2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Watto
Watto

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

dialtone wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 05:05
Watto wrote:
dialtone wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 04:37

Funny story. Buxton just talked with Monaghan and said the brake issue is definitely not fixed 100%, shouldn’t happen again but not fixed, they need to redesign the brake. So I guess now this puts RBR in the naughty club for you.
Was just going to post was just on the telecast it was a build specification issue not assembly related. They though there was something wrong earlier in the weekend took it all apart found no issues. But issues obviously reoccurred on Sunday.
Clear sign of incompetence if you ask me. Happened twice the same weekend. Good teams never have recurring issues. /s
:lol: :lol: :D

Makes sense with what Peter WIndsor said in his post race analysis where he saw them working on that corner of the car, be did wonder if it was the bremco brakes but he wasn't far off really.

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 04:37
Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 20:49

Everything is reviewed but, if you can’t grasp that strategy decision making involves very different risk taking than screwing a carbon disk brake properly, I don’t think there’s much to talk about.
If you have consistent strategy problems for several years I'd say it's a sign your internal processes for reviewing are not having the desired result, so actually I do think it's a relevant example for "mistakes" as the comment was referring to.
Funny story. Buxton just talked with Monaghan and said the brake issue is definitely not fixed 100%, shouldn’t happen again but not fixed, they need to redesign the brake. So I guess now this puts RBR in the naughty club for you.
Why would it? Not all issues are fixable in two weeks if it's a design flaw. 5 years however... That's just incompetence.

Sevach
Sevach

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 06:23
A solid FP1 out of the way for the team. Both cars looked good. They started on the hard tire, did a soft tire run, and then switched back to the hard tire from the beginning of the session. Mclaren seems to think this will put Red Bull at a disadvantage compared to them because Stella believes it will be a high degradation race. We will see. Mclaren saved the hards and ran M-S-M instead.
I can interpret this as Mclaren intends to run soft-hard-hard in the race, Red Bull and Ferrari won't be able to do so because they discarded one hard tire.

In Bahrain Red Bull was fine(more than fine) running 2 sets of softs, one set of hards, maybe that's the plan again? And Ferrari is following the lead this time.

dialtone
dialtone

Sevach wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
A solid FP1 out of the way for the team. Both cars looked good. They started on the hard tire, did a soft tire run, and then switched back to the hard tire from the beginning of the session. Mclaren seems to think this will put Red Bull at a disadvantage compared to them because Stella believes it will be a high degradation race. We will see. Mclaren saved the hards and ran M-S-M instead.
I can interpret this as Mclaren intends to run soft-hard-hard in the race, Red Bull and Ferrari won't be able to do so because they discarded one hard tire.

In Bahrain Red Bull was fine(more than fine) running 2 sets of softs, one set of hards, maybe that's the plan again? And Ferrari is following the lead this time.
I doubt anyone will run any soft tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sevach
Sevach

dialtone wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 10:38
Sevach wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I doubt anyone will run mediums, i suspect they are just as bad as in Bahrain, no faster than the hards but less durable.
The softs have a strong pace(Max went 1.5 faster), and if it's cold on monday they should be important.

dialtone
dialtone

Sevach wrote:
dialtone wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 10:38
Sevach wrote: I can interpret this as Mclaren intends to run soft-hard-hard in the race, Red Bull and Ferrari won't be able to do so because they discarded one hard tire.

I doubt anyone will run mediums, i suspect they are just as bad as in Bahrain, no faster than the hards but less durable.
The softs have a strong pace(Max went 1.5 faster), and if it's cold on monday they should be important.
Norris did a fast s1 before redflag and his 2nd attempt was 1s slower. Earlier in the session people on mediums put on a few attempts improving each time.

SAI was 0.6s slower than LEC on hards on his first lap in the mini race sim.

The soft doesn’t last much and 1.5s between hard and soft is just average.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

We are very satisfied. We made relatively extensive updates and they worked.
The upgrades have worked.

https://www.gpblog.com/es/noticias/2683 ... nante.html

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Verstappen reports that the balance feels "quite nice" on the first medium tire run in FP3. Perez Small niggles though. Perez complained about PU drivability in the low-speed corners and Verstappen complained about vibrating mirrors.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Verstappen reports understeer on race sim.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I don't think they have a handle on this car here. Their race sims are just slow. Verstappen reports understeer. Verstappen's race sim was even worse than Perez. Both cars suffering with vibrating mirrors as well.

Perhaps more time is needed to understand the upgrades although Marko claimed it was okay yesterday.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

There was a high 1.27 in it. Max said last lap could have been better and he had 2-3 tenths on Perez all weekend.

I'm not sure what to attribute to track improvement vs development, but probably looking at 8-9 tenths delta over 1 lap.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Never count Max Verstappen out... It's clear he isn't comfortable or the package isn't optimised yet but he delivers when things get difficult.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

chrisc90

Back today

I imagine tomorrow will be well ahead of the others on race pace.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 09:08
Back today

I'm still a bit skeptical for the race. Ver is definitely not as happy with the car as he was here last year. He never said it was "on rails" or a "Rocketship". He wasn't all that impressed by his final lap either. Neither driver was all that impressed in FP3. I think the upgrades may need some fine tuning.

venkyhere
venkyhere

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 10:23
chrisc90 wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 09:08
Back today

I'm still a bit skeptical for the race. Ver is definitely not as happy with the car as he was here last year. He never said it was "on rails" or a "Rocketship". He wasn't all that impressed by his final lap either. Neither driver was all that impressed in FP3. I think the upgrades may need some fine tuning.
IMHO this is a GP#4 car, after a 'decent' car-difference season break. Cant be compared to GP#17 development stabilized car from last year.