2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
maygun
maygun

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

ringo wrote:
10 May 2024, 06:53
Nothing asked about george's race apart from why he struggled?
This video was a lewis 44 world fan video. Lol
I mean that was the only thing about George's race also, wasn't it? :D

PlatinumZealot

Look at these two trolls! Going to Ferrari and wearing the Mercedes corporate styling of clean white top and dark bottom.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Now..Driver ying-yang has it's place, somewhere else.

Let's not be distracted into this kind of reductionist waffle please.

Save us the admin in reports and whatnot.

AMG Merc Team thread - not getting into ten years ago and Nico Rosberg vs George Russell.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Luscion
Luscion

LH: I'm excited about the changes that will be coming soon. Here (at Imola) we also have some improvements.

Luscion
Luscion

Lewis said: “We have found more of a North Star in terms of what we need to do, it just takes time.

“All we can do is make the most out of what we have in front of us, it is a patience game.

“The fact we do have a direction forwards means we are testing things on the simulator, and that leaves you itching to get those bits [on the car].

“We need all hands on deck and we have that already.”

George added: “It is clear the direction we need to head, but that platform to develop is what keeps people motivated.

“We have a clear direction. We overstepped the changes we made with this car, we now just need to reign it back in and find that happy medium.

“We need to find that step that will bring us into that fight with the guys at the front.”

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/news/enco ... view-imola

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

There's some upgrades on the Merc. Side pods look more aggressive

j_ste
j_ste

Luscion wrote:
16 May 2024, 20:11
Lewis said: “We have found more of a North Star in terms of what we need to do, it just takes time.

“All we can do is make the most out of what we have in front of us, it is a patience game.

“The fact we do have a direction forwards means we are testing things on the simulator, and that leaves you itching to get those bits [on the car].

George added: “It is clear the direction we need to head, but that platform to develop is what keeps people motivated.

“We have a clear direction. We overstepped the changes we made with this car, we now just need to reign it back in and find that happy medium.

“We need to find that step that will bring us into that fight with the guys at the front.”

Damn, thats some beautiful PR.

Should be a fun week anyway...all the junior formulas here. All eyes on Kimi, I guess

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Hmmm. No significant upgrades it seems. Maybe they've cracked their package and we see them lockout the front row tomorrow...hehe

ali623
ali623

Luscion wrote:
16 May 2024, 20:11

May 2023:
“Last year we were a little bit lost in terms of how to fix the issue that we had,” he said. “I feel like the team now have a north star, they know exactly where they need to go and we’re working on how to get there.
https://www.racefans.net/2023/05/26/los ... -hamilton/

Presumably they were looking at the wrong star last year then?

Luscion
Luscion

Big fighting words from Merc/James Allison, Ted towards the end of FP2 said he talked to them and they said that the upgrades they've brought to Miami and Imola are the ones they had an idea about from launch time and while they're good upgrades its only until the next upgrade step you will see the product of the car's true development step and the big step it will have, which they will bring before the summer break, Ted said around 2 months from now (if i had to guess, silverstone). Allison said while it doesnt look special right now they are cautiously optimistic, while admitting the start of the season has been disappointing, that the upgrades they will bring will put them back in contention for not only podium finishes but race wins. First time i've seen Merc be this bold since launch day
Last edited by Luscion on 17 May 2024, 19:26, edited 2 times in total.

^ Never understood the desire to condemn the platform on here even before a round of upgrades. Just silly, data gathering &understanding were always going to be the priorities early.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Luscion wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:49
Big fighting words from Merc/James Allison, Ted towards the end of FP2 said he talked to them and they said that the upgrades they've brought to Miami and Imola are the ones they had an idea about from launch time and while they're good upgrades its only until the next upgrade step you will see the product of the car's true development step and the big step it will have, which they will bring before the summer break, Ted said around 2 months from now (if i had to guess, silverstone). Allison said while it doesnt look special right now they are cautiously optimistic, while admitting the start of the season has been disappointing, that the upgrades they will bring will put them back in contention for not only podium finishes but race wins. First time i've seen Merc be this bold since launch day
I would not say that if I were James. Will look like absolute tossers if they get it wrong, which they have a good track record of doing under these regs…

ringo

Aero Chief fired or resigned?
For Sure!!

Luscion
Luscion

Tvetovnato wrote:
17 May 2024, 19:32
Luscion wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:49
I would not say that if I were James. Will look like absolute tossers if they get it wrong, which they have a good track record of doing under these regs…
Yup that's why I'm so surprised Allison is being so bold, Merc's whole thing this season has been downplaying things to not get hopes up or make them look foolish if things don't work out, Allison and merc must have a lot of confidence in what's coming before the summer break, but it's encouraging that according to shovlin all their upgrades are working as expected, they will also be bringing more upgrades in the next few races

We've had a productive day today. The car has been working well across the two sessions and we have been able to improve on the balance over the course of the day. The updates we have here all seem to be doing what we expect, which is encouraging, but the experience of the last few races has taught us that we have a fair size gap to close. We are hoping to close that gap progressively with developments over the next few events. There's still plenty that we can work on for both single lap and long run performance in the meantime. The gaps ahead aren't that big so we'll be looking hard to find a bit of additional speed overnight.

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/news/emil ... m-in-imola

Matt2725
Matt2725

ringo wrote:
17 May 2024, 19:50
Aero Chief fired or resigned?
Fired allegedly.