2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

honda finished the 2021 season with only three powerunits . i think they are holding back a lot maybe because of cost .redbull are getting what they pay for. they promise offseason that they will fix the reliability but they havent.they made empty promises like back in the mclaren days.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wow. Top speed looks good so far. Where did that come from?!. At least will be able to make some passes unlike Hungary then. Could be a problem in qualli tho if wet but race day should be dry.

djos

runningmanz wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 16:06
Wow. Top speed looks good so far. Where did that come from?!. At least will be able to make some passes unlike Hungary then. Could be a problem in qualli tho if wet but race day should be dry.

Daniel seems more comfortable than Yuki with this low downforce setup, as he’s roughly 1/2 second faster across FP1/2. But the lap times aren’t that great for either car.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Yeah wonder if they will try and increase a little df to try qnd improve sector 2. Tricky balancing act.Although the lap times are not great apparently Dan's long runs were decent and a good top speed will allow us to catch up and pass on the straights even if we might lose out in s2.

Dan's long run pace was good according to Permane and they are looking to improve rear end balance ahead of fp3.

"On a positive note, Daniel's long run pace was not only quick, but had very low degradation."

https://speedcafe.com/ricciardo-shows-p ... race-pace/

runningmanz
runningmanz

Looks like another stuff up from Vcarb mistiming Dan's last run with him out way too early. He was doing really well up until that last run.

ispano6

What was the issue Yuki suffered in FP1 and 2 and what was the issue the replay was showing on Yuki's final q1 run? Looks like he had no power coming out of turn 1? He went yellow that 1st sector so something must have happened there.

Big Gun
Big Gun

Just a gut feeling, but I think Ricciardo is now finally getting on top of Yuki, especially if you look at last 6 races

Bill
Bill

Big Gun wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 19:35
Just a gut feeling, but I think Ricciardo is now finally getting on top of Yuki, especially if you look at last 6 races
that what they said in mexico last year dream on yuki has nothing to fight for he is starting 60 place back.if you look at canada yuki was ahead but a safety car brought dan into the race and yuki just made a slight error but still better on pace. in barcelona yuki was giving a damaged floor so we dont know who was ahead .austria dan was ahead .silverstone and austria yuki scored point dan had zero.so over the last 5 races daniel have been better than yuki only once.daniel has no contract and if they keep prez he could be out of f1 so being better than yuki is the least of his problems.

djos

runningmanz wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 16:50
Looks like another stuff up from Vcarb mistiming Dan's last run with him out way too early. He was doing really well up until that last run.
Yeah that was frustrating to watch, otherwise it was a really good qualifying session with times in the top ten for most of his runs.

Most interesting to me tho, was his final time in Q2 was only 2/10ths slower than Perez’s best time, and Perez was 6/10ths back from Max.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Big Gun wrote:
The trend data is definitely on Daniels side, in terms of the weekend result, it’s currently 3:3 from the last 6 weekends. If it wasn’t for the teams strategic blunder last weekend, it would have been 4:2 Daniels way.

Whatever Daniel changed after Monaco to better prepare himself for race weekends, has paid big dividends.

I’m not going to count this weekend against Yuki, as we don’t know why they needed to bring in a new PU for him. I can’t imagine he was putting in maximum effort knowing that he was starting at the back of the grid. I think being risk averse under the circumstances, especially considering the wet conditions, was very sensible.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Bill wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 19:54
Big Gun wrote:
that what they said in mexico last year dream on yuki has nothing to fight for he is starting 60 place back.if you look at canada yuki was ahead but a safety car brought dan into the race and yuki just made a slight error but still better on pace. in barcelona yuki was giving a damaged floor so we dont know who was ahead .austria dan was ahead .silverstone and austria yuki scored point dan had zero.so over the last 5 races daniel have been better than yuki only once.daniel has no contract and if they keep prez he could be out of f1 so being better than yuki is the least of his problems.
Bill, I know you are a hard core Yuki fan, but the fact is, mistakes cost results. Fact, Yuki has made costly mistakes in the last 6 race weekends, Daniel hasn’t.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Bill wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 19:54
Big Gun wrote:
This is such a poor and biased take in Yuki's favour. These are the actual facts in regards to the last 5 races.

Canada Race beats Yuki: Despite Dan having a clutch issue at the start and getting a 5 sec penalty. They also pitted him early on lap 27 while he was 11.3 seconds ahead of Yuki (Dan in P7 vs Yuki in P10) leaving Yuki out. BS about the SC later in the race Dan had to make an extra stop and had already pulled back the gap on Yuki before that SC. Yuki spins out later in the race through driver error when Dan was within DRS of Yuki and likely to pass on fresher tyres. Dan finishes 8th and Yuki 14th

Spain Race beats Yuki: Even though Yuki pitted first he was not quick and complained of handling issues in the race. Dan was clearly faster and finished ahead in 15th vs yuki 19th.

Austria Race beats Yuki: Dan finishes in 9th 23.3 seconds ahead of Yuki in 15th.

Britain Race Yuki beats Dan and finishes 10th 22.4 secs ahead of Dan in 13th.

Hungary Race Yuki beats Dan: Dan was leading Yuki before he was given a bad strategy call pitting on lap 8 and put back out into traffic behind the fastest car in Kmag. He also had to yield for blue flags multiple times and was given an extra pitstop. He was very likely to beat Yuki given he was clearly faster in the race and removing this very poor pit strategy.

As for here at Spa, Dan has been the quicker driver in all sessions and its only due to a botched last run in Q2 that he missed out on a Q3 spot given how quick he was all qualli and also putting the car P6 before pitting with 2 mins to go while most others set another lap in improving conditions.

Yuki was also supposed to help Dan in qualli get has high a grid slot as possible so I don't buy this he wasn't trying due to the penalties. He was ideally supposed to try and make Q3 with Dan so he could try and give him a slipstream there.

Tsunoda Set to Help Ricciardo in Belgian GP Qualifying

Speaking to Will Buxton (quotes via PlanetF1) Tsunoda said: “Normally we perform well in the rain. For now, I prefer rain, but any condition, I’ll just focus on what I can help for Daniel — slipstreaming or whatever.”

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2024 ... ualifying/

So really it should have been 4 out of the last 5 given the clear Hungary pit debacle for Dan in the race.

Given Dan has been ahead of Yuki in all sessions here at Spa including qualli where Yuki was supposed to try as normal to make Q3 its not unreasonable at all to suggest Dan has been the better driver at Spa and a chance to make it 5 out of the last 6 races wins vs Yuki.
Last edited by runningmanz on 28 Jul 2024, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

djos

Honestly, in a wet qualifying with no DRS, team mates realistically can’t help each other out.

So I think the team told Yuki to be conservative and just survive. He’s starting at the back anyway.

After reviewing FP1-3, both drivers had issues in most sessions. I assume Yuki has teething issues from the new PU parts, and Daniel appeared to have broken some part of his suspension in FP2 and then had a steering issue in FP3 that limited his running.

Despite that, Daniel was consistently 1/2 second faster than Yuki in all sessions, including qualifying. I was surprised by this given that Yuki has basically a brand new PU.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 05:03
Honestly, in a wet qualifying with no DRS, team mates realistically can’t help each other out.

So I think the team told Yuki to be conservative and just survive. He’s starting at the back anyway.

After reviewing FP1-3, both drivers had issues in most sessions. I assume Yuki has teething issues from the new PU parts, and Daniel appeared to have broken some part of his suspension in FP2 and then had a steering issue in FP3 that limited his running.

Despite that, Daniel was consistently 1/2 second faster than Yuki in all sessions, including qualifying. I was surprised by this given that Yuki has basically a brand new PU.
yeah I'm not sure if they changed the plan or not for Yuki to help Dan but Dan has definitely been on top all sessions. Just sucks again through poor strategy he is not able to extract the best result out of the car. Q3 was a very big chance here for him. Looks promising for the race though if its dry as his long runs were strong and not much deg.

djos

runningmanz wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 05:12
djos wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 05:03

yeah I'm not sure if they changed the plan or not for Yuki to help Dan but Dan has definitely been on top all sessions. Just sucks again through poor strategy he is not able to extract the best result out of the car. Q3 was a very big chance here for him. Looks promising for the race though if its dry as his long runs were strong and not much deg.
Daniel seems to be generally ok with the decision and timing on this one. The team thought conditions would get worse, however just going out an extra 30-45 seconds earlier would have given them the insurance of a second run.

"In downforce we trust"