2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
maygun
maygun

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Emag wrote:
09 May 2024, 21:19
bananapeel23 wrote:
09 May 2024, 21:12
If we're expecting a performance gain of anywhere from 0.25 to 0.4 tenths. Where would that leave Ferrari? Does anyone have strategy and outlier-adjusted race pace data from previous GPs to compare against? I keep seeing 2 tenths this, 4 tenths that. Does that translate to beating Red Bull (Verstappen) at any of the previous races, or does it simply bring Ferrari very, very close to them? What has the average pace difference between Verstappen and the best Ferrari been at any given race? I know the difference at Miami was negligible, but Miami was also a massive outlier. How much would it take to surpass Verstappen at say, Japan or Jeddah?

I know Red Bull are also bringing some decent upgrades at Imola, but could we reasonably expect Ferrari to actually become regular contender for race wins if the improvement predictions from Ferrari turn out to be true? Could they at least be expected to be favourite at certain tracks? Is it just a classic case of hot air and Ferrari hype trains?

I know this question isn't that technical in nature, but I'd love to see the data, which (I think?) qualifies it for this thread?
China was the worst race and Australia was the best race for Ferrari. Everywhere else, they have been behind RedBull but by less than 0.4s per lap on average.

If the update delivers these numbers, it could mean that Ferrari moves ahead of RedBull.
Allegedly RedBull also bringing some upgrades, it would depend on how much of an upgrade RB is brining.

yooogurt

bananapeel23 wrote:
Does that translate to beating Red Bull (Verstappen) at any of the previous races, or does it simply bring Ferrari very, very close to them? What has the average pace difference between Verstappen and the best Ferrari been at any given race?
Average gap to bulls 3-4 tenth in race pace. In the past five races uprage should bring Ferrari close to Verstappen, and in Australia + Miami Ferrari should be beating RB for sure with 2.0 package.
ps. By the way, it's an interesting comparison of the similarity of the tracks
from the author:
"X and Y axes doesn't have a meaning by themselves, they are a combination of different features (throttle %, corner density, corner variance, avg. speed...)"
FORZA FERRARI!

deadhead

Cs98 wrote:
09 May 2024, 21:21
bananapeel23 wrote:
If we're expecting a performance gain of anywhere from 0.25 to 0.4 tenths. Where would that leave Ferrari? Does anyone have strategy and outlier-adjusted race pace data from previous GPs to compare against? I keep seeing 2 tenths this, 4 tenths that. Does that translate to beating Red Bull (Verstappen) at any of the previous races, or does it simply bring Ferrari very, very close to them? What has the average pace difference between Verstappen and the best Ferrari been at any given race? I know the difference at Miami was negligible, but Miami was also a massive outlier. How much would it take to surpass Verstappen at say, Japan or Jeddah?

I know Red Bull are also bringing some decent upgrades at Imola, but could we reasonably expect Ferrari to actually become regular contender for race wins if the improvement predictions from Ferrari turn out to be true? Could they at least be expected to be favourite at certain tracks? Is it just a classic case of hot air and Ferrari hype trains?

I know this question isn't that technical in nature, but I'd love to see the data, which (I think?) qualifies it for this thread?
With current RB spec. Jeddah, 3-4 tenths. Japan, 4-5 tenths. China, 7-8 tenths.
We should note that most of these races were in "colder" conditions, at least compared to what is expected for the rest of the season.

Las Vegas is likely going to be cold again, so that would be the outlier.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

Emag wrote:
09 May 2024, 21:19
bananapeel23 wrote:

China was the worst race and Australia was the best race for Ferrari. Everywhere else, they have been behind RedBull but by less than 0.4s per lap on average.

If the update delivers these numbers, it could mean that Ferrari moves ahead of RedBull.
Keep your expectations low. Optimism is something the Ferrari tifoso cannot afford. This is year particularly. Season is set to be even more frustrating than previous one from a certain point of view. Indeed on top of usual Ferrari blah blah ("the gap has shrunk!" - "we are one or two tenths behind!!" - "we'll fight to win after upgrades!" - just to switch narrative to "don't expect a single package of update to prove resolutive" after they saw what McLaren brought to Miami) we're having -surprise surprise- MaLaren overachieving after having under promised. And personally I can't help thinking it will be McLaren to unseat Red Bull, so we'll have McLaren after Red Bull after Mercedes after Red Bull, while for Ferrari (and us) the circle never closes.

yooogurt

AmateurDriver wrote:
09 May 2024, 22:32
Keep your expectations low. Optimism is something the Ferrari tifoso cannot afford. This is year particularly. Season is set to be even more frustrating than previous one from a certain point of view. Indeed on top of usual Ferrari blah blah ("the gap has shrunk!" - "we are one or two tenths behind!!" - "we'll fight to win after upgrades!" - just to switch narrative to "don't expect a single package of update to prove resolutive" after they saw what McLaren brought to Miami) we're having -surprise surprise- MaLaren overachieving after having under promised. And personally I can't help thinking it will be McLaren to unseat Red Bull, so we'll have McLaren after Red Bull after Mercedes after Red Bull, while for Ferrari (and us) the circle never closes.
We've been waiting for WDC for over 16 years, optimism its all we have
because
FORZA FERRARI!

