BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zgred

Re: BrawnGP

www.crash.net wrote:Fresh from its 1-2 finish in the Italian Grand Prix last time out, a result which strengthened its lead in both the drivers' and constructors' championship battles, Brawn GP will introduce a new aerodynamic upgrade in Singapore this weekend as the F1 season heads into its final four races.

pipex
pipex

Great pics, thanks zgred! ^^
"We will have to wait and see".

wesley123
wesley123

and they revert back to the old wing...
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

axle
axle

Canon sponsorship??
- Axle

raceman

axle wrote:Canon sponsorship??
yes, only for Singapore night race though

modbaraban
modbaraban

raceman wrote:
axle wrote:Canon sponsorship??
yes, only for Singapore night race though
Looks fantastic though.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Yeah it does look great, but so much for the intended simpler area in front of the sidepod. :shock:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

dave34m
dave34m

Are you all serious, whats great or fantastic about putting Canon on the side of the car? I afraid I'm just not seeing it, whatever it is you guys are so impressed with.

djos

dave34m wrote:Are you all serious, whats great or fantastic about putting Canon on the side of the car? I afraid I'm just not seeing it, whatever it is you guys are so impressed with.
It's called nostalgia! those of us who followed F1 in the late 80's/ early nine fondly remember the great looking Williams cars with their prominent Canon sponsorship.
"In downforce we trust"

LEEBERT

here you go....

from my trip to Donnington last year

LEEBERT

another...

bjpower
bjpower

why is it that the end plates of the front wing end so abruptly?
i would have imagined a gentle slope to the outside would be better in terms of drag.
from my understanding the point is to push the air around the wheels.
but it looks to be almost a L shape.

marcush.
marcush.

bjpower wrote:why is it that the end plates of the front wing end so abruptly?
i would have imagined a gentle slope to the outside would be better in terms of drag.
from my understanding the point is to push the air around the wheels.
but it looks to be almost a L shape.
if you look closely the end plate has a nice curve at the bottom ,the sharp l-shape is only at the very top .

what I find a bit puzzling is there is no blending of the wingprofiles into the endplates ...wouldn´t a more detailed approach here give a lot of benefit over just bolting on a flat piece ?

dave34m
dave34m

djos wrote:
dave34m wrote:Are you all serious, whats great or fantastic about putting Canon on the side of the car? I afraid I'm just not seeing it, whatever it is you guys are so impressed with.
It's called nostalgia! those of us who followed F1 in the late 80's/ early nine fondly remember the great looking Williams cars with their prominent Canon sponsorship.
Oh Ok, if you want to get all nostalgic about a corporate logo then knock yourselves out.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

dave34m wrote:
djos wrote:
Oh Ok, if you want to get all nostalgic about a corporate logo then knock yourselves out.
You either get it or you don't

I recon it looks superb...a real F1 sponsorship logo..
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM