2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
rssh

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Nando wrote:I´ll use the same analogy when i get to work.

"Sorry boss, but when i get to work and start working i am a worker therefore i will provide for myself...by any means necessary"

My time at work would go from being counted in years to being counted in seconds.
May be that's the difference between a job and a dream-job . In a job you just work for a target which a means to end at the end of the month but for a person who has a dream job will love to do extra and aim to succeed even if he/she is getting paid the same as everyone . I think that's the difference between a Racing Driver and a World Champion. Who asked Schumacher to keep on staying fit after the 4th WDC when he had already signed the contract till 2006 for Ferrari , similarly why did ALO train like an Olympic runner this winter =D>

myurr
myurr

Dragonfly wrote:jz11
did you actually watch the race or simply found a handy backing explanation to support your hatred?
When Vettel was exiting the pits Webber was all but in safe mode charging to the brim along the straight. And if it was an easy pass for Vettel would you please remind me how many laps it took to make it?
Errrm, you try and correct other people, even asking them if they watched the race, and then make the basic error of it being Vettel exiting the pits. It was actually Webber exiting the pits as the team had allowed Vettel to pit first getting the undercut.

Ral
Ral

It seems a bit weird to me that Webber is complaining about having to drive to the tyres' potential. They're always driving to the potential of the weakest part of their car and it just so happens that the RB9's weakest part is the tyre. Or the Kers implementation on Webber's car. Or the alternator in Vettel's. I can't remember now.

Anyway, the tyre might be the only part that's intentionally designed to be weaker than it could be, but all the teams signed up for a tyre spec to "spice up racing", so whose fault is that? And last year everyone started off saying it was a "tyre lottery" (except the actual technical people) and before halfway through the season the fans were already starting to complain that Pirelli had gone "too conservative" with their tyre choices.

In closing: A big, fat "whatever" from me. Shut up and drive the car you have as fast as you can within the constraints your car has. Everyone does and as ably demonstrated by Rosberg and Hamilton in this race, that involves more than just pedal to the metal these days. If you can't bring up the patience to do that, by all means go and find another category that allows you to race full-speed and not be artificially limited in some way. Good luck with that.

sAx
sAx

+1 Likey to run a lot further than, "...Alonso is faster than you"!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

aral
aral

iotar__ wrote:If you ever needed proof how full of it Red Bull are here comes the spin. Let's throw tyres into that, of course. As a distraction:
After the race, Ted Kravitz did state that there appeared to be some ambiguity about the situation. And now Webber is saying the same thing. Hardly the fault of another site, if they quote Webber, is it?

Vasconia

I think some people forget sentences like this one:

“ Mark, maintain the gap with Seb.” Horner.

...and Mark maintained the gap, so common sense says Vettel had to the same yesterday, he did not.

Now imagine a hypothetic situation in Chuina, Monaco or Brazil where Mark is faster than Seb and the german is fighting for the championship. I am sure he will expect some help from Mark, even if he doesn’t deserve it.

Seb, use your brain next time.

rssh

Vasconia wrote:I think some people forget sentences like this one:

...and Mark maintained the gap, so common sense says Vettel had to the same yesterday, he did not.

Now imagine a hypothetic situation in Chuina, Monaco or Brazil where Mark is faster than Seb and the german is fighting for the championship. I am sure he will expect some help from Mark, even if he doesn’t deserve it.

