2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

djos wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 00:12
Wouter wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 17:36
ispano6 wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 17:00
https://external-preview.redd.it/yuki-t ... 0031d06d0e
Yuki's Valorant themed helmet

Also:

One problem is Checo had a semi-decent Hungary race, but Yuki has been more consistent. The other is RB need points scorers too. Hopefully Liam can step in there.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/yuki-tsun ... at-rumours
According to Will Buxton Ricciardo will go to RBR after the summerbreak. (According to a visitor in the paddock)
The media generally are seem be back to saying it’s Daniel who will get the seat. Apparently Perez has cost them more than 6 million dollars in repairs, not to mention the huge points gap to Max.

The rationale is, Daniel is a safe pair of hands (rarely crashes due to his own mistakes), form is now very consistent, and they know he’ll play well with Max and isn’t likely to lose his temper and do stupid things (and even when he does, he’s very restrained).

They are also saying that Perez will be dumped to a 3rd driver role and Liam will get the VCARB seat.
Yeah wow thats so much money in damage. Then add the lost points on top of that and not knowing what you will get week to week with Checo for so long it would not surprise if he is dropped.

Alot of rumors floating around of Dan now in the box seat again and possibly even having signed something before this weekend. On the sum of everything and what RBR are currently looking for he is the best candidate from the RBR family at this point. I'll believe it when I see it though!

Roll on Spa!

djos

runningmanz wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 08:01
ispano6 wrote:

Also:
Tsunoda revealed that Marko came to him during last month’s Austrian Grand Prix to inform him that the next three races would be important for his future.

However, after a disappointing race in Spielberg the Japanese star assumed Marko was warning him that he could lose his current VCARB spot, rather than earn a promotion to Red Bull.

He said: “He told me in Austria that the next three races would be important for the future, but Austria wasn’t good.

“So I was thinking: ‘OK, maybe he’s talking about my future regarding my Formula 1 seat rather than the Red Bull seat!’

“So I was not really thinking or asking deeply about that.

“And it’s typical of Helmut that if I didn’t perform well for two races, or one race, immediately he comes to you and puts on pressure.

“So it was kind of a usual day for me. But after that, it was quite clear what I did at Silverstone in Hungary.

“Other than that. I haven’t had any conversations.”

Asked directly by PlanetF1.com if he views the Belgian Grand Prix as a crucial weekend to help sway Red Bull’s decision in his favour, Tsunoda reiterated his stance that he has already “proved enough” in F1 2024 to deserve a chance as Verstappen’s team-mate.

He said: “For every driver except Max, all races are critical. I’ve just got used to it and I just do my normal race.

“If you see the previous races since [Bahrain], it’s quite clear how much I’ve improved.

“The amount of Q3 appearances, the amount of points taken at [different] tracks, I think I’ve proved enough.

“Obviously this race will be important as well, but we’ll see how it goes.”
One problem is Checo had a semi-decent Hungary race, but Yuki has been more consistent. The other is RB need points scorers too. Hopefully Liam can step in there.

Thats a great looking helmet! Love it. Dan's is really cool too for Spa!

Nice! Btw if you replace X in the URL with Twitter, it’ll embed properly.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

runningmanz wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 08:05
djos wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 00:12
Wouter wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 17:36

According to Will Buxton Ricciardo will go to RBR after the summerbreak. (According to a visitor in the paddock)
The media generally are seem be back to saying it’s Daniel who will get the seat. Apparently Perez has cost them more than 6 million dollars in repairs, not to mention the huge points gap to Max.

The rationale is, Daniel is a safe pair of hands (rarely crashes due to his own mistakes), form is now very consistent, and they know he’ll play well with Max and isn’t likely to lose his temper and do stupid things (and even when he does, he’s very restrained).

They are also saying that Perez will be dumped to a 3rd driver role and Liam will get the VCARB seat.
Yeah wow thats so much money in damage. Then add the lost points on top of that and not knowing what you will get week to week with Checo for so long it would not surprise if he is dropped.

Alot of rumors floating around of Dan now in the box seat again and possibly even having signed something before this weekend. On the sum of everything and what RBR are currently looking for he is the best candidate from the RBR family at this point. I'll believe it when I see it though!

Roll on Spa!
Not wrong, now with Maclaren being the fastest car, they can’t afford Perez continually binning it or starting races outside of the top 6.

Yeah I’m not counting any chickens before they’ve hatched either, anything is possible in F1.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 08:07
runningmanz wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Also:

Yep its cool. Ah great thanks, I wondered why it didn;t work anymore lol :D

djos

runningmanz wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 08:11
djos wrote:
runningmanz wrote:

Elon is a clown for renaming Twitter, no one likes “X”. Talk about brand homicide! 🤦‍♂️
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 08:22
runningmanz wrote:
djos wrote:

Elon is a clown for renaming Twitter, no one likes “X”. Talk about brand homicide! 🤦‍♂️
yeah its annoying! Lucky?? he is not into F1 and messing about! Although it would be fascinating to see what sort of state of the art tech and facilities he could bring to F1 and a team if he ran it. :D

djos

runningmanz wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 08:25
djos wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 08:22
runningmanz wrote:

yeah its annoying! Lucky?? he is not into F1 and messing about! Although it would be fascinating to see what sort of state of the art tech and facilities he could bring to F1 and a team if he ran it. :D
I dunno if having him in F1 would be good for the sport, he seems to have lost touch with reality in the last year or so.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 12:48
Ouch! At least you can overtake at Spa, but that’s still a big setback.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Yeah it sucks with these limited parts having to take penalties but at least a track you can pass. Having said that the Vcarb is not good in the speed traps. Lets see though.

Wouter

runningmanz wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 13:04
Yeah it sucks with these limited parts having to take penalties but at least a track you can pass.

Having said that the Vcarb is not good in the speed traps. Lets see though.
I think it sucks. :(
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 13:22
runningmanz wrote:
Yeah it sucks with these limited parts having to take penalties but at least a track you can pass.

I miss the one engine and gearbox per weekend rules from the V10 days. I know the current PU’s are crazy expensive (and the tech is cool and impressive), but I’d still prefer to go back to say 18k RPM limited V10’s.

If they want to be “green”, run them on ethanol made from bio-waste and maybe make them 2.6 litre instead of 3.5.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wouter wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 13:22
runningmanz wrote:

Yep agreed. All these rules saving parts, different tyre compounds and management etc takes away from pure racing flat out to see who is fastest imo but unfortunately it's here to stay.

Bill
Bill

honda finished the 2021 season with only three powerunits . i think they are holding back a lot maybe because of cost .redbull are getting what they pay for. they promise offseason that they will fix the reliability but they havent.they made empty promises like back in the mclaren days.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wow. Top speed looks good so far. Where did that come from?!. At least will be able to make some passes unlike Hungary then. Could be a problem in qualli tho if wet but race day should be dry.