2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

NAPI10 wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 19:59
xReVo wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 18:59
NAPI10 wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 17:26
Wet Track & Cold Temp at Suzuka should suit AMR24 if it continues to generate heat to the tires.
he has problems warming up the tires due to the difficulties of the front. It's a frontally limited and low temperature track, it doesn't suit Aston at all
That was not the case in Bahrain & Jeddah. In fact, Alonso attributed to the car's characteristic to warm tires quickly to help one lap performance.
Has New front wing introduced at Melbourne changed the car behavior?
In Melbourne Aston was the only one who was run 2 warming lap(outlap and an extra lap) before the fast lap at qualification. I think they really couldn't warm up the tyres.

zoroastar
zoroastar

peewon wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 00:51
KimiRai wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 17:22
peewon wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 06:49
Of course hes cursed in these situations so probably end up making the worse decision.
It wasn't the case last time. Personally I trust Briatore whichever team he chooses, hopefully Aston.

You also have to remember what most people dont realize is how much influence certain 'power brokers' have in the sport in terms of shaping such moves and getting the right guys in certain positions to succeed. Its a commercial business after all. Look at Ricciardo's 'comeback'. Do you think that was on merit? Having Alonso in a winning car would piss off the biggest fan base in the sport and it happens to coincide with the most lucrative market that Liberty media is trying to maximize.
how would anything stop those verstappen fans from watching F1 every week, regardless of whether max was "upset" or not? do you think they would suddenly stop watching if verstappen finally had some worthy competition? liberty has that fanbase in its pocket, whether they know (or care) about it or not. liberty is trying to grow in the US more than anywhere. although its doubtful, if alonso went to redbull, interest would be off the charts. if horner truely is going after alonso, i respect him much more than before. not counting whatever he was being investigated for.

ps... wait, are you talking about the English market? haha if thats the case, then your theory is really far out :lol:

peewon

zoroastar wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 21:02

ps... wait, are you talking about the English market? haha if thats the case, then your theory is really far out :lol:
I am talking about the US market. Max is not the most popular driver, especially in the US. Although winning can change things but still quite far.

diffuser

Tire analysis for Suzuka. Notice the "Asphalt Abrasion" vs the other tracks. Also how the rear tires are red for both longitudinal and lateral energy, fronts are red for lateral Energy.

Compare to previous 3 races ....

SSJ4
SSJ4

are we expecting performance updates for suzuka?

KimiRai
KimiRai

SSJ4 wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 23:12
are we expecting performance updates for suzuka?
According to most information, something should arrive yes. But there is always a chance they are wrong.

Waz
Waz

peewon wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 22:50
zoroastar wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 21:02

I am talking about the US market. Max is not the most popular driver, especially in the US. Although winning can change things but still quite far.
I'm confused why the US market would be upset with Alonso getting a winning car? The Mexican market, maybe, at the expense of Checo.

But Alonso has competed in America outside of F1 and been really well received at Daytona, Indy500 and Sebring, all twice.

Waz
Waz

I have no idea what the expectation for Suzuka should be with this car. It seems to have fairly high deg but can't generate heat either. (Unless those can be related? Ie. Higher deg because of not generating enough heat?)

NAPI10
NAPI10

James Allison has called out, managing 'Tire Temperature' is the hinderance to extract car performance. AM is struggling with the same.

Waz
Waz

NAPI10 wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 20:13
James Allison has called out, managing 'Tire Temperature' is the hinderance to extract car performance. AM is struggling with the same.
Exactly what I have been saying, in that the major advantage of Red Bull is in the tire management.

Multi million dollar race cars that are held back by Pirelli.

xReVo
xReVo

Waz wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 15:54
I have no idea what the expectation for Suzuka should be with this car. It seems to have fairly high deg but can't generate heat either. (Unless those can be related? Ie. Higher deg because of not generating enough heat?)
To tell the truth, it doesn't seem to have great tire degradation, it was the second for lowest degradation in Australia (slowness means nothing because otherwise Alpine would be first in tire degradation). They have problems warming up the tire which in my opinion are due to the front axle which I have been repeating for 100 posts😂. So Suzuka doesn't seem to be good for Aston Martin, but degradation shouldn't be a problem

issey
issey

We will see if it’s right

SSJ4
SSJ4

I mean formula uno said a new floor and some stuff for the rear before he tweeted so makes sense

-wkst-
-wkst-

SSJ4 wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 11:54
I mean formula uno said a new floor and some stuff for the rear before he tweeted so makes sense

They also mentioned the beam wing in the article...

A real journalist with real research work (now it must be true too of course) . =D>

According to formula uno the update should be worth 2 tenths at a track like Suzuka.

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 02:46
Waz wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 15:54
To tell the truth, it doesn't seem to have great tire degradation, it was the second for lowest degradation in Australia (slowness means nothing because otherwise Alpine would be first in tire degradation). They have problems warming up the tire which in my opinion are due to the front axle which I have been repeating for 100 posts😂. So Suzuka doesn't seem to be good for Aston Martin, but degradation shouldn't be a problem
You need to look at the Pirelli pre race analysis. Australia is low deg track, the asphalt is not abrasive. Japan is alot more abrasive. So deg will be an issue for some teams. Now a whole new floor and beam wings could improve deg.