2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Jesus christ lmao

The FIA needs to fire Tombazidis

Cs98
Cs98

Xyz22 wrote:
09 May 2024, 09:58
https://formu1a.uno/wp-content/uploads/ ... scaled.jpg

Jesus christ lmao

:lol: WHAT ARE THOSE!?!?

zubster
zubster

Xyz22 wrote:
09 May 2024, 09:58
https://formu1a.uno/wp-content/uploads/ ... scaled.jpg

Jesus christ lmao

Is this an april fools? It looks terrible!

Vanja #66

I would say those FIA wheel arches are not working... :mrgreen: The spray is still going up, but now it also goes sideways. This looks like an extreme solution to see if there's any chance it might actually work. It doesn't

On F1-75 we can see the white flaps are back on Ferrari cars with HP logos on them.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Tombazidis lost his mind. Just --- discard the absolutely useless wet tyre which is way too hard to be useful. There is no way they will make these wheel covers work.

Space-heat
Space-heat

Xyz22 wrote:
09 May 2024, 10:18
https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-in-pista ... ferrari-5/

Tombazidis lost his mind. Just --- discard the absolutely useless wet tyre which is way too hard to be useful. There is no way they will make these wheel covers work.
I can not remember where I read it (FormulaUno maybe), but the summary was that the diffuser spray is the problem.
If that is the case, does it not mean wet racing won't happen while the car wake is ejected upward, which is done to improve following...

My first impression of the covers was, they hardly 3D printed those, did they? :lol:

Cs98
Cs98

Sphere3758 wrote:
09 May 2024, 08:34
Sevach wrote:
09 May 2024, 02:21
AR3-GP wrote:
09 May 2024, 01:46

Mclaren raised the bar. Even Red Bull's upgrade are basic compared to them. Every time Mclaren touches their car, the other teams look over their shoulder.
Very true, i thought last year was a one off because the first version of that car was disappointing, but this upgrade was very impressive.
I am yet to be convinced by the McLaren upgrade. I don’t think they were much faster than the Ferrari with 0 upgrades. It was a race where track position was key and having free air had a big advantage.

The well timed safety car left Lando with the best tyres at the end, while both Max and especially Charles were on old tyres which they had to restart.

Carlos was relatively close in lap times to Lando at the end and I don’t even consider him the reference driver for Ferrari to judge performance .

So, the 4 tenths number sounds audacious. They were not 4 tenths slower than Ferrari before, the gap was around a tenth/ 1.5 tenths.
Sainz was faster than Piastri in the half upgraded McLaren, enough to pass, yet the fully upgraded McL in the hands of Norris was faster than Sainz. Only a big upgrade would explain such a performance difference.

As for Sainz not being the "reference driver", might need to re-evaluate that considering he was catching Leclerc at the end. Leclerc was on slightly older tyres, but deg was almost zero.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Cs98 wrote:
09 May 2024, 10:32
Sphere3758 wrote:
Sevach wrote:

Very true, i thought last year was a one off because the first version of that car was disappointing, but this upgrade was very impressive.
I am yet to be convinced by the McLaren upgrade. I don’t think they were much faster than the Ferrari with 0 upgrades. It was a race where track position was key and having free air had a big advantage.

The well timed safety car left Lando with the best tyres at the end, while both Max and especially Charles were on old tyres which they had to restart.

Carlos was relatively close in lap times to Lando at the end and I don’t even consider him the reference driver for Ferrari to judge performance .

So, the 4 tenths number sounds audacious. They were not 4 tenths slower than Ferrari before, the gap was around a tenth/ 1.5 tenths.
Sainz was faster than Piastri in the half upgraded McLaren, enough to pass, yet the fully upgraded McL in the hands of Norris was faster than Sainz. Only a big upgrade would explain such a performance difference.

As for Sainz not being the "reference driver", might need to re-evaluate that considering he was catching Leclerc at the end. Leclerc was on slightly older tyres, but deg was almost zero.
Even with low deg having 8 laps fresher tyres is a significant advantage.

Cs98
Cs98

Xyz22 wrote:
09 May 2024, 10:34
Cs98 wrote:
Sphere3758 wrote:

Even with low deg having 8 laps fresher tyres is a significant advantage.
It isn't when the degradation is so low that the fuel burn yields more time gain. The Ferraris were getting progressively faster on both their stints. In any case, we give Leclerc a tenth or two from deg, that's basically what Sainz was gaining on him per lap. So Sainz was an excellent reference here.

Cs98
Cs98

Space-heat wrote:
09 May 2024, 10:24
Xyz22 wrote:
09 May 2024, 10:18
https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-in-pista ... ferrari-5/

I can not remember where I read it (FormulaUno maybe), but the summary was that the diffuser spray is the problem.
If that is the case, does it not mean wet racing won't happen while the car wake is ejected upward, which is done to improve following...

My first impression of the covers was, they hardly 3D printed those, did they? :lol:
Any device, ugly or not, that alleviates some of the spray is a good thing in my book. Racing in the wet is never going to be problem free, but if you can get 30-40% of the spray away, that's going to help keep the cars out on track instead of red flagging.

.poz
.poz

Re: Ferrari SF-24

dia6olo
dia6olo

Sphere3758 wrote:
Sevach wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
09 May 2024, 01:46

Mclaren raised the bar. Even Red Bull's upgrade are basic compared to them. Every time Mclaren touches their car, the other teams look over their shoulder.

I concur, I have a feeling the McLaren situation is exaggerated.
I think a combination of a sprint weekend, an upgrade, a large slice of luck, RBR and Ferrari messing their races up and Lando winning has gone to some peoples heads.

Ultimately the real gain will only be revealed after a number of race weekend, what we saw in Miami means very little at this stage, they wouldn't be the first team/car to have an above average performance one weekend when the stars align.
Last edited by dia6olo on 09 May 2024, 12:56, edited 2 times in total.

Vanja #66

Please let's not post old cars in latest car threads, thanks
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Jakxy
Jakxy

Vanja #66 wrote:
09 May 2024, 11:18
Please let's not post old cars in latest car threads, thanks
today’s test with last year's car?

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Cs98 wrote:
Sphere3758 wrote:
Sevach wrote:

I dont remember a recent occurance where Piastri matched Lando's race pace, so quantifying the upgrade using their pace differential is not a sound argument imo.

Charles spent a big portion of the last stint around 2s behind Max, trying to protect his tyres by not getting too close. His pace in relatively free air, that Carlos had after he passed Piastri, might have been better. Lets also not forget that he had to "restart" his hard tyres twice : behind the VSC and the SC.

Anyway, historical data makes Leclerc the reference driver for Ferrari. The same way that Lando is the reference driver for McLaren.

Agree with @dia6olo too, if the SC had not happened and Lando had finished 3rd or 4th, the upgrades would not be viewed in the same way.
Last edited by Sphere3758 on 09 May 2024, 11:48, edited 7 times in total.