2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
S D

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:32
franbatista123 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:28
Anyone has any source on some rumours of Ferrari fast tracking the Imola upgrades to Suzuka? Have read it on a few places but no trustworthy sources.
The source is Formu1a.uno, and they are fast tracking a small part of the upgrade planned for Imola.
The upgrades to Suzuka may be for correlation. If they do bring them doesn't mean that they will use it in the race, only that they might. They have done this in the past.

wickedz50
wickedz50

Any chance that the team will be using the low downforce rear wing in Japan, now that they have a win under their belt does it make sense to start taking some performance risk in Japan if it works.
What else is on the table for Suzuka? How to extract more straight line speed with minimum DF loss, hope the team is working on this one to at least match the Redbulls. Looks like Redbull has been working on this concept ever since their engine power deficit and now they have mastered it.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

no one used low wing in suzuka last year right? I think Ferrari also had mid-level wing. but last year sector 1 for ferrari was really bad compared to redbull and mclaren

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Red Bull will be out of reach regardless in Suzuka I think. The track's practically tailor-made for them.
Finishing ahead of McLarens will be a realistic target.

scuderiabrandon

wickedz50 wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 18:13
Any chance that the team will be using the low downforce rear wing in Japan, now that they have a win under their belt does it make sense to start taking some performance risk in Japan if it works.
What else is on the table for Suzuka? How to extract more straight line speed with minimum DF loss, hope the team is working on this one to at least match the Redbulls. Looks like Redbull has been working on this concept ever since their engine power deficit and now they have mastered it.
Hell no Suzuka is a high downforce circuit, more time spent cornering than on the straights.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

I don't know if it is the high from Australia, but I feel pretty good about Suzuka now. I just want us to get track evolution correctly in Q3 for once, as that could be the difference between P1 and P2 now with these cars making so much more dirty air.

Ferrari so far have been the best in the medium/medium-high speed corners while Red Bull and McLaren are best in the high speed. I think we will surprise by how close we are to Red Bull.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

I feel it will be closer than we might think. Expect the same package as Bahrain wing wise?
I feel RB and even MCL may be faster on quali, but gap between us and RB may be less on race pace, and we may have more than MCL on race pace, but it does depend on the day.

Vanja #66

Last year, RB19 had a very similar aero setup in Bahrain and Suzuka, though the beam wing of that level was changed over the season. You might think Ferrari ought to bring a different rear wing (due to the wing it ran last year) but that was a setup compromise. 6 tenths were lost in Q in S1 and 6 hundreds in S2 and S3 combined. S1 is where SF24 needs to prove itself and unless FP1 proves otherwise - McLaren is at least the 2nd favourite in Suzuka in my view. I expect a much better Ferrari, no doubt, but those Esses are very demanding and seem to require the car to be designed and optimised around those 220-250kmh speeds and it looks to me like McLaren is still a bit better there.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 20:13
Last year, RB19 had a very similar aero setup in Bahrain and Suzuka, though the beam wing of that level was changed over the season. You might think Ferrari ought to bring a different rear wing (due to the wing it ran last year) but that was a setup compromise. 6 tenths were lost in Q in S1 and 6 hundreds in S2 and S3 combined. S1 is where SF24 needs to prove itself and unless FP1 proves otherwise - McLaren is at least the 2nd favourite in Suzuka in my view. I expect a much better Ferrari, no doubt, but those Esses are very demanding and seem to require the car to be designed and optimised around those 220-250kmh speeds and it looks to me like McLaren is still a bit better there.
I agree with you, but also Suzuka has a lot of the "long" corners that McLaren's car doesn't like so much while we are up there with Red Bull. Looking at the data it still seems we struggle a little with quick direction change, although the behavior in medium-high speed is obviously much better than before.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

T16-17 will probably be a struggle for the car because of the quick direction change?
Last year struggled through the esses, do we think the sf24 will be better through there, I think the data suggests it should be much better

Sevach
Sevach

Vinlarr89 wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 22:20
T16-17 will probably be a struggle for the car because of the quick direction change?
Last year struggled through the esses, do we think the sf24 will be better through there, I think the data suggests it should be much better
No doubt it will be better, i think this is a much more competitive car in general, but specially at high speed corners.

Will it be enough to challenge Red Bull at a track tailor made for them? Probably not, i'm expecting Max to deliver a "sit down and be quiet" just like he did last year(Suzuka also coming after a Carlos win), but Perez isn't so good at Suzuka or tracks like that... is that a maybe?
As others have said Mclaren should also punch above their weight around Suzuka.

Anyway, fighting words from Fred.
https://formu1a.uno/it/vasseur-la-sf-24 ... viluppare/

scuderiabrandon

unrelated since I'm not sure where to put this question but have pirelli announced the compounds for this race yet. I have no doubt it will be the C1-C3 but I would like an official announcement/ we link if possible thanks!

jambuka
jambuka

Have a feeling there is a lot more performance on the table even without any upgrades. Also they are bringing floor upgrade. Even if they don’t end up using it but nail the setup, I feel P2-P3 still possible. Feels like Australia may have been a turning point for them to fully understand the new car. Wouldn’t be surprised if they come with high def wing.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Ferrari has just looked a very good car in general for me so far, so I’d expect it to look very good again in Suzuka.

As others have said Red Bull in Max’s hands might look a bit special there but no reason for Ferrari to think they won’t go well here.

In general it looks such a more stable, predictable and responsive platform and that can only help at a place like Suzuka.

As said before, Red Bull and McLaren have strengths here and even Aston might go well in quali, but I expect Le Clerc and Sainz to fight for front row.

Vanja #66

scuderiabrandon wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 23:48
unrelated since I'm not sure where to put this question but have pirelli announced the compounds for this race yet. I have no doubt it will be the C1-C3 but I would like an official announcement/ we link if possible thanks!
Yes, Hard range for Japan and Middle range for China and Miami

https://press.pirelli.com/these-are-the ... and-miami/
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie