Lotus E20 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Gridlock

Re: Lotus E20 Renault

I count at least 3 hydraulic/pneumatic hoses and junctions coming out of the channels adjacent the tethers, no?

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bhall
bhall

Really?

(Click to enlarge)

Red Schneider
Red Schneider

And here I was starting to think Lotus was becoming cool again after the whole naming saga. Sigh. Back to zero.

Kiril Varbanov

Gridlock wrote:http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7716/lotuse20.png

I count at least 3 hydraulic/pneumatic hoses and junctions coming out of the channels adjacent the tethers, no?
I've disabled the IMG tags, no need to re-quote it too many times. I think I see position sensors close to the torsion springs?

Testarossa2012
Testarossa2012

Picture from Spanish Grand Prix:

Main teams front wing comparison:

http://formula12012testjerez.blogspot.c ... -prix.html

I hope you like it

bhall
bhall

That wing looks very damaged.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Damaged, but not TOTALED. :mrgreen:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Testarossa2012
Testarossa2012

bhallg2k wrote:That wing looks very damaged.
Uppps. Romain Gorjean seems have lost the TO

From Qualifying:

korzeniow
korzeniow

http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/ ... 9/968.html

That's confirms it. The team had to pass crash test again with the sidepods update, like Mercedes did
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

Richard
Richard

Team talk including the car's overall performance have been moved to the team thread :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12240

The aim of the car topics is to focus on features of the car itself. If a comment doesn't relate to an object on the car, then it doesn't belong in this topic. Further debate is in the moderating discussion. :arrow: viewtopic.php?p=348837#p348837

madly
madly

Q&A with James Allison before Canada

How different will the car be?

We’ll be taking a smaller rear wing with a front wing set up to balance that. One of the key factors is to make sure we have our braking configuration correctly set up with good levels of cooling to survive what is a very arduous race for the brakes. Luckily the car has been quite good on brakes throughout the year to date with no real issues to report.

How much of a concern is braking in Canada and what can you do because of this?

There are several high speed straights into low speed corners so the brakes receive repeated extreme use over the course of a lap. Canada is the most challenging circuit of the year from the point of view of the brake wear. Brake wear is largely a function of brake temperature, and so a lot of work must be done (using tools such as CFD, the wind tunnel and a brake dynamometer rig) to ensure adequate aerodynamic cooling of the disks and pads.

techF1LES

Two different versions of the front wing (note repositioned cameras:

Front wing viewed from behind:

korzeniow
korzeniow

techF1LES wrote:Two different versions of the front wing (note repositioned cameras:
[img]http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Lot ... 37.jpg[img]
The upper one is China spec, the bottom one is Barcelona spec but in Monaco configuration (has gurney flaps).

I'm supprised they brought bigger downforce frnt wings. In Bahrain they used Melbourne spec FW over China spec...
Last edited by Richard on 08 Jun 2012, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from earlier post
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

Neno
Neno

korzeniow wrote:
techF1LES wrote:Two different versions of the front wing (note repositioned cameras:
[img]http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Lot ... 37.jpg[img]
The upper one is China spec, the bottom one is Barcelona spec but in Monaco configuration (has gurney flaps).

I'm supprised they brought bigger downforce frnt wings. In Bahrain they used Melbourne spec FW over China spec...
i wondered if team decided to race with high front downforce wing, and low downforce rear wing. what can you gain in this configuration? too much front downforce over rear can hurt car stability?

i know last year they brought special front wing for canada race, and it didnt work out well, to low downforce numbers. and because of that they had problems in race.
Last edited by Richard on 08 Jun 2012, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from earlier post