2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:54
I don't have enough time to find the post, but in a different post you said Red Bull would have an easy win in Miami. I remember it because I was annoyed by it.
Did Norris not win because of Safety Car? :o

Getting close to someone who still has an easy win is quite possible. How close was Norris to Sainz in Singapore, but was still never gonna win? Is Miami not known for very few passes?

AR3-GP wrote:
In any case, your own post are contradictory:
Vanja #66 wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:03
Red Bull are well in the lead and Imola will be more like Japan and China most likely,
Vanja #66 wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 18:08
So with all that, I think Ferrari will be able to get close to RB in Shanghai, Miami and Imola and possibly challenge for the win in Monaco and Canada.
In one you say Imola will be like Japan. In the other you say Ferrari will get close in Imola.

You know what you are doing :lol: . Stop this.
Indeed, they seem contradictory. What I didn't add is the apparent comparative advantage RB has when running Bahrain/Suzuka/China downforce level, which I noted in RB team thread the other day... Or, more accurately, the disadvantage they have when running lower-df levels in a track which is not a clear low-df track like Jeddah. We've seen this happen in Australia and now in Miami too. Same balance issues two times, though Miami is not a high-deg track so RB20 didn't have deg like it did in Australia.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

LM10 wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:56
AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:32
LM10 wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:26

Norris didn't manage to overtake Perez on track and after Perez went into pits he was not really closing the gap to Sainz. It was only after the SC on new hards when he was clearly faster than the rest, but he could have not gotten any more lucky pitting for new hards and restarting from P1. The tires hate to be put through a second heat cycle after cooling down which happened to everyone's tires behind Norris.
Not being able to overtake is a different matter. It's because of the circuit. I'm talking about Norris's pace in free air compared to everyone else in free air and that's what the teams care about too.

And by the way, Norris was eating Sainz alive after Perez pitted. I'm not sure what data you found. Norris was taking 3-4 tenths a lap from lap 19-26 when Sainz pitted, and then still going faster than Sainz,Leclerc, Verstappen by 1-2 tenths when those guys put on new hard tires. No one was talking about it in the race thread before the safety car. Only I made a post when I saw the laptimes:
AR3-GP wrote:
05 May 2024, 22:43
Norris's pace is unreal.

https://i.postimg.cc/BQNssZHc/image.png
I stand corrected. I didn’t pay much attention to it while watching. Norris managed to decrease the gap to Sainz by about 4 tenths per lap on average. Though, I think that Sainz might have stressed his tires more being within DRS range of Leclerc for several laps and pushing.

Though, the Hards Norris’ pace advantage (corrected for much fresher tires, free air and only one restart after SC) was not so big anymore. Especially Leclerc on 12 laps older tires than Norris and 7 or 8 laps older tires than Max managed it pretty well and basically matched Max’ pace despite being in his dirty air.
Norris was in the DRS range of Perez.

In the final stint on Hards, Norris wasn't really pushing. Norris tire advantage is overstated. There was no deg in Miami.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 09 May 2024, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

Xyz22
Xyz22

New race engineer for Charles.

yooogurt

AmateurDriver wrote:
09 May 2024, 19:01
Let me just say I'd bloody love to be proven wrong and way too pessimistic.
Well it wouldn't be such an active campaign to get Ferrari back to the top if that top wasn't important. I think after Elkann got burned with his favorite toy Juventus, he switched to a new one called Scuderia Ferrari F1, and now it is obvious that a lot of attention and action is given to the team.
FORZA FERRARI!

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

yooogurt wrote:
09 May 2024, 19:09
AmateurDriver wrote:
09 May 2024, 19:01
Let me just say I'd bloody love to be proven wrong and way too pessimistic.
Well it wouldn't be such an active campaign to get Ferrari back to the top if that top wasn't important. I think after Elkann got burned with his favorite toy Juventus, he switched to a new one called Scuderia Ferrari F1, and now it is obvious that a lot of attention and action is given to the team.
Agnelli/Elkann are upside-down King Midas. All that they touch is turned into s**t.

Luscion
Luscion

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Xyz22 wrote:
09 May 2024, 19:07

New race engineer for Charles.
Long overdue, although I will miss the weekly “xavi don’t talk to me in the corners” routine

dialtone
dialtone

Luscion wrote:
Xavi built a backlog of things he’s checking and now has all the time to check.

yooogurt

AR3-GP wrote:
09 May 2024, 19:05
In the final stint on Hards, Norris wasn't really pushing.
There is no way that Norris did not push not only in last stint, even at the end stint when the first victory in F1 was looming, more than sure that he push on all hundred to get the maximum possible gap in case of a surprising vsc at the end.
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

AmateurDriver wrote:
09 May 2024, 19:14
Agnelli/Elkann are upside-down King Midas. All that they touch is turned into s**t.
But right now Ferrari in a best position in a turbo era ever, and can turned to some similiar as Schumacher, Todt, Brawn era, after Vigne was moved away from interfering in the team's affairs and Elkann started acting on his own.
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

Luscion wrote:
Goodbye to dreams of hearing the monster duo of Xavi + Ham on the radio. :cry:
FORZA FERRARI!

Cs98
Cs98

AR3-GP wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:43
AR3-GP wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:35
You said the same thing before Miami.
Refresh your memory

Vanja #66 wrote:
So with all that, I think Ferrari will be able to get close to RB in Shanghai, Miami and Imola and possibly challenge for the win in Monaco and Canada.
I don't have enough time to find the post, but in a different post you said Red Bull would have an easy win in Miami. I remember it because I was annoyed by it.

In any case, your own post are contradictory:
Vanja #66 wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:03
Red Bull are well in the lead and Imola will be more like Japan and China most likely,
Vanja #66 wrote:
In one you say Imola will be like Japan and China. In the other you say Ferrari will get close in Imola.

You know what you are doing :lol: . Stop this.
Predict every outcome, quote the post which ended up being correct after the fact, look like you know what you're talking about.

dialtone
dialtone

yooogurt wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
09 May 2024, 19:05
In the final stint on Hards, Norris wasn't really pushing.
There is no way that Norris did not push not only in last stint, even at the end stint when the first victory in F1 was looming, more than sure that he push on all hundred to get the maximum possible gap in case of a surprising vsc at the end.
I agree. Norris was pushing until the last 4-5 laps.

https://f1pace.com/p/2024-miami-gp-was- ... to-damage/

We’re not even the only one that agree on this topic, that’s an article that also shares the same:
I’m sure some people will say that the gap wasn’t representative in S2 because Lando could’ve been saving the tires just to avoid any major surprises, but I find that unlikely. Norris kept doing strong lap after strong lap, and it wasn’t until the last few laps that it was clear that Max wasn’t going to get to him. You can even see how from laps 46 to 51 Max picked up the pace and tried to close the gap, but was unable to.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

yooogurt wrote:
09 May 2024, 19:25
AmateurDriver wrote:
But right now Ferrari in a best position in a turbo era ever, and can turned to some similiar as Schumacher, Todt, Brawn era, after Vigne was moved away from interfering in the team's affairs and Elkann started acting on his own.
Montezemolo was key to Schumi-era greatness. He was as passionate as Enzo and has always been a Ferrari man and a racer at heart. On the other hand, if you were italian you'd know one has to expect nothing good (and nothing new) coming from the Agnelli side.

Vanja #66

AmateurDriver wrote:
09 May 2024, 19:33
Montezemolo was key to Schumi-era greatness.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Please also keep your posts on topic of Ferrari. Juventus and other business ventures of Agnelli family have nothing to do with Ferrari
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie