2024 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Foryster
Foryster

Re: 2024 Alpine F1 Team

JordanMugen wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:49
Superb driving by team leader Ocon to take a point and move Alpine into a strong P8 in the WCC! Ocon is being very impressive IMO (Gasly isn't too far behind now though, but Ocon's determination is quite something.)
I thought Gasly would be quicker than Ocon this year. But the difference might be in the attitude, as you mentioned. Ocon seams to be more motivated and less depressed by early form of the team.

Alpine is now clearly in front of Sauber and Williams. Both standings and performance. And they are in the mix with Haas and depending on the track with Aston and RB. The next step should be leaving Haas behind and matching RB level which I hope is possible with next upgrades.

I also hope they didnt get most of the recent upgrades as they usually need more trainings / time to get things working.

yepp4
yepp4

They are very close but I think Gasly is overdoing it and can't manage to put everything together. It was I think in Q2 where he has put an amazing lap (like in the top5) but he could not do it again or come close to it. It shows how much he must be frustrated by the situation.
On the other side Ocon is in "no mercy" mode since the beginning of the season and it's quite amazing to see, everytime in Q (well except this weekend) he manages to be faster than previous sessions without making mistakes, he probably got better in car setup or expressing what he needs from the car ?

Alpine in front but Williams is planning bigger upgrades for Imola, Sauber is quick depending on the track but have a rather random reliability... it will be tight !

factory_p

I believe Pierre has been trying more "exotic" setups in order to try and pull the development forward earlier in the season. Now that the car is closer to the points, they should revert to similar setups on both cars and we will get a more representative comparison of the 2 drivers' performance.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Ferrari converting to the alpine style inlet. So concept has good potential

ScottR267
ScottR267

Foryster
Foryster

Great news! Another sign that they started to thread things seriously.