense to me (in the release), it was an internal investigation not an actual court case!
Fair point but just they can take the complaint to court/arbitration if not happy

Seems to indicate there wasn’t a resolution between parties ( payment etc though could be cleaver PR)
"She"?

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Watto wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Watto wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:04
And the accuser has the right of appeal

This was an internal process. The accuser has external mechanisms they can now use, ACAS for example, that they can employ if they feel like the issue has not been resolved.

You would have to use internal processes before taking it to external tribunals.

Redragon

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:26
Redragon wrote:
Watto wrote:

"She"?
As the accuser if she feels the result of the investigation is not right and can appeal it. I think makes the process even fairer and independent from the public eye point of view. So there is not speculations that Redbull is hidding or paying or whatever to the now "no victim" as it stands. Clearing any suspicious behaviour of trying to hide the case.

Cs98
Cs98

f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:10
langedweil wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:49
f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:47

Nope, just facts posted.
Often made mistake: taking opinions for facts ..
Which part is opinion and which isn't fact.

1. The lawyer was hired by Thai's? I think that was reported, so fact.
2. It was reported he went on holiday. So I'd put that down as fact.
3. So we have the Owners son, have you read up on that, I presume you think that he was protected after killing a policeman is just opinion then?
Often made mistake: taking reporting for facts...

mendis
mendis

Redragon wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:32
mendis wrote:
Redragon wrote:

"She"?
As the accuser if she feels the result of the investigation is not right and can appeal it. I think makes the process even fairer and independent from the public eye point of view. So there is not speculations that Redbull is hidding or paying or whatever to the now "no victim" as it stands. Clearing any suspicious behaviour of trying to hide the case.
Do we know if it was a female?

Quantum

Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:33
f1jcw wrote:
langedweil wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:49

Often made mistake: taking opinions for facts ..

3. So we have the Owners son, have you read up on that, I presume you think that he was protected after killing a policeman is just opinion then?
Red Bull confirmed the appointment of the Barrister by Chalerm Yoovidhya.
Is there dispute with the report that the barrister didn't go on Holiday?
"Interplay of triads"

basti313
basti313

Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 16:27
basti313 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 16:16
Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:44
"They" don't seem to be united on the issue, hence the stalling. If the Thai side is just digging their heels in to protect Horner it could get ugly.
THIS I can not see. Horner collecting Marko with his plane, walking with Newey in the paddock last week. All we saw and see is not showing any issues. Also from Verstappen side, what should be their issue with Horner and why say completely contrary in interviews? Fits to the story last year where Minzlaff was after Marko, now he is after Horner...come on...
The politics would be on if there would be any issue, but you hear and see really NOTHING.
I believe this is media made up.

But you are right on the Thai. If the story really goes sideways, the issue is that the Thai need to give the ok. In principle Minzlaff could just sack him legaly, but I guess he simply will not risk his job on this.
We don't know for sure the underlying situation, but there's certainly a lot of reporting on the fractured ownership and there has been since even before this. Marko is a RB Austria man, they were never after him, it was reported Horner tried to oust him last year. As far as them projecting a united picture to the outside world, well obviously that's what you do. You don't invite the press to start feasting on divisions within the team with official statements. The fact they aren't showing any issues to the world means nothing. As for why they would have a problem with Horner. Well, if Horner has done something inappropriate it becomes a big distraction for the team and a PR issue. Obviously the likes of Marko, Verstappen and Newey have little interest in putting up with that, it's not conducive to winning.
??? So what is your argument?

I said: "I believe this is media made up."
You said "but there's certainly a lot of reporting"

And in the same: "there has been since even before this" and "Well, if Horner has done something inappropriate"
What???

I mean...maybe there is something, but besides some media nonsense, there is not a single sign that RedBull internally has an issue. Not that it matters, they will win unfortunately the next two years anyways. But I fear this is the most illogical assumption on the whole grid that necessarily the winning team is actually running a soap opera in the background. :D

I mean...if you want to see a soap opera, I would know which teams to check out...not the one with bonuses and Champaign all the time...
Don`t russel the hamster!

basti313
basti313

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:36
Redragon wrote:
mendis wrote:
"She"?
Maybe that IS the issue??? Come on...

mendis
mendis

basti313 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:41
mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:36
Redragon wrote:

Maybe that IS the issue??? Come on...
Assumptions are dangerous. Unless official statement mentions of it, I would stay away from assuming a gender.

basti313
basti313

Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:38
Cs98 wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

So what are you actually talking about?
'He who pays the piper calls the tune'? Is this clear only by NOW?

Whatever happened happened.
Still it is not gone away...unless they settled on the money with him/her/them. I fear you are reading too much into THE BARRISTER (giving it a bit more by caps...).

mendis
mendis

Quantum wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

You have a link to the report that says it was Chalerm Yoovidhya appointed? Share it please. I googled and couldn't find one.

organic

:mrgreen: this one is over

We can get racing now

Quantum

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:46
Quantum wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

You have a link to the report that says it was Chalerm Yoovidhya appointed? Share it please. I googled and couldn't find one.
(reported below with link and quote)

Edit....I knew I wasn't imagining things
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-horner- ... ull-61829/
The reason is also the internal investigation from last Friday, which was carried out by a seemingly independent lawyer for Red Bull. Apparently because the lawyer was appointed by the Thais. He interviewed Horner and the employee, among others, for eight hours and was then supposed to submit a final report. But it never arrived at Red Bull headquarters in Austria. The good man preferred to go on vacation first. He couldn't be reached by phone, which is why Red Bull only speaks of "conscious disappearance".

The interesting aspect of the article is that if the Harassment At Work angle is to be viewed from the business perspective and it did not occur at work, Red Bull might be leaving this to be a personal matter between Horner and the complainant.
Last edited by Quantum on 28 Feb 2024, 19:26, edited 4 times in total.
"Interplay of triads"

Vanja #66

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 14:27
From what I've seen the public is mostly seeing through all this bs from RB PR team, so I could see them backing off and leaving Horner alone (for now) by Friday...
Was off by 20 days, but still called it :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie