Ferrari SF-24

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Vanja #66

Re: Ferrari SF-24

Chrono GP is wrong a lot more often than not :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

deadhead

They do however put out, as fictitious as they may be, nice 3D renders from time to time.

This must be their "interpretation" of what has been written about the upgrade by the more reliable sources out there.

Tzk
Tzk

Looks nice, but i don't buy it. Is it even known what exactly Ferrari does with the vertical inlet? Does it indeed channel air through the sidepod and not used as radiator (sidepod) inlet for cooling?

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Reminder - The Car - and actual verified images/review of the physical vehicle - Here please

i.e - Will they bring a floor? Team thread.
or
Look at these pics of the new floor >> HERE
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

mwillems

Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

mwillems

Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Andi76
Andi76

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 13:28
Chrono GP is wrong a lot more often than not :)
So true! Their videos about classic Ferraris from the Schumacher era are also always full of mistakes! Whether it's the F2003 or the F310...

murphy
murphy

I think Ferrari will go for the overbite, to me its common sense, it allows much more air in and then around the car to to the back, if you look at the sidepod inlet on the current car the whole front part is just a panel you can screw it off and put something else on, the upgrade in Miami could setting the up. Got to say i love what they have done with the halo, where it curves down is pretty much flat.

f1316
f1316

murphy wrote:
03 May 2024, 15:52
I think Ferrari will go for the overbite, to me its common sense, it allows much more air in and then around the car to to the back, if you look at the sidepod inlet on the current car the whole front part is just a panel you can screw it off and put something else on, the upgrade in Miami could setting the up. Got to say i love what they have done with the halo, where it curves down is pretty much flat.
Ultimately it doesn’t matter - they’ll go for whatever got them the best results in the tunnel. So long as there’s correlation in real life, it doesn’t matter if it’s an underbite or overbite or whatever - what matters is how big of a step the overall package is. We know it’s supposed to be significant - I’m sceptical about believing laptime numbers bandied around - but even if we believe it’s the 2-3 tenths suggested, that’ll make a big difference (especially in quali which will enable better race strategies as well as overall stronger race pace).

murphy
murphy

f1316 wrote:
03 May 2024, 16:15
murphy wrote:
03 May 2024, 15:52
Ultimately it doesn’t matter - they’ll go for whatever got them the best results in the tunnel. So long as there’s correlation in real life, it doesn’t matter if it’s an underbite or overbite or whatever - what matters is how big of a step the overall package is. We know it’s supposed to be significant - I’m sceptical about believing laptime numbers bandied around - but even if we believe it’s the 2-3 tenths suggested, that’ll make a big difference (especially in quali which will enable better race strategies as well as overall stronger race pace).
Of course it doesn't matter whatever the whole package will be, all i care about is the car having more pace, thats just my humble opinion. Correlation is arguably the most important thing, its why Merc are such a mess.

deadhead

Not sure if true but

"Ferrari will test the SF-24 2.0 at Fiorano between Thursday May 9 and Friday May 10.

This Filming Day will inaugurate this important package of updates that the Maranello team will officially take to the track from Imola."