LM10
LM10

AmateurDriver wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:44
LM10 wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:41
AmateurDriver wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:23

Very underwhelming indeed. Let's hope they'll end up second best in WCC (difficult). And let's acknowledge Vasseur's intellectual honesty nevertheless. He's not saying we're playing catch up, we're just one tenth behind, in the second half of the season blah blah... He's already saying "no way" even before traditional turning point of Barcelona.
Why on god’s earth is it difficult for Ferrari to end up second best in WCC?
Last time I checked there was a misterious orange car quite out of the reach of ours.
Last time I checked you didn't react like that when Ferrari was the car to beat in Australia.
What are you even up to praising McLaren after their upgrade package (which btw can't be judged fully after a single race) and ignoring the fact that Ferrari haven't brought an upgrade yet? Why are you talking like the performance gaps are locked in for the rest of the season? Please help me keep track with your flawed logic.

Also, regarding your post which says that Tifosi cannot afford optimism or that this season is set to be more frustrating than the previous one - talk for yourself. If you're happy being pessimistic, so be it.

I, at least, can bring reasons why Ferrari fans at the moment can be the most optimistic they've been in many years. You, on the other hand, create things out of thin air, such as Ferrari promising things performance-wise, but not achieving it. They've never done that this season. Equally, it's not true that McLaren has not promised anything.

Ferrari is shaping up to get a really solid team in it's entirety under Vasseur. Hamilton surely didn't decide to go there because of the luxury or the glamour or whatever you said. He will come to fight for the title and there must be a reason he's chosen Ferrari. Second big signing will be Newey most probably and that's only the tip of the iceberg. There have been various signings recently and it simply shows on track. I can't help you if you're not able to see the details and the differences to last years on and off track. Xavi's change of role (finally) is just another continuation of smart management and team building.

Also, Ferrari's 2026 PU is set to be the class of the field. So whichever direction I look at, I only see positives for the future and it smells like Ferrari could be the next dominating team starting 2026.

LM10
LM10

Vanja #66 wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:43
LM10 wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:41
Why on god’s earth is it difficult for Ferrari to end up second best in WCC?
Apparently, Scuderia Ferrari does not care about F1 at all. Wonder how they got to sign 7-time-champ with that kind of attitude :?
Some posts are absolutely hilarious. At some point it gets hard to decide whether to laugh or to cry as a reaction. :lol:

dialtone
dialtone

yooogurt wrote:interesting analysis from Formula Data Analysis

Not sure… RBR was going softer on suspensions and that slows you down in fast speed corners. They would need to check more than just a corner to determine that. Moreover they would need to check more than just quali.

Macklaren
Macklaren

LM10 wrote:
10 May 2024, 00:00

Also, Ferrari's 2026 PU is set to be the class of the field.
Source? Everything I've read says merc is ahead being the belief in the paddock

scuderiabrandon

Macklaren wrote:
10 May 2024, 02:08
LM10 wrote:

And the Aston Martin fans read Honda will have the best PU, same goes for the Red Bull fans. Anything you read regarding the competitiveness of teams 2 years from now is a bunch of horse shite.

dialtone
dialtone

scuderiabrandon wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
10 May 2024, 02:08
LM10 wrote:

And the Aston Martin fans read Honda will have the best PU, same goes for the Red Bull fans. Anything you read regarding the competitiveness of teams 2 years from now is a bunch of horse shite.
And even if what they heard is real. 2026 is so far away that there’s plenty of time to work on it

f1316
f1316

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... /10608352/

Kinda surprised we didn’t get any spy pics tbh.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1316 wrote:
10 May 2024, 03:00

The filming day is on Friday.

dialtone
dialtone

AR3-GP wrote:
f1316 wrote:

Are you absolutely positive you are not a closeted Ferrari fan?

jambuka
jambuka

dialtone wrote:
10 May 2024, 05:37
AR3-GP wrote:
f1316 wrote:

Are you absolutely positive you are not a closeted Ferrari fan?
Everybody is a Ferrari fan