2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Cylinder
Cylinder

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

gandharva wrote:How funny to see all the Vettel haters comment here and downvote a fantastic drive. :lol:
It was a great drive.....

Apart from breaking his own wing against senna's car

and Apart from Breaking his front wing against a sign during the safety car

And apart from having to give his place back to grosjean or face a drive through.

And apart from being stuck behind button on fresh softs when button is on old mediums.

Other than that...it was a fantastic drive imo.

Intego

mx_tifoso wrote:I didn't watch the race live, but do you guys think it's worth watching it?
I'll watch it again tonight! 8)
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

gandharva

Cylinder wrote:
gandharva wrote:How funny to see all the Vettel haters comment here and downvote a fantastic drive. :lol:

And apart from having to give his place back to grosjean or face a drive through.

And apart from being stuck behind button on fresh softs when button is on old mediums.

In Kimis words... I don't give a s h i t on details. Imo all the haters and fanboys should crush their heads. What I want are good, intense, exciting and entertaining races. And well... the Arabs delivered. Today was one of the best races since watching Lauda and Co. in my childhood. Looking forward to the next 2 races!

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Fantastic race. Its great to see some drivers push like hell like that. The F2012 is very fast with the medium tyres and the hard. The next races we will have the medium and hard combinaison, like at Malaysia, Monza. Alonso had some problem to put some temp to the tyres, but when the tyres was hot enough, nobody had an answer for him.

We saw that when the RBR is not in clean air, the car is not that fast. I really think race pace wise, Mclaren and Ferrari are as fast as Red Bull. The problem for Ferrari is the quali pace, the car is way too slow.

Vettel had a nex gearbox, i think a new engine, a race setup and with fresher softer tyres he was not faster than Alonso, and he had a lot of trouble to overtake Button, while he had a better top speed.

I really think Alonso will take this title, Ferrari will have a big upgrade for Austin ( Marc Géné said that ).

Anyway, Raikkonen and Alonso were fantastic today. Perez, since he sign to Mclaren, he is disgraceful. Ferrari have made a good choice to not choose him for next year.
Last edited by Lorenzo_Bandini on 04 Nov 2012, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

Cylinder
Cylinder

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote: Perez, since he sign to Mclaren, he is disgraceful. Ferrari have made a good choice to not choose him for next year.
Do you remember people suggesting Alonso vetoed Perez's move to Ferrari because he was too fast and scared of him..... :lol:

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

He made his own race difficult, but he payed the price and still ended up on the podium. Like him or hate him, but IMO that deserves some respect.
Wise words, but hardly many would notice ...
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

Intego

Cylinder wrote:

Please be objective. In nearly every race you see front wing debris flying around and nobody's immune.
The Ricciardo incident was not his fault and Vettel managed to avoid a collision. Maybe he shouldn't cry out his anger not stimulate the haters, but first I can understand his alarm and second Alonso is doing it all the time. It's like the soccer sissies after a foul – show it to the stewards.
Giving his place back after a failed passing attempt is a must do according to the regs and rather fair.
And consider that Buttons car was not a slow one, he is a good defender and had DRS behind Alonso for some time.

So calm down, still 50 points in the WDC. :)
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

raymondu999

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:Ferrari will have a big upgrade for Austin ( Marc Géné said that ).
I'm getting really bored of this. Haven't they said this since God-knows-when?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

richard_leeds wrote:Oh, I seem to have wandered into a fanboy forum. No more bleating about "how many overtakes did Vettel make" please, or this thread will be locked. :evil:
Thank the Lord for small pleasures of life. Too bad you cannot +1 the mods because the whole post deserved it. The voice of reason in a sea of yinyang.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Dragonfly wrote:
He made his own race difficult, but he payed the price and still ended up on the podium. Like him or hate him, but IMO that deserves some respect.
Wise words, but hardly many would notice ...
Im sorry, but Vettel is on podium only because of the two SC. The second one especially. It was a big gift. IMHO, he shows nothing in his drive today, that deserve the podium. With fresher tyres, he was not faster than Alonso, than Raikkonen, he overtake Button late in the race...

I dont understand why some said Massa had a bad race today, and then some say Vettel was good today. He even crash his car behind the safety car!

Today he was ---, he is an awesome driver but today he was ---. IMHO, his best races was at Spa. He was driving like a triple WDC.

WhiteBlue

Intego wrote:And consider that Buttons car was not a slow one, he is a good defender and had DRS behind Alonso for some time.
=D> +1
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

raymondu999 wrote:
Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:Ferrari will have a big upgrade for Austin ( Marc Géné said that ).
This weekend they had brought a lot of updates so they were not lying

Intego

After all there's some tension in the WCC: RBR almost clear, Ferrari consolidating 2nd, Lotus only 30 pts behind MCL and getting faster, Sauber only 12 behind MGP and consolidated against FI, and Caterham almost but in the end failed to snatch 10th position from Marussia.
There's still some fun out there ... 8)

Cylinder
Cylinder

WhiteBlue wrote:
Intego wrote:And consider that Buttons car was not a slow one, he is a good defender and had DRS behind Alonso for some time.
=D> +1
I think the concept of Alonso and Button being on the same tyres (medium) and same setups they had in quali

and Sebastian Vettel having fresh soft tyres and a setup primed for overtaking against car on medium tyres

is obviously lost on both of you.

CHT
CHT

raymondu999 wrote:
They did but Alonso claim it's only worth abfe hundredth