2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

xReVo wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 03:11
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 23:50
Mansell89 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 23:29
Yes I agree I actually think Aston should qualify very well this weekend, car looks nice in high speed sweeping sections.

The challenge is that Ferrari also look good there this year and we know McLaren works very well in these conditions also.
The car works well ,but the tyres not:) 9-10th position the goal I think if they can't solve it.
The problem is not the tires! I don't understand why you always think about this. The problem is the front which with the heavy car.
With light car Alonso also was slow as hell on new tyres. I also thought is about heavy car,but after Alonso 2nd stop on new hard was 1 sec slower than sainz or McLaren. Russell also came really fast from behind.

Xyz22
Xyz22

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 10:02
xReVo wrote:
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:

The car works well ,but the tyres not:) 9-10th position the goal I think if they can't solve it.
The problem is not the tires! I don't understand why you always think about this. The problem is the front which with the heavy car.
With light car Alonso also was slow as hell on new tyres. I also thought is about heavy car,but after Alonso 2nd stop on new hard was 1 sec slower than sainz or McLaren. Russell also came really fast from behind.
In order to keep deg in control, they probably have to be quite careful in the first few laps. In the final stint the first 5-6 laps is where he lost the most

Waz
Waz

They really have done a Ferrari with this car, haven't they? (F1-75 to SF-23)

Hopefully the base can be developed as well as the SF-23 too then.

xReVo
xReVo

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
xReVo wrote:
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:

But Aston Martin was the second car with the least degradation this weekend. The fact that the tires didn't pick up pace is probably due to the problem with the front axle they have. In qualifying they set a fast lap with red tires and very little fuel. If you think about it, it's the same problem as the Sf23

diffuser

Waz wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 12:35
They really have done a Ferrari with this car, haven't they? (F1-75 to SF-23)

Hopefully the base can be developed as well as the SF-23 too then.
I'm not sure what you mean by that based on the Australian GP. It's not like they had tire wear problems or did very well in qualifying, It just wasn't that fast. It's also weird that you're comparing it to a car from a different year and the two cars share ZERO parts. So the likely hood of the two cars having the same issue are near zero.

Based on Alonso steering wheel input and the fact he lost it twice into the gravel....They're having quick change of direction issues?

BrunoH
BrunoH

most ridiculous penaly ever. a guy crash some 50m behind and its the guy in front fault... what a joke the 20sec what a joke!

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 16:08
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
xReVo wrote:

But Aston Martin was the second car with the least degradation this weekend. The fact that the tires didn't pick up pace is probably due to the problem with the front axle they have. In qualifying they set a fast lap with red tires and very little fuel. If you think about it, it's the same problem as the Sf23
In F1 temp you can see in Quali, they're loosing all their time in the left right quick turns, which Australia has nothing but those turns in them. They're also running significantly more DF than Merc.

-wkst-
-wkst-

xReVo wrote:
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
xReVo wrote:

I think the low degradation is mainly due to ALO always starts a stint in a very conservative way. STR used the medium only for some laps and got in the HUL train in the 2nd stint at the start and wasn't able to use his new tyres.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Ralf Schumacher, Ralf Bach & Christian Nimmervoll (the ones who report the Christian Horner saga for austrian/german media) all say that Horner wants ALO for 2025. If he keeps his job it's either ALO/VER or ALO/XY at RBR.

xReVo
xReVo

diffuser wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 16:25
xReVo wrote:
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:

In F1 temp you can see in Quali, they're loosing all their time in the left right quick turns, which Australia has nothing but those turns in them. They're also running significantly more DF than Merc.
The Aston Martin has inherited a congenital understeer from the AMR23, and this only increases with the fuel load. And you can also throw in Alonso's understeer driving to further complicate things. They essentially have a front that doesn't bite, in fast corners as you said this gets even worse (and Aston Martin isn't even an efficiency monster). Consequently, in the race it has problems because the front doesn't bring the tires up to temperature and you also have the problem of understeer. The last straw is that this problem with the front suspension is probably due, in my opinion, to a bad synergy with the rear suspension (which in any case works well). The strong point of this car is the aerodynamic load

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

xReVo wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 16:43
diffuser wrote:
xReVo wrote:

The Aston Martin has inherited a congenital understeer from the AMR23, and this only increases with the fuel load. And you can also throw in Alonso's understeer driving to further complicate things. They essentially have a front that doesn't bite, in fast corners as you said this gets even worse (and Aston Martin isn't even an efficiency monster). Consequently, in the race it has problems because the front doesn't bring the tires up to temperature and you also have the problem of understeer. The last straw is that this problem with the front suspension is probably due, in my opinion, to a bad synergy with the rear suspension (which in any case works well). The strong point of this car is the aerodynamic load
I believe you guys, but if nothing to do with the tyres,then how they didn't seen it in the simulator? Looks like they also a bit suprised to be fast(er) at quali but slow on race. What I seen in ther communication, they except the opposite.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

NAPI10
NAPI10

Looks like a selective reporting;doesn’t really means anything.

diffuser

NAPI10 wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 23:48
Looks like a selective reporting;doesn’t really means anything.
let's not start that again.

Alonso said "if he comes back, Aston gets first shot." We all know Stroll isn't going to nickle and dime Alonso. So if he comes back it's at Aston. Let's leave it at that.

SSJ4
SSJ4

xReVo wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 16:43
diffuser wrote:
xReVo wrote:

do we think them being more aggressive with anti dive front suspension is causing an issue also?

anyways we'll see what they have planned on the development front. mclaren didn't turn up until race 11 last season. so i'll give the team the same amount of time before i write off the season