2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Joseki
Joseki

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

The simulation tools are currently outdated and being replaced by a new simulator this summer, I think this was also a factor.

Generally last year too the sprint weekends were worse than the normal weekends.

xReVo
xReVo

diffuser wrote:
06 May 2024, 21:47
xReVo wrote:
06 May 2024, 21:13
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
06 May 2024, 21:05
If Imola ends up a bust, they are lost for this year for sure... Let's see...
If it goes badly in Imola, in my opinion there will be repercussions within the team
I'M not sure what all the panic is about. The upgrades in Japan worked. I remember last year in Miami , there was no Sprint and they got the setup right only on the Saturday. It was tough for them to set it up for Miami, not sure why.
I'm not so sure, the gap from Ferrari (which hasn't brought any updates) is currently unchanged.

zoroastar
zoroastar

i think something is different or odd about the tarmac in miami. its an outlier for all the teams. mclaren was a second faster on their mediums than softs in sprint quali. redbull was nowhere, compared to their usual form, and max constantly talking about the car changing from lap to lap. suddenly RB and haas are top 4 teams. too much random discrepancies all over the field. even stroll being faster in quali. nothing can really be taken from this race. i dont see why everybody is tripping

Joseki
Joseki

Unless there is strange weather, Imola should be indicative of the true pace of the car at the start of the European season after every team has brough their first upgrade package.

SSJ4
SSJ4

If there Isnt any instant sizeable gains from this new package then I don’t know what they’ve been doing the whole time.

Im not waiting for all this learning the package more. McLaren brought the new package to a sprint weekend and the gain is around 4tenths according to formulauno and other f1 sites

diffuser

Joseki wrote:
07 May 2024, 13:02
Unless there is strange weather, Imola should be indicative of the true pace of the car at the start of the European season after every team has brough their first upgrade package.
Ooooof Imola. Lots of low speed corners, no passing opportunities. This would have been great circuit last year when we had a ton of low end traction. It will definitely prove if they've improved low speed traction.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Somehow I believe that if AMR doesn't make a good step until the summer (relative to the opponents), Stroll will release Krack in hindsight of 2026. Stroll already tried to sign Allison over the winter (Schmidt AMuS - for sure not as technical director).

Xyz22
Xyz22

-wkst- wrote:
07 May 2024, 14:40
Somehow I believe that if AMR doesn't make a good step until the summer (relative to the opponents), Stroll will release Krack in hindsight of 2026. Stroll already tried to sign Allison over the winter (Schmidt AMuS - for sure not as technical director).
They should go after Jonathan Wheatley who is interested in becoming a TP according to recent reports.

xReVo
xReVo

I don't think the team principal makes the difference, it's the technical director who matters in my opinion.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Wheatley would be a good signing for Aston Martin, but I struggle to see how this falls on Krack. He actually recruited a lot of good people to their organization unlike Mercedes who lost tons of important engineers under their team principal’s watch.

Also, there is only going to be so much a team can do with Stroll as a driver. They might be level on points with Mercedes with a different driver in that seat. Not Krack’s fault.

-wkst-
-wkst-

AR3-GP wrote:
07 May 2024, 16:47
Wheatley would be a good signing for Aston Martin, but I struggle to see how this falls on Krack. He actually recruited a lot of good people to their organization unlike Mercedes who lost tons of important engineers under their team principal’s watch.
Fallows, Blandin, Furbatto or Alessi were all signed before Krack joined to be honest.

I have no idea however how good or bad the work of Krack actually is, but there must be something behind it that Schmidt and Barretto reported about this topic. And there were always rumours that Allison wants to be TP.

The question will also be how long Whitmarsh (according to Szafnauer he took 80% of the TP duties) wants to work, he is already 66.

Joseki
Joseki

AR3-GP wrote:

Also, there is only going to be so much a team can do with Stroll as a driver. They might be level on points with Mercedes with a different driver in that seat. Not Krack’s fault.
Let's not be mistaken: it's Stroll Sr. who is signing all the people.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Joseki wrote:
07 May 2024, 19:37
AR3-GP wrote:

Let's not be mistaken: it's Stroll Sr. who is signing all the people.
So Krack has no power? Why would Wheatley want such a position?

SSJ4
SSJ4

Did we use all our filming day mileage?

I’ve seen Ferrari are using theres for the new update. Would have made sense for us to do the same if the imola package is the big one

makecry
makecry

Slow puncture for Fernando in first stint according to Mike Krack. Hmm