2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
08 May 2024, 18:36
Xyz22 wrote:
08 May 2024, 18:04
Exactly.
That's another myth, dominant among english media. There was no cheating at any time, car was legal within prescribed plank measurment methodlogy. A part of TD39 requirment was also a limit on vertical oscillation, both amplitude and peak G. Ferrari ran with and allowed oscillations before Spa. Drivers didn't enjoy it, but didn't complain too much. At Spa, this had to change and a massive change was evident.
I didn't say they were cheating. I said that if Binotto admitted they lost performance due to the TD039 the media (especially British) would have "accused" Ferrari of exploiting a loophole in the regulations and they would have pushed the cheating narrative massively (like they did in 2018 thanks to Mercedes/Hamiton PR. Remember the double battery drama?)
That’s like saying that teams with flexible wings are cheating.

If a car passes scrutineering then it’s legal. If the rules change the car has to change to be legal again.

Any name calling of this is just sensational.

Xyz22
Xyz22

dialtone wrote:
08 May 2024, 19:16
Xyz22 wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
08 May 2024, 18:36

That's another myth, dominant among english media. There was no cheating at any time, car was legal within prescribed plank measurment methodlogy. A part of TD39 requirment was also a limit on vertical oscillation, both amplitude and peak G. Ferrari ran with and allowed oscillations before Spa. Drivers didn't enjoy it, but didn't complain too much. At Spa, this had to change and a massive change was evident.
I didn't say they were cheating. I said that if Binotto admitted they lost performance due to the TD039 the media (especially British) would have "accused" Ferrari of exploiting a loophole in the regulations and they would have pushed the cheating narrative massively (like they did in 2018 thanks to Mercedes/Hamiton PR. Remember the double battery drama?)
That’s like saying that teams with flexible wings are cheating.

If a car passes scrutineering then it’s legal. If the rules change the car has to change to be legal again.

Any name calling of this is just sensational.
I agree, but Ferrari is under massive scrutiny and if there is something they can say against the team, they will use literally everything.

jambuka
jambuka

Would be such a scene if they roll out a zero pod rocketship in Imola. :D

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
08 May 2024, 19:11
I didn't say they were cheating. I meant that if Binotto admitted they lost performance due to the TD039 the media (especially British) would have "accused" Ferrari of exploiting a loophole in the regulations and they would have pushed the cheating narrative massively (like they did in 2018 thanks to Mercedes/Hamiton PR. Remember the double battery drama?)
Ah, sorry, I see it now... Scusa amico :)

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 May 2024, 19:29
Xyz22 wrote:
08 May 2024, 19:11
I didn't say they were cheating. I meant that if Binotto admitted they lost performance due to the TD039 the media (especially British) would have "accused" Ferrari of exploiting a loophole in the regulations and they would have pushed the cheating narrative massively (like they did in 2018 thanks to Mercedes/Hamiton PR. Remember the double battery drama?)
Ah, sorry, I see it now... Scusa amico :)

https://c.tenor.com/LLLJYVQJNVAAAAAC/tenor.gif
No issues :D

Great overtake by Charles on Lewis, even considering the car+ fresh tyres advantage.

yooogurt

From formula uno stream:
They used to say the new SF-24 package was worth 2.5 tenths, but really SmilexTech found out it costs a lot more than that. This is very similar to what McLaren did in Miami (+/- 4 tenths). The new parts are quite significant, it's a lot more than 2.5 tenths. Ferrari are also planning further significant improvements at the end of the season.
FORZA FERRARI!

Space-heat
Space-heat

Disclaimer that @FerrariF1FRA is an aggregator (I think) but I have enjoyed their content.

https://twitter.com/FerrariF1FRA/status ... 5431793115

Main point (google translate):

"Previously it was said that the new SF-24 package is worth 2.5 tenths but in reality, @SmilexTech (Piergiuseppe Donadoni) has learned that it is worth much more. It's quite similar to what McLaren did in Miami (+/- 4 tenths). The new parts are quite significant, it's much more than 2.5 tenths. Ferrari is also planning further significant improvements for later in the season."

Excited for the first look on Thurs/Fri from Fiorano.

dia6olo
dia6olo

Space-heat wrote:
08 May 2024, 22:37
Disclaimer that @FerrariF1FRA is an aggregator (I think) but I have enjoyed their content.

https://twitter.com/FerrariF1FRA/status ... 5431793115

Main point (google translate):

"Previously it was said that the new SF-24 package is worth 2.5 tenths but in reality, @SmilexTech (Piergiuseppe Donadoni) has learned that it is worth much more. It's quite similar to what McLaren did in Miami (+/- 4 tenths). The new parts are quite significant, it's much more than 2.5 tenths. Ferrari is also planning further significant improvements for later in the season."

Excited for the first look on Thurs/Fri from Fiorano.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2140695462 (Obviously in Italian)
I have just watched formu1a.uno's twitch video that was on tonight and indeed Piergiuseppe Donadoni said his sources say the expected gain is bigger than the 2.5 tenths that is coming out of Ferrari and is similar to the gain McLaren made.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

of course it's 4 tenths. It's been 7 race weekends + at least 2 months before the season started that they were working on the first package. 2 tenths would be embarrassing. They were always downplaying.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

4 tenths would put us as first force with no other changes from the rest, we will see what RBR brings.

ferkan
ferkan

AR3-GP wrote:
09 May 2024, 00:02
of course it's 4 tenths. It's been 7 race weekends + at least 2 months before the season started that they were working on the first package. 2 tenths would be embarrassing. They were always downplaying.
Nah I still think 2 tenths would be good, 3 tenths very very good. 4 tenths is out of reach I think but lets see, Donadoni is extremely good source though.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ferkan wrote:
09 May 2024, 01:22
AR3-GP wrote:
Nah I still think 2 tenths would be good, 3 tenths very very good. 4 tenths is out of reach I think but lets see, Donadoni is extremely good source though.
Mclaren raised the bar. Even Red Bull's upgrade are basic compared to them. Every time Mclaren touches their car, the other teams look over their shoulder.

Sevach
Sevach

AR3-GP wrote:
09 May 2024, 01:46
ferkan wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
Mclaren raised the bar. Even Red Bull's upgrade are basic compared to them. Every time Mclaren touches their car, the other teams look over their shoulder.
Very true, i thought last year was a one off because the first version of that car was disappointing, but this upgrade was very impressive.

deadhead

4 tenths would certainly have they fighting for victory unless of course Red Bull bring out something similar..

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Sevach wrote:
09 May 2024, 02:21
AR3-GP wrote:
09 May 2024, 01:46
ferkan wrote:

Very true, i thought last year was a one off because the first version of that car was disappointing, but this upgrade was very impressive.
I am yet to be convinced by the McLaren upgrade. I don’t think they were much faster than the Ferrari with 0 upgrades. It was a race where track position was key and having free air had a big advantage.

The well timed safety car left Lando with the best tyres at the end, while both Max and especially Charles were on old tyres which they had to restart.

Carlos was relatively close in lap times to Lando at the end and I don’t even consider him the reference driver for Ferrari to judge performance .

So, the 4 tenths number sounds audacious. They were not 4 tenths slower than Ferrari before, the gap was around a tenth/ 1.5 tenths.