2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Venturiation
Venturiation

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Hoffman900 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:34
Venturiation wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:33
Hoffman900 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:27
If he leaves, how do you enforce a non-compete if he were to go to a team based in a different country? Especially with the UK leaving the EU.
they should worry about honer destroying the team from the inside first

marko and max are probably next to leave
Marko will be 81 years old in a few days time, they should have had a plan for his leaving for 10-15 years now, so that shouldn’t be as shocking.
If marko leaves max follows him that's the problem
And the engineers will follow newey and max

DGP123
DGP123

Marko doesn’t do anything, neither does Horner nowadays. The empire has been built, and once it’s a winning machine, you just ride the wave until the inevitable crash, which looks likely to happen now. The first big name is abandoning ship, and you’d expect more to follow. Happened at Mercedes, and will now happen at RB.

As for Max, I don’t see any other option than Mercedes. Toto might finally do something right…
Last edited by DGP123 on 25 Apr 2024, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

Quantum

Hoffman900 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:27
If he leaves, how do you enforce a non-compete if he were to go to a team based in a different country? Especially with the UK leaving the EU.
He could argue reputational damage/stress from the Horner/PA saga and get an instantaneous break.
It's not like this team needs any more bad press right now, and some might argue that the team is stronger than the individual at Red Bull, so the door might be left open with no resistance from Red Bull themselves.
"Interplay of triads"

Cs98
Cs98

Interesting. On the one hand I think this could've been prevented by sacking Horner when it was appropriate to do so, holding on for dear life always comes with collateral damage. On the other hand I think Newey's importance these last couple of years has been vastly overstated. He's legendary and has been a big piece, but it's the team they've assembled at RB that has made them so successful, not one man. I suspect if they had a straight choice between Newey and Waché they would pick the latter.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Cs98 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:56
Interesting. On the one hand I think this could've been prevented by sacking Horner when it was appropriate to do so, holding on for dear life always comes with collateral damage. On the other hand I think Newey's importance these last couple of years has been vastly overstated. He's legendary and has been a big piece, but it's the team they've assembled at RB that has made them so successful, not one man. I suspect if they had a straight choice between Newey and Waché they would pick the latter.
The problem is there is always a power struggle in the vacuum that would need be managed. This is typical through the entire corporate / business world, and losing employees from real or imagined issues relating to the departure are inevitable.

Elite
Elite

This is some serious cope CS98 :lol:

Cs98
Cs98

Hoffman900 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:57
Cs98 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:56
The problem is there is always a power struggle in the vacuum that would need be managed.
But there is no power struggle in reality, the moment Mateschitz died all the power went to the Thais. What we are really seeing is the breakdown in leadership of going from a man with strong leadership and principles, to the Thais who seem to be more motivated by nepotism as opposed to doing right by the team.

Cs98
Cs98

Elite wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:59
This is some serious cope CS98 :lol:
You can tag me if you want to talk.

It's just reality, as opposed to the cartoonish view some people have of how these teams operate nowadays with one guy being the key for everything. It doesn't work like that anymore. Not to mention it's been reported for a long time that Newey's participation on the F1 side has been phased out in favour of working on the RB17. They'd never do that if they truly thought he was mission critical.

Dunlay
Dunlay

According to @ErikvHaren, Newey is said to be dissatisfied with his current role within Red Bull.

Although he is still seen by many as the mastermind of recent cars, insiders have been saying for a while that Pierre Waché took over that role as the big brain behind the cars.

Newey is focusing much more on the RB17 Hypercar

Horner said last year that Newey spent only 50 percent of the time working on the car. Sources around the top team previously stated that Newey did not actually see this season's car, the RB20, for the first time until the presentation in Milton Keynes in February.

https://t.co/kgXfIafk9r

Cs98
Cs98

DGP123 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:39
Marko doesn’t do anything, neither does Horner nowadays. The empire has been built, and once it’s a winning machine, you just ride the wave until the inevitable crash, which looks likely to happen now. The first big name is abandoning ship, and you’d expect more to follow. Happened at Mercedes, and will now happen at RB.

As for Max, I don’t see any other option than Mercedes. Toto might finally do something right…
With that logic we could argue Lauda's passing had no effect on Merc because from the outside looking in "he didn't do anything". Clearly though, with the benefit of hindsight, those characters at the helm do a lot, not in the engineering room but for ensuring team stability and making big strategic decisions.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Dunlay wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:11

According to @ErikvHaren, Newey is said to be dissatisfied with his current role within Red Bull.

Although he is still seen by many as the mastermind of recent cars, insiders have been saying for a while that Pierre Waché took over that role as the big brain behind the cars.

Newey is focusing much more on the RB17 Hypercar

Horner said last year that Newey spent only 50 percent of the time working on the car. Sources around the top team previously stated that Newey did not actually see this season's car, the RB20, for the first time until the presentation in Milton Keynes in February.

https://t.co/kgXfIafk9r
Already downplaying :lol: when everyone was praising him for the genius RB20
copium started

f1isgood
f1isgood

I think Adrian is a very very big loss. There are some team members who adore him including senior staff like Craig Skinner. This will almost surely have a knock-on effect if he is moving to another team. However if he chooses to retire, I hope he does it after finishing one last masterpiece in the RB17.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Venturiation wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:23
Already downplaying :lol: when everyone was praising him for the genius RB20
copium started
That's the problem with outsiders! They have little undrstanding of the inner workings and talk.

I never believed it's one individual who is everything for an F1 team at a managerial level, but unfortunately people think that can be the case, more specifically in the case of Newey.

I am willing to bet Newey isn't going to be successful like he has been at Red Bull, if he goes elsewhere. As a whole package of tools, technologies, capabilities and people, the other teams aren't where Red Bull is at the moment. I would be happy to be proven wrong, but that's my take. Peter Prodromou, Dan Fallows and Rob Marshall are all individually brilliant people.

continuum16

Cs98 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:12
DGP123 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:39

With that logic we could argue Lauda's passing had no effect on Merc because from the outside looking in "he didn't do anything". Clearly though, with the benefit of hindsight, those characters at the helm do a lot, not in the engineering room but for ensuring team stability and making big strategic decisions.
On a basic personal level I think having two senior figures (at least in theory) allows for a conference of ideas before making big decisions. A checks-and-balances system if you will. As with anything, a second opinion can do you a lot of good if you have reservations about something. I'd say Wolff has already begun to lose the plot in some instances without Lauda there. Age-wise you've got to think Marko is nearing the end of his career; perhaps already wielding less influence after Mateschitz's death. Wouldn't be surprised if Horner has taken a stronger hold since then and like all things we start to get into "absolute power corrupts absolutely" territory in the coming years.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Luscion
Luscion