2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
-wkst-
-wkst-

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:22
P9 after all the difficulties this weekend is a very good [edit: damage limitation] result.

-wkst- wrote:
05 May 2024, 22:29
After the pit stop they should just retire the car to save components.
Calm before dooming... Two points salvaged
I should have added already in the first post (see my second post) "if they have no chance in the last 10-20 laps".

All in all it's just depressing. Also on the medium ALO wasn't quick compared to others at the front, the gap is huge and still will be big in Imola, they are too much away.

Yes, this GP was mainly about tyres, but still...

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
06 May 2024, 08:05
KimiRai wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:22
P9 after all the difficulties this weekend is a very good [edit: damage limitation] result.

-wkst- wrote:
05 May 2024, 22:29
After the pit stop they should just retire the car to save components.
Calm before dooming... Two points salvaged
I should have added already in the first post (see my second post) "if they have no chance in the last 10-20 laps".

All in all it's just depressing. Also on the medium ALO wasn't quick compared to others at the front, the gap is huge and still will be big in Imola, they are too much away.

Yes, this GP was mainly about tyres, but still...
Ah okay, thanks for clarifying.

Jambier

At the end, 6 to 9 is the position this car can finish, depending on good or bad week end and tracks that suits it.

So not so bad considering this awful week end. Let's hope for some progress, miracles like Mclaren 2023 can't happen all years, but they can catch / beat Mercedes and be closer to Ferrari and Mclaren, let's hope, as said before, this season is VERY long.

No one can know how car will perform between race 15 and 24

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Jambier wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:25
At the end, 6 to 9 is the position this car can finish, depending on good or bad week end and tracks that suits it.

So not so bad considering this awful week end. Let's hope for some progress, miracles like Mclaren 2023 can't happen all years, but they can catch / beat Mercedes and be closer to Ferrari and Mclaren, let's hope, as said before, this season is VERY long.

No one can know how car will perform between race 15 and 24
Alonso interview telling me ,that they still didn't understand the car,just like Mercedes. Ferrari, McLaren and Redbull can trust in simulator setup or in the base setup. Aston and Mercedes need much more time to even get the right direction. Only one Fp1 and bad sprint race really wasn't good for them. Honestly I excepted Aston with Alonso at least be in top 3 at qualifying, because they was very strong at qualification and their drs and tip speed also decent. When Stroll was faster than Alonso then I thought is something not right with the car or setup. Honestly is strange that both Mercedes and Aston suffer with upgrades, time will tell is the wind tunnel or their simulator or simulation program or those ensemble.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 03:57
I don't think they are working well. They've had a reasonable amount of changes to the car since the start of the year, but it doesn't seem to have had the same impact as packages of similar scope from rival teams. Mclaren arrive with 1 update and barely any mileage and win a race. Ferrari have changed nothing and it doesn't feel as though AMR got closer to them.

This was Suzuka:
https://i.postimg.cc/bvqYczy1/image.png

This was this weekend:
https://i.postimg.cc/GmF35BCc/image.png
Notice the ones for Miami all say "Circuit specific". Means they're not really upgrades.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

F1doc wrote:
06 May 2024, 08:03
AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 02:52
Stroll got a 10 second penalty for being forced off track by Albon :wtf:
The penalty made no difference to Stroll's terrible result. He went backwards in the race and didn't seem to get on top of tyre management.
I know he had a bad race, but it just shows the stewards still making bad calls towards Aston Martin.

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
I don't think they are working well. They've had a reasonable amount of changes to the car since the start of the year, but it doesn't seem to have had the same impact as packages of similar scope from rival teams. Mclaren arrive with 1 update and barely any mileage and win a race. Ferrari have changed nothing and it doesn't feel as though AMR got closer to them.

This was Suzuka:

This was this weekend:

It's very difficult to improve a car that is suffering from high tyre wear.

diffuser

Xyz22 wrote:
06 May 2024, 15:28
AR3-GP wrote:

This was Suzuka:

This was this weekend:

I think the car is alot faster than was shown this weekend. In Alonso's own words, he didn't do a good job of setting up the car in Miami. You can see in the traces Alonso was alot slower coming out of the slow speed corners than Stroll was. It's one of the reason it was so hard to pass Ocon. Alonso was very slow coming out of 16.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

diffuser wrote:
06 May 2024, 16:36
Xyz22 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

This was Suzuka:

This was this weekend:

I think the car is alot faster than was shown this weekend. In Alonso's own words, he didn't do a good job of setting up the car in Miami. You can see in the traces Alonso was alot slower coming out of the slow speed corners than Stroll was. It's one of the reason it was so hard to pass Ocon. Alonso was very slow coming out of 16.
OK, but, why they struggle a lot with those setup? This car shouldnt be the "nice windown "operation car? Mclaren didint have time and Norris was out on Sprint and they still had a lot of pace. Why AM struggle so much? looks like 2023, maybe improvements until now were not significants?

Xyz22
Xyz22

diffuser wrote:
06 May 2024, 16:36
Xyz22 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

This was Suzuka:

This was this weekend:

For sure, they underperformed compared to the usual standard because Alo is clearly much quicker than Stroll, even in quali.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Yeah setup must have been abysmal. With the pace deficit we have we should always be with Mercedes. This weekend we were closer haas

makecry
makecry

Regardless of what was wrong and not.

Aston Martin has gone backwards. They were P2 in WCC and Fernando was P3 at this time last year. They should be a at least that or close to that this year and htey are not. Lawrence Stroll should be upset and they need to get their act together.

PinkFloydPulse

If Imola ends up a bust, they are lost for this year for sure... Let's see...
Team Fernando!

xReVo
xReVo

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
06 May 2024, 21:05
If it goes badly in Imola, in my opinion there will be repercussions within the team

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
06 May 2024, 21:13
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
06 May 2024, 21:05
If it goes badly in Imola, in my opinion there will be repercussions within the team
I'M not sure what all the panic is about. The upgrades in Japan worked. I remember last year in Miami , there was no Sprint and they got the setup right only on the Saturday. It was tough for them to set it up for Miami, not sure why.