2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1316
f1316

Re: Ferrari SF-24

murphy wrote:
03 May 2024, 15:52
I think Ferrari will go for the overbite, to me its common sense, it allows much more air in and then around the car to to the back, if you look at the sidepod inlet on the current car the whole front part is just a panel you can screw it off and put something else on, the upgrade in Miami could setting the up. Got to say i love what they have done with the halo, where it curves down is pretty much flat.
Ultimately it doesn’t matter - they’ll go for whatever got them the best results in the tunnel. So long as there’s correlation in real life, it doesn’t matter if it’s an underbite or overbite or whatever - what matters is how big of a step the overall package is. We know it’s supposed to be significant - I’m sceptical about believing laptime numbers bandied around - but even if we believe it’s the 2-3 tenths suggested, that’ll make a big difference (especially in quali which will enable better race strategies as well as overall stronger race pace).

Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

f1316 wrote:
03 May 2024, 16:10
I won’t say I like it, per se, but actually will join the minority that’s pleased they didn’t show up with a blue car. Red is Italy’s racing colour and Ferrari is now the de facto national team (not the same as in the 50’s with Alfa, Maserati and Lancia all flying the flag and where a blue customer Ferrari was incidental). It’s also not the same as the NA Racing Team - that was a protest and not having a red Ferrari was a sign of how serious the situation was. I don’t think scrapping the red livery should be done frivolously - it’s important for Ferrari and Italy and not something to be taken lightly.
Absolutely. I heard it's said the Pope is #1 in Italy, Ferrari TP is #2 :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

f1316 wrote:
03 May 2024, 16:10
Vanja #66 wrote:
02 May 2024, 22:01
Knowing I'm in minority here, but I love how this looks actually. The red and light blue contrast is very strong, while darker blue tones that down a bit. Historical references are all over the car. Track photos will look stunning.

https://i.ibb.co/6NhVgJm/Screenshot-20240502-215134.png

It would be something else if they choose to go with blue and white details next year, with HP logos it will make sense. Also with Hamilton's home country flag...
I won’t say I like it, per se, but actually will join the minority that’s pleased they didn’t show up with a blue car. Red is Italy’s racing colour and Ferrari is now the de facto national team (not the same as in the 50’s with Alfa, Maserati and Lancia all flying the flag and where a blue customer Ferrari was incidental). It’s also not the same as the NA Racing Team - that was a protest and not having a red Ferrari was a sign of how serious the situation was. I don’t think scrapping the red livery should be done frivolously - it’s important for Ferrari and Italy and not something to be taken lightly.
Dude, nobody was asking Ferrari to scrap the red livery. lol

We are talking about a one-off.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

why is Ferrari delaying upgrades? McLaren got so many updates for this race, what if its rainy in imola is it good to test upgrades there?

Xyz22
Xyz22

Fakepivot wrote:
03 May 2024, 17:19
why is Ferrari delaying upgrades? McLaren got so many updates for this race, what if its rainy in imola is it good to test upgrades there?
Ferrari didn't delay anything. The upgrades are taking longer because, according to recent reports, they switched sidepods inlet concept during development due to higher than expected gains. In order to reduce the impact on the budget cap they decided to avoid introducing the first evolution in Suzuka and go directly for the latest one in Imola.

Moreover, the other parts probably work in "conjunction" with the new sidepods (as already mentioned by Vanja) so there was no point bringing something in Miami

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

Xyz22 wrote:
03 May 2024, 17:26
Fakepivot wrote:
03 May 2024, 17:19
Ferrari didn't delay anything. The upgrades are taking longer because, according to recent reports, they switched sidepods inlet concept during development due to higher than expected gains. In order to reduce the impact on the budget cap they decided to avoid introducing the first evolution in Suzuka and go directly for the latest one in Imola.

Moreover, the other parts probably work in "conjunction" with the new sidepods (as already mentioned by Vanja) so there was no point bringing something in Miami
Let's hope that's actually the case. My bitter gut feeling is the same once again, that the owners and top management are not so fully committed to succeeding in races as we would like them to be. My impression is that they are happy at being "quite there". They do not strive in the Red Bull way. Mc Lauren is more committed too.

jambuka
jambuka

Charles proving he is prone to mistakes again & again

Vanja #66

There's absolutely no team with more fans feeling they have the right to take a dump on than Ferrari. In any sport in any country
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

That was really stupid.

Losing the car in the second push lap on hard tyres. Why? What's the point?
No damage due to luck, but then clutch became too hot and can't go in reverse.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Not really what you want to do on a sprint Charles... going to be on the backfoot all weekend

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Oh no, a spin in FP. That never happens to anyone!

jambuka
jambuka

Xyz22 wrote:
03 May 2024, 18:44
That was really stupid.

Exactly, now neither he will get to setup the car nor the team will get valuable data.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
03 May 2024, 18:46
Oh no, a spin in FP. That never happens to anyone!
Yeah, more unfortunate than anything given the circumstances though. Thankfully parc ferme opens after the sprint which is basically now a low point practice session.

Xyz22
Xyz22

jambuka wrote:
03 May 2024, 18:46
Xyz22 wrote:
03 May 2024, 18:44
That was really stupid.

Exactly, now neither he will get to setup the car nor the team will get valuable data.
Maybe this is not a negative tbh.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 May 2024, 18:43
There's absolutely no team with more fans feeling they have the right to take a dump on than Ferrari. In any sport in any country
Yep, this is the thing I hate the most about Ferrari threads. Everything is under a microscope.