Are you seriously saying that Mark was maintaining the gap ? He was from the word get go at SEB in the last 5 laps of British GP 2011 and Seb was defending well till the end . Mark couldn't pass him in the end that doesn't mean that he was maintaining the gap . The explanation given to Mark during the conversation about maintaining the gap was that Seb's strategy had been compromised for clean air . No one can ever claim that Mark maintained the Gap ,he just couldn't pass in the end and his expression were clear on the podium ceremony . This is just one of the race highlights were mark didn't obey instruction . I think RB is not happy because a win in one's 200th race is special which SEB stole in the end.

myurr
myurr

We don't know that. As people have been quick to point out, we don't have a copy of every message sent. What we do have is the team, Mark, and even Vettel through his apology saying that there was an order and it was either misunderstood (if you believe Vettel) or ignored (if you believe everyone else).

myurr
myurr

rssh wrote:

Are you seriously saying that Mark was maintaining the gap ? He was from the word get go at SEB in the last 5 laps of British GP 2011 and Seb was defending well till the end . Mark couldn't pass him in the end that doesn't mean that he was maintaining the gap . The explanation given to Mark during the conversation about maintaining the gap was that Seb's strategy had been compromised for clean air . No one can ever claim that Mark maintained the Gap ,he just couldn't pass in the end and his expression were clear on the podium ceremony . This is just one of the race highlights were mark didn't obey instruction . I think RB is not happy because a win in one's 200th race is special which SEB stole in the end.
He attacked twice in two laps and then backed off. He didn't look at another overtake after that, just followed in his wheel tracks. Exactly how Rosberg did this last race.

Juzh

rssh wrote:

This has been explained about a 1000 times in this thread already but its still like talking to a brick wall. No one listens, and just tell themselves what they want to hear, so no point in trying to argue with them.

Shakeman

Pit radio 13:40 onwards are where the RB & Merc team orders begin. Clearly it's not the complete transmissions but it's more than the broadcasters show.

LH "It definitely didn't feel right to me.." when talking to Brawn post race regarding holding Nico back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xppm9tz ... e=youtu.be

Apologies if this has been posted before but did check a few pages back and couldn't see it.
Last edited by Shakeman on 25 Mar 2013, 17:29, edited 2 times in total.

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

Maybe Mark did ignore team orders at silverstone 2011, and just maybe he was severely chastised for it..would that not add to the discontent??

As he said himself, paraphrased a bit, people think they know the whole situation but they don't..and certainly no one on this forum knows.

Vasconia

Well, I have not been in the previous 1000 discussions so I give my opinion.

If you want to defend Vettels attitude is your problem, the fact is that when Vettel is behind Mark something happens (Turkey 2010, yesterday) and when it is the opposite there is much less drama (apart from some tense radio messages). And this is a fact, if you don’t like you can ignore the reality but it will be there.

fiohaa
fiohaa

cannot believe the hate Vettel is getting, its absolutely pathetic.
Even Ted Kravitz went 'oh hes gone down in my estimation' - boo hoo Ted - get over it.

Vettel doesn't owe anyone anything. He's rich (as they all are), why would he care what the 'fans' think - he doesn't owe anything to any 'fans'. People are reacting as if he owes them something, its so stupid.

i couldn't give a crap - its like all of you have vested emotionally in it or something. I'd understand if you'd all paid money and bet on Webber winning, maybe then you have some justification to be a bit annoyed.

all i care about is the racing, and since thats gone out the window with these pirelli's, might as well just enjoy some of the drama - i treat it F1 now like top gear or something - its not about racing or motorsport, its just a bit of abstract entertainment, and for people on here, it does have an interesting technical aspect.

If Vettel wins the championship this year, believe me, everyone will go 'well its a good thing he took the initiative and bagged those extra 7 points'. History won't remember the time he forced his way past Webber. Its not even remotely important.

Fact - he has beaten Webber 3 years in a row in the same machinery.
Fact - he consistently outperforms Webber (obviously).
Fact - he even said himself in the interview in the pen - he does not care about what others think, its an internal team issue.

i guess tv need a narrative, something to report and make a fuss about.

i liked the fact that Vettel showed some ruthlessness, its the difference between the great drivers and the good ones (Vettel to Webber, in other words)
Last edited by fiohaa on 25 Mar 2013, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Fastest and most deserving driver in terms of race pace won. End of story. This is not about the feelings and nice behavior, it's motorsport.