2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MaxLL

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

K1Plus wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 13:32
If there's one team you'd bet to catch Red Bull it could only be Mercedes. Ferrari can build the outright fastest car, but even though Mercedes have recently struggled operationally with pit stops, strategies they can catch up on that part, and no doubt they'll do some creative work to hopefully bring W15 to the front.
I agree. Mercedes has every chance to catch up Red Bull. It will happen sooner or later. After all, every leader ceases to be a leader one day.

mendis
mendis

morefirejules08 wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 14:06
Chuckjr wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 06:18
organic wrote:
11 Jan 2024, 19:26
Merc and by extension Lewis not being at the front for another 2 years would be a net negative for the sport, even if it's true that the team has had a very strong decade
Not really.

The sport has gone along just fine with neither of them leading. Eight years of them was more than enough fill for the sport for many many years. Selfish to say otherwise tbh. In fact, Williams, Macca, Ferrari would be much more welcome and better for the sport leading than Merc. By a long shot actually. Not even close. I’d even bet many in this very Merc forum would have no problem with a Williams resurgence to the sharp end.
Better for the sport how precisely?
All that F1 racing fans needs is a fight at the front. It doesn't matter who would be resurgent. If it happens to be one of the iconic teams like Williams, McLaren or Ferrari, it would definitely bring more positive vibes than Mercedes, purely because of nostalgia and Marketing worlds love revival and resurgence of old and iconic brands as it brings more eyeballs.

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

mendis wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 20:49
morefirejules08 wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 14:06
Chuckjr wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 06:18

Not really.

The sport has gone along just fine with neither of them leading. Eight years of them was more than enough fill for the sport for many many years. Selfish to say otherwise tbh. In fact, Williams, Macca, Ferrari would be much more welcome and better for the sport leading than Merc. By a long shot actually. Not even close. I’d even bet many in this very Merc forum would have no problem with a Williams resurgence to the sharp end.
Better for the sport how precisely?
All that F1 racing fans needs is a fight at the front. It doesn't matter who would be resurgent. If it happens to be one of the iconic teams like Williams, McLaren or Ferrari, it would definitely bring more positive vibes than Mercedes, purely because of nostalgia and Marketing worlds love revival and resurgence of old and iconic brands as it brings more eyeballs.
Like you say, F1 needs a title fight and it doesn’t matter if it’s Williams, Redbull, Mercedes or HAAS.

Venturiation
Venturiation

organic

@fiagirly isn't a journalist. They make lots of mistakes - can we use proper sources?

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

organic wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 12:32
@fiagirly isn't a journalist. They make lots of mistakes - can we use proper sources?

I think you have quoted from @Brrrake a few times before right?

Venturiation
Venturiation

ThijsMuis wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 12:42
organic wrote:

Yes he does, he is triggered by her reporting simple news for some reason

SiLo

Good news for Mercedes AND F1 imo. The video interviews he does are wonderful and he's a great ambassador for the technical side of the sport.
Felipe Baby!

Venturiation
Venturiation

SiLo wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 14:04
Good news for Mercedes AND F1 imo. The video interviews he does are wonderful and he's a great ambassador for the technical side of the sport.
He has a brilliant way to explain everything

organic

ThijsMuis wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 12:42
organic wrote:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/stat ... 73779?s=20
In what way is quoting an ex-employee of a team the same as a fan who editorializes quotes and selectively reports things? Misinformation is driven by these aggregators. I complain about accounts like @fastpitstop, @redbulletin, @rbr_daily too but that just doesn't suit your agenda I suppose

I just think we should as a supposedly technical site try to use higher quality sources. A lot of people look at these forums and it reflects poorly if quotes from members of the paddock are twisted/ literally rewritten, for instance.
Last edited by organic on 18 Jan 2024, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

Elite
Elite

As long as the information is factually correct, does it matter? :? #-o

Onto the topic, I'm delighted James Allison is staying. If anyone can get Mercedes back to the front I think it's him. Insanely clever guy as far as I can tell and explains things beautifully!

R_Redding
R_Redding

organic wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 14:21
[More importantly, he was an F1 race engineer for 3 years (until 2021)
not sure..but more like 10-12yrs. He worked for Force India for 5-6yrs then RB for another 5yrs (3 as Verstappens race eng,then 2 at base in race simulation).

Following races with his commentary is illuminating.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Let's get on topic please

Thanks
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Luscion
Luscion

organic

Article is about Allison reflecting on how the process of fighting back can be enjoyable
“You say it's no fun, actually it's lots of fun,” said Allison, reflecting on the experience of seeing rival Red Bull dominating so much.

“It isn't as much fun as winning, that's definitely true, but you have to sort of love the whole of the sport. It involves taking your licks when you haven't done a good enough job.”
But also discusses their feelings about '24
Allison remains cautious about where things stack up until he sees what rivals have been able to do.

“I don't think any team has ever been anything other than apprehensive at this time of year, alongside excited or whatever... You'd have to be psychotic to be bullishly confident because you only know one side of the equation, which is what you've done. There have been years where you run a car for the first time and the drivers sort of got out and said: ‘Well spend your bonus, this is a brilliant one.’ But even then, you don't really believe it until you get to the track and start using it in anger and everyone else is alongside you.”