2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
yooogurt

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Fakepivot wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 14:28
I thought they mostly fixed bouncing before Monza, like I didn't notice anything in Zandvoort or spa or even hungry, race pace there was pretty good not as bad as Austria or Silverstone
They used the floor from Imola, slightly modified, instead of Barcelona spec, no?
And on the Barcelona one, you could get rid of the bouncing, you had to lift the car, but it would cost the pace.
FORZA FERRARI!

bananapeel23

Space-heat wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 15:02
Fakepivot wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 14:28
I thought they mostly fixed bouncing before Monza, like I didn't notice anything in Zandvoort or spa or even hungry, race pace there was pretty good not as bad as Austria or Silverstone
I think they were setting the cars up to mitigate bouncing during that time which might not have been an ideal setup for pure pace.
That is my understanding as well. They had horrific bouncing between Canada and Silverstone, then started to mitigate it through setup compromises in Hungary. In Spa and Zandvoort they didn't suffer from severe bouncing, but were still suffering from reduced performance due to setup compromises. In Monza they brought the new floor, which seemed to completely solve the bouncing without forcing them out of their ideal performance window.

So yes, they had solved the bouncing by Hungary; but up until Monza, it came at the cost of performance. They gained a boatload of performance in Monza because they didn't have to raise the floor to prevent bouncing, which also improved their tyre warmup, since they could put more energy into the tyres.

It's tragic, really. If they didn't push out terrible updates from Spain until Hungary and Leclerc maintained his season average points haul (disregarding the 4 races where the updates ruined the car), he would have had something like an additional 50 points. Ferrari would be leading the WCC comfortably and Leclerc would be within 30 points of Max.

dialtone
dialtone

Every team pushed out terrible updates. I can’t blame them for trying to push the envelope. Some teams are still figuring it out and they aren’t.

Sevach
Sevach

Cedo wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 16:06
The FW is like a noodle now
Pretty flexy yeah.

ScuderiaLeo

Vasseur seems to imply in this interview that if any clear upgrades are to come, it won't be for a few races. Upgrading the SF-24 is (understandably) no longer a priority.

The double victory in Austin was a testament to the progress made by the SF-24 with the latest parts brought by engineers led by Diego Tondi. These might not be the last updates we see from Maranello this year, but Vasseur was very clear in explaining the situation: "If we see something useful, we’ll bring it to the track. But not now; we’ll discuss this towards Qatar," said the French Team Principal directly. The development has entered a delicate phase where it's difficult to find major improvements. "I don't know what others are doing and the impact on performance and drivability. When you bring new parts, there can be some setup issues, so you might not make the expected progress right away. We're now talking about marginal gains."
https://formu1a.uno/it/doppietta-ferrar ... -in-qatar/